Forum › Posts by bluebearies

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

hello! its been a while since the last time i visited this forum, lol.

may i know... how to get the overtooning to work again? seems like there were some changes to the lezhin site, and.. i have greasemonkey add-on, as well as the overtooning bookmark scripting, but they aren't working... because sometimes i'd go back and re-read past chapters on lezhin site, and i really like halmoni's translations. :)

please kindly advise.
(ps: sorry if help had already been mentioned in previous posts, but i tried really hard to scroll through all the pages... )

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

Let's wait a little,maybe everything will be fixed soon. If nothing happens I'll write to Lezhin and ask.

yes, lets wait, and then ask Lezhin, please! because i don't know what to do when the 20 coins run out. OMG!!!

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

I think u can still use the coins via chrome browser (i haven't tried safari yet). It works for me.

i only can have access to the manhwa on browser on my desktop, since it just disappeared from the app on my mobile and iPad. my concern now is, how do i purchase more coins without the mobile app? since from the beginning, people are saying foreigners can only buy the coins via the apps, and cannot on the web (?).

but on the web, it says payment by PayPal. so... is it possible for foreigners to just purchase coins from web browser now?

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 12:57PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

hey... i am having a problem with lezhin app on iOS9 too! the title is not inside anymore, one minute it was there, and then it just disappeared. i thought of deleting the app and reinstalling, but guess what, i couldn't find the app in the itunes store either! damn it. i went back to the app on mobile and i tried to add coins (buy more coins), the app just crashes. OMG! now i cant add anymore coins. how now!!!?? i only have 20 coins left. OMG. ><"

last edited at Sep 23, 2015 12:52PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

I... just bought additional 65 coins. was happy about the purchase until this... drama. :( now I just wish to read this series in peace in english, because I don't know enough Korean :( . and this story is just getting more and more beautiful.

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

@tinytushy

I've got a question at the end of Ch.15. Nammi was seen having sex with a pink haired girl, is that Seju??

erm, but it's brown haired!
it's not even pink at all, unless you (or me??) are colour blind ><"

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 3:13PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

The 5 Stages of Manhwa Grief

Indeed, the path to recovery is long and painful. And weekly. :3

"weekly", yes. that's if they don't go away on a hiatus. >.> FF
i am hoping WDFS stays weekly until the finish line. :)

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 12:28PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

i read it! well i tried to. haha. i could only read and understand very simple korean, so... i only understood a part of the phone call at the end.

xD

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 12:14PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

otakuJin

@blueberries

very well said;
brilliantly articulated

Indeed, but it says "PART OF IT" is to respect the authors and scanlators, so, who's owns the other "part"? Was it not created by fans for fans? So 'brilliantly articulated' but missed the other important part? i.e. your fans? Please enlighten me, Ms blueberries...

i didn't think it was necessary to enlighten you since you can't even spell my name right. >.>

you have your point, and the others have theirs. there is no point in continuing this further since you are clearly trying to pick a fight. it is obvious you are simply refusing to accept and listen to other people's replies. its like talking to walls around here. so please, stop. because it is embarrassing to see you try so hard to argue your way through.

(to others on this thread: i'm sorry i sound harsh, i don't normally talk like that, but yeah, "blueberries" is my biggest pet peeve, so, apologies.)

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

I think this is where you really go off track, and a lot of the rest follows from it. The translating group isn't opposing other translations because they're being territorial. They're doing it because they respect the wishes of the author who's specifically said they don't want scanlations floating out there. The Halmoni translation via overlay works because you still need the original to use it, which benefits the author. The other translations being discussed, on Imgur, Tumblr, etc. are opposing the wishes of the author which is an important distinction.

As for Dynasty, part of the concept of this site is to respect the wishes of the original author and those of the scanlators who volunteer a lot of hard work to bring us English versions. Supporting the authors and the overlay group in this situation is a no-brainer in light of that.

very well said;
brilliantly articulated. thank you!

last edited at Jul 14, 2015 10:07AM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

Oohhh... at least lezhin now knows of such illegal spreading, hoping they'll take action of some sort.

to be very honest, I knew of this manhwa because someone sent me the imgur link. i found the English to be... not very fluent, and on it I saw this chinese watermark logo and out of curiosity, I visited their forum. it was when I googled for more information that I came across this dynasty forum, and noted the instructions to purchase the coins and such to view it legally. although it took a while, because i am on iOS and I can't read Korean, I am finally able to view it, and it was all worth it.

