Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

no real life lesbians, just anime ones

justcaught up

its too damn slow

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 3:33AM by

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I think I have a very dumb idea. barely contains laughter
And don't worry, it is actually something related to YagaKimi (albeit tenuously). manages to stop himself from laughing
But I won't be telling the idea, unless at least one of you is intrested in it.

Sigh What is it BV?

Well, the next episode is episode 7, right? And season 1 is supposed to have 13 episodes, ain't it? So, if we were to watch the first half of the episode, we could boast around how we watched half the season, and then continue watching the episode to the end to actually properly have a discussion about the episode. For me, the release of the next episode might be more special than to y'all, as it could serve well as a (one day too early) birthday present of sorts. But hey, it's only a dumb idea at this point.

No

joined Nov 5, 2017

Touko: “If I love her the way she is now, then it means I would stop feeling that way if she ever changed. Right?”

Answer: Wrong, shithead. It doesn’t mean that in the least. Sure, she might change in such a way that you would love her less, but she might also change so that you loved her the same amount or (get this) even more.

For such a smart person, Touko, you’re really kind of an idiot.

[Sorry, just watched episode 6. Touko didn’t seem scary or sinister to me (despite the setting of The Railroad Crossing and Nearby Culvert of the Apoclypse).

She just seemed like kind of an idiot.]

Touko was talking about people in general (and pointing out to herself being loved), not about Yuu. TL making it look like she was talking about Yuu makes Touko seem more manipulative IMO. sigh Hidive subs...

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 6:39AM

joined Nov 5, 2017

Also, the way Yuu called out to Touko "I won't fall in love with you" is such an obvious manipulation of Touko's feelings that I'm kind of annoyed I missed it the first time reading this.

What do you mean?

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Also, the way Yuu called out to Touko "I won't fall in love with you" is such an obvious manipulation of Touko's feelings that I'm kind of annoyed I missed it the first time reading this.

What do you mean?

In episode 6 she says 'I won't fall in love with you' - the reason why Touko fell in love with her - in hopes that will get her attention when reasoning with her doesn't. It's kind of like dangling drugs in front of an addict.

That's just me trying to interpret Yuu's actions though.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Touko: “If I love her the way she is now, then it means I would stop feeling that way if she ever changed. Right?”

Answer: Wrong, shithead. It doesn’t mean that in the least. Sure, she might change in such a way that you would love her less, but she might also change so that you loved her the same amount or (get this) even more.

[Sorry, just watched episode 6. Touko didn’t seem scary or sinister to me (despite the setting of The Railroad Crossing and Nearby Culvert of the Apoclypse).

Touko was talking about people in general (and pointing out to herself being loved), not about Yuu. TL making it look like she was talking about Yuu makes Touko seem more manipulative IMO. sigh Hidive subs...

I took it as a general point, though (probably from knowing the manga).

Touko's thought is a little awkward to put into direct speech, since she's hypothesizing someone else being in love with her, then falling out of love if Touko were to change. But since the anime has established that Yuu has already said that she won't fall in love, to state it as Touko's fear for herself not being loved might be confusing.

The manga can just do it as direct address in quotation marks, thereby demonstrating the superiority of the comics medium to animation (.75 joking).

joined Nov 5, 2017

What do you mean?

In episode 6 she says 'I won't fall in love with you' - the reason why Touko fell in love with her - in hopes that will get her attention when reasoning with her doesn't. It's kind of like dangling drugs in front of an addict.

That's just me trying to interpret Yuu's actions though.

Yeah, but in the end it worked for both of them, Yuu wanted to stay with Touko and Touko wanted to stay with Yuu, so Touko ended up happy (and Yuu was sad because she understood the implications of staying with Touko and went along with them out of her own desire)

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Typically they greenlight a season and then see how that does. If it gets good numbers, they might offer another season, but it isn't a sure thing. As such, the writers tend to plan the first season so that it has a satisfying ending even if they don't have another season.

The writers, working with Nakatani-sensei, have almost certainly structured the season on the assumption that this is their one shot. Incidental plot elements and side arcs are likely to have been cut down. I doubt we'll get, say, the bit where Koyomi goes to meet her favorite author. Some things will be cut, other bits might be expanded or changed. And that's good! An anime is digested differently from a manga. It shouldn't be scene for scene.

