Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jul 16, 2015

@ seolrae, Thiaguinho-sama, kith
I won't be posting my translations publicly. Or on the overlay. The one thing that I absolutely do not want to see is my translations being used for unauthorized typesets, because I don't want to be associated with illegal WDFS postings in any way. Send me a message on tumblr off anon (halmoniswag.tumblr.com), and I'll help out those who want to continue reading the English translations.

And Thiaguinho-sama, if you haven't bought the chapters yet or you're undecided, take your time. Message me when you do, and I'll be more than happy to help.

@ Halmoni

Can you help me too? I don't have a tumblr that's why i'm sending a message here. I already bought all WDTFS chapters on lezhin...

Me three! Please please please with strawberry on top of da vanilla cakeeee with wine! /smack self (sorry too much WDTFS reference)

joined Feb 1, 2014

@ halmoni

Is it okay if I message you here instead? I don't have a tumblr that's why....

Dynasty has no PM system so messaging them here is impossible.

So i really need to message her on tumblr? I will make one then. But can she read this?

joined Jul 16, 2015

Been a longtime lurker. Signed up to say this--
We are on the internet. In this day and age music, movies, books etc. are constantly pirated. No matter how you try to prevent it, there's always some asshole stealing and uploading it elsewhere.

I've got a fucking shitton of coins on Lezhin, and I don't want to spend them on RAWs. I spent my money in good faith and it kinda feels like I've been cheated. Does anybody else feel the same way? This pisses me off... there are many of us who do the right thing by showing our support and paying for it, and after we do just that, we've got the rug pulled out from under us.

It's awesome that Halmoni will keep on translating! But sharing them with whoever messages on tumblr? How would you know who paid on Lezhin and who didn't? And how will you know they will keep them for their own personal use and not leak them?
This entire thing sucks.

joined Jul 16, 2015

Hi,

I have up to Chapter 19 of the manga, I truly enjoy it. Since it is not very expensive and is in digital form. I was looking through the last few comment on the discussion, it is true there is no more overlay? If so I have already bought the manga and I don't mind paying for it to finish reading, where else can I get the translation for it? And sorry I don't know how to use tumblr. Will be glad if someone can help with my enquiry.

Thanks

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Been a longtime lurker. Signed up to say this--
We are on the internet. In this day and age music, movies, books etc. are constantly pirated. No matter how you try to prevent it, there's always some asshole stealing and uploading it elsewhere.

So the lesson is....don't have standards? Don't stand by your principles? Keep providing free labour to the folks doing this? Help me out here.

Eusebe
joined May 26, 2015

So the lesson is....don't have standards? Don't stand by your principles? Keep providing free labour to the folks doing this? Help me out here.

Playing a little bit the devil's advocate here, but I'm a little bit surprised to read this from you (the few moderation I've seen from you was consistent and based). The lesson, but I'm sure you know it, is that it takes only one "asshole". Not only that, but what artist and what scanlator has any standards that don't apply only to themselves (like any regular person), but to their audience?? Your comment read like a non-sequitur to me.

For now, we will be sharing translations privately. If you have a tumblr account and message Halmoni, she may ask you to screenshot proof that you have bought the chapters in order to prevent the leaking of her translations.

What anti-leaking device does tumblr or halmoni herself have that Lezhin doesn't??
Plus, either halmoni release incomplete work ("only" her translation as a text file, for instance), and therefore people would pay Lezhin for a subpar experience, either she release fully typeset images, which is less legal than the overlay thing to begin with. I can't get my head around this.

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

Guys if you don't have tumblr sing up to it, message Halmoni and you'll get a chapter 19th translate. Sadly but the happy "magical button" --> overtoon days are over, I'm heartbroken, but I understand Halmoni thank you to the thieves who ruined everything for all of us.

Doonge

Plus, either halmoni release incomplete work ("only" her translation as a text file, for instance)

Yup, you got that right.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM

Sango%20by%20annie%20icon
joined Jul 3, 2015

Doonge

You don't need to get your head around this. This is just what's going to happen as for now. Translations will be released privately until otherwise. Our main problem here is that people are stealing Halmoni's translations and claiming them as their own. That is unacceptable. I've said it before, if you want to illegally screenshot and post, go ahead, but find your own translator to typeset those raws. It will be up to Lezhin to decide what to do from there.

Of course Halmoni would be upset that someone took her translations. If someone stole your personal work that you spent hours on perfecting and claimed it as their own work, wouldn't you be upset as well? Thus us resulting in private translating at the moment. And now that Lezhin may be monitoring, the staff have decided to lay low in order to avoid any relation with these illegal acts.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 2:08PM

joined Jul 16, 2015

I'm shocked when I clicked on the #WDTFS hashtag on twitter. Bunch of screenshots off from the overlay with thai description on the user's posts

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WDTFS?src=hash

:'(

joined Feb 1, 2014

Guys if you don't have tumblr sing up to it, message Halmoni and you'll get a chapter 19th translate. Sadly but the happy "magical button" --> overtoon days are over, I'm heartbroken, but I understand Halmoni thank you to the thieves who ruined everything for all of us.