I think the anon who did the typesetting (?) on imgur took it from the chinese team, because the chinese team stopped spreading it openly on the forum at ch16, they said they had already received multiple warnings from lezhin. and the imgur (with english) also stopped at chapter 16, I think.

so... there, a little back story of how I found out about this manhwa, hope I didn't bore anyone xD. and also, I'm encouraging people around me to purchase this from lezhin, instead of reading it from that anon which has quite bad/off translations, because even without reading the translations done by halmoni, I can already tell that some parts were weird and didn't make sense, like the conversations didn't flow.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 10:53PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

I wonder why would anyone pay for these chapters, and then spread them around. it makes me upset, because I paid to view the manhwa legally in support of the author, and yet these people are like, circulating it like that, sigh... sometimes I feel so helpless like that. :(

on another note, initially I bought 23 coins (on iOS). after that I chose the 65 coins option (which gave additional 10 coins), to unlock all of the chapters. this manhwa's so good, it's all worth it. :)

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 6:15PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

Should be working again, apparently Lezhin is changing how it works internally (you don't really see anything different on the surface, but I do). It's really bizarre so I wonder if there are more changes on the horizon (right now it was pointless changes for them, so it might be tied to other future things).

I had to adapt the script, so make sure your addon is updated if you use one, or make sure the thing loaded by the bookmark is up to date if that's what you use (just access http://static.oddsquad.org/js/naver.reader.oss.js and refresh with F5 so you're sure your bookmark is refreshed).

ahh yes thank you! i'm using the bookmark method primarily (although i also have the greasemonkey addon for my firefox). i was about to go on a panic mode, phew~

thank you!

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 11:28AM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

so... the overtooning is suddenly not working? i could still see "Scheduled Publications Top 100" at the top of the website, but the rest are all korean, even the "Chapters" on main page are not translated into english... omg!! am i missing something? :(

help.

last edited at Jul 12, 2015 2:50PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

bluebearies and for all who have crashing issues on mobile device.

thanks for the instructions on viewing the overlay on mobile (i am on ipad). but the chrome browser crashes like 5 seconds after the English appears. is that normal? :(

Try another mobile browser instead, do not use chrome, I use mercury on ipad and has no problem with the overlay if i only have 1-2 tabs open.

Hi, thanks for the tip, i tried mercury on my iPad, but same thing, it crashes soon after the English appears. maybe i'm just not fated to read it on mobile :(

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

thanks for the instructions on viewing the overlay on mobile (i am on ipad). but the chrome browser crashes like 5 seconds after the English appears. is that normal? :(

last edited at Jul 10, 2015 12:53PM

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

hm...i currently don't have a smartphone but if that's the case then just unlock it on iOS. Hopefully it will transfer over and you can read it on the web version. if it doesn't work, there are instructions on how to use the overlay method on mobile devices here.
http://dynasty-no-kyra.tumblr.com/post/122515542927/i-bought-the-chapter-but-im-using-the-app-lezhin

oooohhh! turns out i could use the coins to unlock chapters on the web! phew~ major relief. and out of curiosity, i went to check on my phone to see whether the same chapter is unlocked, it wasn't. a message prompted asking if i want to use 3 coins to unlock it. i just closed the app. and when i returned to it moments later, the chapter is unlocked in the app! so... it just needed abit of time to be synced, yay! all is well. thank you for your reply, and thanks for the english translations! the overlay thing is just like magic :)

bluebearies
joined Jul 1, 2015

hi, i only have apple devices (iphone/ipad), so i have downloaded the iOS lezhin app on my phone. i have also purchased the coins via the app (it says $3.99 for 23 coins). on the web on desktop PC, i noticed it says "Web/Android - 0 coins" and "iOS - 23 coins". does it mean the coins in iOS cannot be used in Web? i'm wondering if i can use the coins i purchased in the iOS app, to unlock chapters on the web?

oh, it looks like 19+ material is available for view on the iOS app, just have to confirm the date of birth etc, (apparently the android app does not allow 19+?). so... if i unlocked a chapter on the phone, will the same chapter also be unlocked on the web? or do i require another 3 coins to unlock the same chapter on the web? because the overlay thing would be viewed on my desktop (like fluttering feelings is). so... i have to view it on the web.

i'm sorry if i sound confusing ><" i can't read korean and i'm already trying hard to use google translate and such. anyone using iOS to buy the coins? please kindly advise, much appreciated! :)

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 1:16PM