If we cut the plot points down to a bare minimum up to the play we got:
-Sports Festival
-Training Camp
-Summer break date
-Changing the play's script
-The play itself

If you say any of these can be cut out, you are wrong. At least if we want to keep the integrity of the source material up.
I dunno where everyone got the idea that this will be 13 episodes even though it was announced as 12, so I'll stick with the more pessimistic number for now.

We are on episode 6. Halfway done. If we had to spread those most important plot points over the remainder it would have to go something like this:
Ep.7: Sports Festival
Ep.8: Preparation for the training camp/miscallaneous stuff
Ep.9: Training Camp
Ep.10: Summer break and date
Ep.11: Yuu changing the script with Koyomi/Akari getting rejected for good (they set her character arc up so I doubt it will be ignored)
Ep.12: Somehow stuffing the entire play into one episode

This is ridiculously tight and cuts out a lot of stuff I'd like to see (Yuu vs. Sayaka confrontation, the rain chapter and Sayaka's side-quest with cafe owner and Riko-sensei), but it isn't terribly rushed. Some things like Sayaka's past or Koyomi's author date can be added in a potential second season or OVA without any connection to the timeline.

I just think that cramming it all into season 1 reduces the chances for a second season significantly. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind an open ending if the source material is there to finish it. I'd rather have a well paced and accurate first half than a crammed whole.

That's the thing with insecurities and mental afflictions... they aren't reasonable.

It's less that she was scary and more totally detached and lost all of her sympathetic appearance, something we never saw before to that point. It's more about being uncomfortable and foreboding for the future of the story.

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 8:29AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Typically they greenlight a season and then see how that does. If it gets good numbers, they might offer another season, but it isn't a sure thing. As such, the writers tend to plan the first season so that it has a satisfying ending even if they don't have another season.

The writers, working with Nakatani-sensei, have almost certainly structured the season on the assumption that this is their one shot. Incidental plot elements and side arcs are likely to have been cut down. I doubt we'll get, say, the bit where Koyomi goes to meet her favorite author. Some things will be cut, other bits might be expanded or changed. And that's good! An anime is digested differently from a manga. It shouldn't be scene for scene.

If we cut the plot points down to a bare minimum up to the play we got:
-Sports Festival
-Training Camp
-Summer break date
-Changing the play's script
-The play itself

If you say any of these can be cut out, you are wrong. At least if we want to keep the integrity of the source material up.
I dunno where everyone got the idea that this will be 13 episodes even though it was announced as 12, so I'll stick with the more pessimistic number for now.

We are on episode 6. Halfway done. If we had to spread those most important plot points over the remainder it would have to go something like this:
Ep.7: Sports Festival
Ep.8: Preparation for the training camp/miscallaneous stuff
Ep.9: Training Camp
Ep.10: Summer break and date
Ep.11: Yuu changing the script with Koyomi/Akari getting rejected for good (they set her character arc up so I doubt it will be ignored)
Ep.12: Somehow stuffing the entire play into one episode

This is ridiculously tight and cuts out a lot of stuff I'd like to see (Yuu vs. Sayaka confrontation, the rain chapter and Sayaka's side-quest with cafe owner and Riko-sensei), but it isn't terribly rushed. Some things like Sayaka's past or Koyomi's author date can be added in a potential second season or OVA without any connection to the timeline.

I just think that cramming it all into season 1 reduces the chances for a second season significantly. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind an open ending if the source material is there to finish it. I'd rather have a well paced and accurate first half than a crammed whole.

That's the thing with insecurities and mental afflictions... they aren't reasonable.

It's less that she was scary and more totally detached and lost all of her sympathetic appearance, something we never saw before to that point. It's more about being uncomfortable and foreboding for the future of the story.

I'd be surprised if anyone could've said it better than you already have.

joined Oct 22, 2018

BTW, just now I went to see something on the main page for Bloom Into You here at Dynasty Reader, and said: "Hmm... I wonder if there are some- YES, TWO NEW PICTURES!".

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's less that she was scary and more totally detached and lost all of her sympathetic appearance, something we never saw before to that point.