Doonge

Plus, either halmoni release incomplete work ("only" her translation as a text file, for instance)

Yup, you got that right.

How are we gonna message Halmoni?

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

andeng07

How are we gonna message Halmoni?

When you'll sign up, you can message her, she even left her address..here you go:

halmoni

Send me a message on tumblr off anon (halmoniswag.tumblr.com), and I'll help out those who want to continue reading the English translations.

Find her and write her a message that is.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 12:58PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not that it takes more than 60 seconds or so to make a Tumblr account. They're free and all.

joined Jul 4, 2015

Whou! Didn't think people would go so far as to claim they did the translations, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

While I'm sad to hear there is no more overtooning (I really liked it + great manga / manhwa should always be supported be it physical or digital).
I'm going to keep buying future chapters even without translation just to appreciate all the gorgeous art in WDTFS.

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

I know it's not my business but Satsuki,don't drop WDFS, sign up to tumblr & write to halmoni get the ENG text file and continue reading WDFS, it's just sad to know that people can give up on this manhwa because of some bastards...

Sango%20by%20annie%20icon
joined Jul 3, 2015

I'm shocked when I clicked on the #WDTFS hashtag on twitter. Bunch of screenshots off from the overlay with thai description on the user's posts

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WDTFS?src=hash

:'(

I just checked and I don't believe those are Halmoni's translations. They're different.

KoutarouTatsumiya
joined Dec 3, 2014

Wait, can someone explain to me what's going on? There's no more Overtoon?

Fix_it_by_samanthadoodles
joined Jun 7, 2015

The golden age is over. Someone leaked Halmoni's translations so she will no longer be involved with spreading English translations to the general public.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 3:30PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The golden age is over. Someone leaked Halmoni's translations so she will no longer be involved with spreading English translations to the general public.

I don't read WDtFS or keep up on the up-to-the-minute updates for Fluttering Feelings (I prefer to wait for the quality typeset version), but I should clarify. Does this only affect Halmoni's work on the former, or are both projects affected?

joined Jan 31, 2015

Nezchan:

I don't read WDtFS or keep up on the up-to-the-minute updates for Fluttering Feelings (I prefer to wait for the quality typeset version), but I should clarify. Does this only affect Halmoni's work on the former, or are both projects affected?

I will just chime in for what I know and assume, but of course, we would need halmoni herself to confirm.

As far as I understand (and hope), this situation only pertains to WDTFS because of all the recent events that have happened with the WDTFS Overtooning/overlay typesets.

Also, WDTFS is in a fairly different situation than FF, given that Lezhin explicitly stated that raws of WDTFS must not be posted outside of its site and that it will take and has taken legal action against offenders.

Furthermore, at one point long ago, halmoni stated that even if typesets would no longer be made for FF, she would still post her translations to her Pastebin. She is not involved with the FF typesets at all; they are done by other people. For WDTFS on the other hand, it is in fact one team that is working together on the translation, QC and typesetting.

Of course, it is entirely possible that her position or opinion for this has changed, which is something she is entirely entitled to. (Contrary to what some people believe, she doesn't owe anything to anyone.)

Anyway, as I said before, we would need her confirmation to know for sure.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 3:48PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

This has nothing to do with FF. Comico runs on a completely different system, they're not giving out warning messages on every chapter like Lezhin.

joined Apr 20, 2015

@ Halmoni
I just made a tumblr account and messaged you......hope I did it right since I have no idea how to navigate tumblr.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Of course, it is entirely possible that her position or opinion for this has changed, which is something she is entirely entitled to. (Contrary to what some people believe, she doesn't owe anything to anyone.)

Couldn't agree more with this bit.

As to the rest, it was more a clarification on everyone else's part since I don't have a dog in this fight.

KoutarouTatsumiya
joined Dec 3, 2014

This has nothing to do with FF. Comico runs on a completely different system, they're not giving out warning messages on every chapter like Lezhin.

Ah, well, I'm a little sad to hear that, but I understand. Sorry you have to deal with everyone who feels entitled to your translations...I know you don't get paid for your work, and I appreciate it. Is there another way that I can get the chapter translations? I'm seeing something about Twitter...

joined Jan 31, 2015

For WDTFS chapter translations:

1. If you don't have a Tumblr account, sign up for one. It takes 30 seconds and has nothing to validate.
    https://www.tumblr.com/register

2. While logged in, send halmoniswag an "Ask" (message).
    http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/ask
    Do not ask anonymously.

3. Wait.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 6:05PM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Thanks for your thoughts Torija. Since they say it only takes 30 seconds to make a tumblr account, I guess I will. :-)

To reply you must either login or sign up.