Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Nov 5, 2017

I prefer Asenshi to Hidive. I dont like Hidive and the way they take liberties but that's my opinion. The way Asenshi omits honorifics and stuff can be annoying but I can hear the characters use them so it's not that bad IMO.
^ I disagree that "Im not lonely either" and "I have somebody too" can convey the same meaning. But again, that's just me. I saw the mistake in episode 3 and read comments about how people took it as Yuu talking about herself rather than about Touko, so yeah, I doubt anime onlys could infer that Yuu is "talking about Touko through herself".

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I prefer Asenshi to Hidive. I dont like Hidive and the way they take liberties but that's my opinion. The way Asenshi omits honorifics and stuff can be annoying but I can hear the characters use them so it's not that bad IMO.
^ I disagree that "Im not lonely either" and "I have somebody too" can convey the same meaning. But again, that's just me. I saw the mistake in episode 3 and read comments about how people took it as Yuu talking about herself rather than about Touko, so yeah, I doubt anime onlys could infer that Yuu is "talking about Touko through herself".

Yuu said, in jap, "watashi datte, hitori janai mo." Literally, " i am also not alone." I know alone and lonely are both adjectives but i know it's not the same meaning. though, if Yuu feeling abandoned and isolated, lonely is the best. I won't disagree with that. But was she? Or just wondering why she isn't have someone with her like her grandma, like her parents, like Rei or like the shrimps? (And I’m talking about the episode 5, as my example earlier, not the episode 6.)

Asenshi subs is good too. With the effort of arranging the subs, while Hidive is flying somewhere. Lol. Though I still into official.

last edited at Nov 10, 2018 7:18PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Gushing about the episode every week might get a bit repetitive, so let's sum up the bad parts!
I mean... They kinda stretched the investigation into Touko's sister a bit... which gave it more weight that she was hiding it... which is an inoffensive and ostensibly good addition...?

Yeah, no, this anime rocks. Can't even pretend to find flaws. (not so flawless on the subs though)

Alright... in that scene where Sayaka and Yuu had that little talk, I must admit Sayaka sounded much less friendly than I remember it being in my head while reading the manga.

I dunno how well you can read the mood, but the manga didn't portray it as a friendly chat either. Sayaka was quite antagonistic.

Sayaka is basically staking her territory to someone that she views as an encroaching rival, but she's also trying to persuade her to be helpful and cooperative, so it's a pretty complex scene. I think it was handled pretty excellently.

At this pace, I feel like the season is structured to reach it's climax with the showing of the play. They'll probably tighten up the preparations so that the plot of the play itself is more of a surprise to the viewer? We've got what, six episodes left? So sports festival, training camp, Aquarium date, culture festival prep, and then the play is spread over the last two, probably, with maybe the last half of the last episode about Yuu building towards confessing, ending on a hopeful note.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Gushing about the episode every week might get a bit repetitive, so let's sum up the bad parts!
I mean... They kinda stretched the investigation into Touko's sister a bit... which gave it more weight that she was hiding it... which is an inoffensive and ostensibly good addition...?

Yeah, no, this anime rocks. Can't even pretend to find flaws. (not so flawless on the subs though)

Alright... in that scene where Sayaka and Yuu had that little talk, I must admit Sayaka sounded much less friendly than I remember it being in my head while reading the manga.

I dunno how well you can read the mood, but the manga didn't portray it as a friendly chat either. Sayaka was quite antagonistic.

Sayaka is basically staking her territory to someone that she views as an encroaching rival, but she's also trying to persuade her to be helpful and cooperative, so it's a pretty complex scene. I think it was handled pretty excellently.

At this pace, I feel like the season is structured to reach it's climax with the showing of the play. They'll probably tighten up the preparations so that the plot of the play itself is more of a surprise to the viewer? We've got what, six episodes left? So sports festival, training camp, Aquarium date, culture festival prep, and then the play is spread over the last two, probably, with maybe the last half of the last episode about Yuu building towards confessing, ending on a hopeful note.

I really won't be surprised if they skip over the training camp. While a fun part for reads it doesn't have much impact on the over all story compared to other stuff.

I do think the character art could been better and not so separated in style from the backgrounds though it did feel like it improved some in the last episode.

last edited at Nov 10, 2018 10:02PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Just watched episode 6. I gotta say, Touko came off intensely creepy in this episode. Is that how we are supposed to interpret her in the manga as well? When reading the equivalent scenes in the manga, I didn't get the same vibe.