Right—that effect is built into the scene. We’ve just seen Touko as the flustered lover and Yuu as the one in emotional control of the dynamic (the up-in-Touko’s-grille scene in Yuu’s bedroom) not long before, and then Touko switches into her “If you interfere with my Grand (Mad) Plan, I’ll have no further use for you” mode. No wonder Yuu’s taken aback.

And absolutely, insecurities are always unreasonable, and Touko’s are particularly so.

joined Nov 5, 2017

The anime is confirmed to have 13 episodes, not 12. It's listed in the official sources and you can check there.
I am sure it will have an open end. In the most recent interview with Nakatani, she said they thought about giving it an original end, but since it may not set well with the fans of the original work, they will follow the manga as closely as they can. There's no way they can reach the play at this point, they are even animating the special chapters and the interview also mentioned animating the 4komas from the volumes. My bet is doing 4 volumes in 12 episodes (they seem to be doing 1 vol in 3 episodes) and finish with the last episode (13) featuring chapter 23 and closing with Touko and Yuu's date to the aquarium.
Plus, Nakatani asked fans on Twitter to preorder the BD and DVD so that yagakimi can get a season 2 which will give the anime a bigger chance of following the original as much as possible, so it's a fact that the first cour wont reach volume 6.

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 9:04AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The anime is confirmed to have 13 episodes, not 12. It's listed in the official sources and you can check there.
I am sure it will have an open end. In the most recent interview with Nakatani, she said they thought about giving it an original end, but since it may not set well with the fans of the original work, they will follow the manga as closely as they can. There's no way they can reach the play at this point, they are even animating the special chapters and the interview also mentioned animating the 4komas from the volumes. My bet is doing 4 volumes in 12 episodes (they seem to be doing 1 vol in 3 episodes) and finish with the last episode (13) featuring chapter 23 and closing with Touko and Yuu's date to the aquarium.
Plus, Nakatani asked fans on Twitter to preorder the BD and DVD so that yagakimi can get a season 2 which will give the anime a bigger chance of following the original as much as possible, so it's a fact that the first cour wont reach volume 6.

Before it was released I'm pretty sure the news sites said it was 12, but whatever, I ain't gonna complain about more.

That's what I've been predicting/hoping for too. The way the first 6 episodes were handled just doesn't validate a condensed approach. If that were the case I could have cut out several scenes already without much remorse. My estimation of how they could condense it is really stretching it already, so I am glad to see more solid proof that it won't come to that.

Well that Twitter thing means nothing, a season 2 can happen either way, even if they rushed to the play. There are ways to rearrange stuff to backload it into the second season.

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 9:13AM

joined Nov 5, 2017

^ If the first cour gets to the play they will be adapting till volume 6, which ends all chances of a season 2 because what could they animate? I am sure yagakimi will end at volume 8 (Nakatani said she is 80% done), or even 7. Adapting 2 volumes and a bit more in 12 episodes seems unlikely unless they add filler.
I dont see how they could rearrange stuff either. This series follows a sequence of events and is structured by volumes, adapting a chapter from volume 5 or 6 in a second season after they did the play in the first seems difficult because these 2 volumes pretty much consisted of building up the play and preparing for it. I dont mention vol 4 because I think they will do a faithful adaptation of vol 3 and 4 in the remaining episodes, as the interview suggested.

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 9:49AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Considering that our guesses right now are just that - guesses, I'm not gonna (wholeheartedly) agree or disagree with anything (including the thing that I'm about to say). Considering how the anime was done thus far, the chances of skipping some events seems highly unlikely, and, as a result, I can't really seeing getting even to the point when Yuu and Koyomi (correct me if I misremembered her name) decided to revise the script for the play. But, we can only wait and see what happens with the anime, as all of us are just rambling at this point.

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 9:45AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^ If the first cour gets to the play they will be adapting till volume 6, which ends all chances of a season 2 because what could they animate? I am sure yagakimi will end at volume 8 (Nakatani said she is 80% done), or even 7. Adapting 2 volumes and a bit more in 12 episodes seems unlikely unless they add filler.
I dont see how they could rearrange stuff either. This series follows a sequence of events and is structured by volumes, adapting a chapter from volume 5 or 6 in a second season after they did the play in the first seems difficult because these 2 volumes pretty much consisted of building up the play and preparing for it. I dont mention vol 4 because I think they will do a faithful adaptation of vol 3 and 4 in the remaining episodes, as the interview suggested.

Well first of all the resolution of the things that happen after the play, however long that may take. That could be very well 6-7 episodes worth of content. 1 episode for Sayaka's past and figuring out the relationship between Riko-sensei and her girlfriend. 1 episode for Koyomi and other bonus stuff.
Now we are already at 9 episodes and that's just a rough estimate. They could find ways to do it.

I don't think it would be great to do that, but it's still possible. Not that it seems very likely with the things we established.

touka is a sociopath
good at acting and screws with love

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If the story must be cut in half, then the end of chapter 22 (i.e. the end of volume 4) might be one of the better places.

Yeah I also think Suddenly Suffocating is the best place to end it. It has the strongest emotion of the pre-play chapters and is a great cliffhanger. It's also the first time Yuu admits she loves Touko even if she cuts herself off lol

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 1:25PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Holy. Shit. How the fuck have I forgotten that page? ... It's perfect for a season 1 ending. Now, let's see if the pacing of the anime actually allows for that scene to be the final of season 1 (likely, but not guaranteed).

EDIT: I was just reading pages 150 - 155 of this thread, because I knew I'd find something funny there.

EDIT: Also, whispers the following a certain spelling error on the main page is still causing one part of me to laugh and the other one to be frustrated.

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 4:28PM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Nakatani and Katou both agreed fans won’t like if the anime goes the different way, so maybe a little cut from the manga. In the end, it’s on the viewers hand to have this season 2.

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

The next episode will include Sayaka's "coming out"... so to speak (according to YagaKimi tweet).. I wonder if they'll include how many confessions that she's turned down since she's been at this school... I mean, she's apparently just as hot as Touko and just as smart if not smarter... It seems she doesn't really need to try. In fact, I find her perfect. Which, probably the reason the whole school ships these two even if it's for fun.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Oh, yeah, right, the next episode is tomorrow...
abruptly stops
smiles in a way reminiscent of inspector "Crazy Eyes" Draifus from "Pink Panter"
Wait a minute...
chukles
I got reminded of that dumb idea of mine from yesterday.

EDIT: To be honest, by this point, I actually HOPE timezone difference is the reason why I'm not getting replies, cuz I'd really be mad (mostly at myself, but, to a lesser extent, y'all too) if it's the case that you read my comment, roll your eyes, forget about it and then wait until the next day to start a new sub-topic.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 3:55PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The next episode will include Sayaka's "coming out"... so to speak (according to YagaKimi tweet).. I wonder if they'll include how many confessions that she's turned down since she's been at this school... I mean, she's apparently just as hot as Touko and just as smart if not smarter... It seems she doesn't really need to try. In fact, I find her perfect. Which, probably the reason the whole school ships these two even if it's for fun.

Hm? I don't remember that being addressed in the manga. I wouldn't find it out of the ordinary, but was it ever addressed that Sayaka also got lots of confessions? I somehow doubt it. If the anime were to add that, it would kind of interfere with her character arc anyway.

You seem to idolize Sayaka a bit there. Sayaka is being presented as very studious, yet she still always loses to Touko, so she is definitely not smarter. And how many characters have actually complimented her on being hot or pretty aside from Doujima who thinks any girl that looks his way is a 10? lol

EDIT: To be honest, by this point, I actually HOPE timezone difference is the reason why I'm not getting replies, cuz I'd really be mad (mostly at myself, but, to a lesser extent, y'all too) if it's the case that you read my comment, roll your eyes, forget about it and then wait until the next day to start a new sub-topic.

That's fine, go ahead and be a little mad. Getting worked up is good for your complexion.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 5:18PM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Oh, yeah, right, the next episode is tomorrow...
abruptly stops
smiles in a way reminiscent of inspector "Crazy Eyes" Draifus from "Pink Panter"
Wait a minute...
chukles
I got reminded of that dumb idea of mine from yesterday.

Even if we're in the same time zone, I honestly don't know how to respond to that Sorry.

last edited at Nov 16, 2018 5:28AM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

It looks like they're not going to make it to the play: they only did two chapters and a special this episode.

To reply you must either login or sign up.