The entire conversation by the river and their walk back after the credits felt oddly suffocating, like 2 people deciding to go together on a trip using this ship that they kinda know is probably going to sink soon. Loved it. I do feel they should have switched the ending song at least for this episode though, to something less chirpy. Madoka style post episode 3 lol

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I really won't be surprised if they skip over the training camp. While a fun part for reads it doesn't have much impact on the over all story compared to other stuff.

-Except-, it builds the tension between Touko, Yuu, and Sayaka. It also introduces her sister's classmate, which is a major tipping point pushing her into crisis mode for the play, and also, from the producer's perspective, I mean....

It is an anime...

...And that -is- where we have the bath scene.

I do think the character art could been better and not so separated in style from the backgrounds though it did feel like it improved some in the last episode.

I think it's pretty gorgeous, honestly. I don't have much of a problem with the visuals overall.

last edited at Nov 10, 2018 10:41PM

Kachinsky
joined Oct 12, 2016

1 . There is some truth to the idea of love being restrictive. If one loves someone, that doesn't necessarily mean they love that same person after a drastic change in the future. However, the target of one's love usually isn't just a single personality point but a range. People can stay in love with others even after the other person changes. The target can move alongside the other's personality. Even when the target is narrow, that does not mean love is a desire for that target to stay the same. In fact, a desire for someone to be happy IS a desire for that personality to change. In some case, the change that is desired means the personality changes too much love ends. But usually not.

2 . (From David Hume's "the self is just a bundle of thoughts, feelings and memories, forming a continuous chain over time" premise) Love is a subject of the mind. Perception, therefore becomes reality. This means that the "illusion of a constant self" works well enough. There is then a trackable "self" that is the target of another's love. So even if the personality changes, there is often only one perceived person. Massive changes, and large jumps can ofc, break that perception but sometimes, even terrible changes won't stop people from loving another.

The play presents an idea that even when the MC becomes what is effectively an entirely different person, the people that held feelings for the past (and gone) MC still holds some of the feelings for the new MC. Not all of it and in it's entirety as it is a drastic swift change. Nevertheless, there if the events of the play are agreed to be plausible, that implies feelings either have wide enough coverage or can change target through a connection to a perceived "constant self" to cover a different personality.

3 . Keeping it simple: I would bet big money that Yuu's feelings for Touko is not for Touko to stay the same and never change, but instead she desires that Touko be happy. Furthermore, I would bet more money that Yuu isn't gonna stop loving Touko cuz Touko changes. The chance that anyone changes a whole lot and in such a way that people fall out of love.

Reminds me of Bleach: "If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow and begin devouring Humans, and from the same mouth you devoured Humans, you cried out to me 'I love you!', would I still be able to say 'I love you' the same way I do today?"

If Touko was actually to turn into a human eating snake, yeah okay there's a problem. Fortunately, that isn't at all likely to happen so Touko's got nothing to worry about.

last edited at Nov 10, 2018 11:12PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

They are building heavily towards the play, but that's what the manga did too. I'm entirely unconvinced that they will go all the way to the play, there is just not enough time and considering how faithful they were until now, I don't want to entertain the idea that they will skip entire chapters just to get there faster.

Just watched episode 6. I gotta say, Touko came off intensely creepy in this episode. Is that how we are supposed to interpret her in the manga as well? When reading the equivalent scenes in the manga, I didn't get the same vibe.

The entire conversation by the river and their walk back after the credits felt oddly suffocating, like 2 people deciding to go together on a trip using this ship that they kinda know is probably going to sink soon. Loved it. I do feel they should have switched the ending song at least for this episode though, to something less chirpy. Madoka style post episode 3 lol

Uh yeah? That was always displayed as a problematic/creepy scene, even in the manga. It showed Touko's dark side and how Yuu would sacrifice her own goal for the sake of staying with Touko. Although both of them are smiling and seem to be happy with their deal, in the end we are supposed to feel dread from the implications.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 5:31AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

They are building heavily towards the play, but that's what the manga did too. I'm entirely unconvinced that they will go all the way to the play, there is just not enough time and considering how faithful they were until now, I don't want to entertain the idea that they will skip entire chapters just to get there faster.

Eh, serialized manga function differently from a season of a TV series. Serialized manga assume that they're going to be around to finish their story. Anime is produced in chunks and functions on story arcs. If they aren't going to get tot he play, the series won't feel like a cohesive whole. I'd be legitimately shocked if they don't cover it at the end of the anime.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Will there be a season 2? I mean, the anime will have a very incomplete ending or have an alt ending otherwise. If they want to wrap things up they will need to cut stuff out.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Will there be a season 2? I mean, the anime will have a very incomplete ending or have an alt ending otherwise. If they want to wrap things up they will need to cut stuff out.

I heard season 2 would depend on sales? Probably, on DVDs/ Bluray sales. If there’s enough support from viewers, Troyca might. I would love to have season 2 atleast, so that they continue the pace, without rushing the story or being different from the manga

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 9:56AM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Troyca have done such a good job so far and Nakatani's apparently pretty involved in the production (I don't have an official source for that) so if they cut stuff out to get to the play, it should still be good. If they don't then we have a faithful, well-done adaptation, which is better than a rushed one IMO.

last edited at Nov 11, 2018 9:56AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I better use the opportunity that I got a glass of coke at my cousin's birthday. Here's a chug in honour of the makers of the YagaKimi anime. drinks
EDIT: How come that this is still the most recent post?

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 6:56AM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

^^now it's not^^

joined May 7, 2017

You want a season 2? Buy the official DVD (I don't think DVD's English version is out yet), subscribe to HDIVE, spread the word, all that stuff, if anything this series will have 13 episodes, this alone it's already something out of ordinary

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Typically they greenlight a season and then see how that does. If it gets good numbers, they might offer another season, but it isn't a sure thing. As such, the writers tend to plan the first season so that it has a satisfying ending even if they don't have another season.

The writers, working with Nakatani-sensei, have almost certainly structured the season on the assumption that this is their one shot. Incidental plot elements and side arcs are likely to have been cut down. I doubt we'll get, say, the bit where Koyomi goes to meet her favorite author. Some things will be cut, other bits might be expanded or changed. And that's good! An anime is digested differently from a manga. It shouldn't be scene for scene.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I think I have a very dumb idea. barely contains laughter
And don't worry, it is actually something related to YagaKimi (albeit tenuously). manages to stop himself from laughing
But I won't be telling the idea, unless at least one of you is intrested in it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Touko: “If I love her the way she is now, then it means I would stop feeling that way if she ever changed. Right?”

Answer: Wrong, shithead. It doesn’t mean that in the least. Sure, she might change in such a way that you would love her less, but she might also change so that you loved her the same amount or (get this) even more.

For such a smart person, Touko, you’re really kind of an idiot.

[Sorry, just watched episode 6. Touko didn’t seem scary or sinister to me (despite the setting of The Railroad Crossing and Nearby Culvert of the Apoclypse).

She just seemed like kind of an idiot.]

joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF being kind of an idiot is par for the course for teenagers. Especially when it comes to the emotional stuff. (Adults aren't that great at it either.)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

TBF being kind of an idiot is par for the course for teenagers. Especially when it comes to the emotional stuff. (Adults aren't that great at it either.)

Oh, absolutely. But most teenagers haven’t generated quite the methodical life program that Touko (believes she) has. In fact, she’s like an anti-teenager:

“Why do you always insist on me being MYSELF? Can’t you just let me be not who I really am? I hate you! I didn’t ask to be born! Love is just a shackle, and, um, can I get a ride to the mall?”

last edited at Nov 13, 2018 10:03PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sounds about right lmao

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

And don't worry, it is actually something related to YagaKimi (albeit tenuously). manages to stop himself from laughing

Sigh What is it BV?

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Also, the way Yuu called out to Touko "I won't fall in love with you" is such an obvious manipulation of Touko's feelings that I'm kind of annoyed I missed it the first time reading this. The anime's doing a great job capturing the beauty of the manga in general though. So glad we're getting a proper adaptation.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Sigh What is it BV?

Well, the next episode is episode 7, right? And season 1 is supposed to have 13 episodes, ain't it? So, if we were to watch the first half of the episode, we could boast around how we watched half the season, and then continue watching the episode to the end to actually properly have a discussion about the episode. For me, the release of the next episode might be more special than to y'all, as it could serve well as a (one day too early) birthday present of sorts. But hey, it's only a dumb idea at this point.

god i love lesbians

To reply you must either login or sign up.