Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Actually, it is my job to analyze comics. (Part of it, anyway.)

Ah, an occupational illness.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

There is over-analyzing something and then there is Blastaar. Not that I mind, but even people whose job it is to analyze scenes in movies would probably say calm down. lol
Waiting for your frame by frame breakdown of the toolshed kiss scene after the race at the sports festival.

One of the most anticipating scenes in anime version tbh. That kiss and and the sound of heart started to beat.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

and I'm waiting to see Rei-chan making Touko's toes curl with a photo of Yuu sleeping (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_special_her_sisters_perspective#9)
and Yuu's mimics as she's solving maths problems when she studies together with Touko in the library (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch08#16)
and of course the entirety of chapter 9 - Touko alone at Yuu's, Touko and Yuu alone, Yuu getting lonely af after Touko went home
and Sayaka at home in chapter 12
and Yuu warming up to Touko after the rain in chapter13
haha, it's really easy to continue this list

I have a tendency to read some manga I like with my younger brother, and every day he accepts, we read one chapter, and then follow it up with listening to some music of his choice. It just so happens that we read chapter 9 yesterday.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I have a tendency to read some manga I like with my younger brother, and every day he accepts, we read one chapter, and then follow it up with listening to some music of his choice. It just so happens that we read chapter 9 yesterday.

oh sweet, what music did you end up listening to for chapter 9? :)

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

There is over-analyzing something and then there is Blastaar. Not that I mind, but even people whose job it is to analyze scenes in movies would probably say calm down. lol
Waiting for your frame by frame breakdown of the toolshed kiss scene after the race at the sports festival.

Intriguing. Far be it from me to pry with an iron bar, but what is it you do then? Online reviewer? Or is it for art college?
Don't answer if you don't wanna.

One of the most anticipating scenes in anime version tbh. That kiss and and the sound of heart started to beat.

It is probably the single most exciting scene in the manga. At least where it gets your heart racing.
I felt quite anxious when Yuu went to confess too, but that was more out of dread.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 5:33AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The scenes I'm waiting for the most are the "sleeping in the living room" thing mentioned above and the one where Touko gets Yuu to address her by her first name.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 6:03AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Intriguing. Far be it from me to pry with an iron bar, but what is it you do then? Online reviewer? Or is it for art college?

I’m a fan here, and I’d like to keep it that way. But studying how comics work is (part of) what I do for a living, and has been for a very long time. Manga has been some part of that since the beginning, but others around here are far more knowledgeable about manga than I am.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I’m a fan here, and I’d like to keep it that way. But studying how comics work is (part of) what I do for a living, and has been for a very long time. Manga has been some part of that since the beginning, but others around here are far more knowledgeable about manga than I am.

Gotcha. We all need to study others to improve our own work.
Some people here might know manga better than actual mangaka~

joined Oct 22, 2018

oh sweet, what music did you end up listening to for chapter 9? :)

Just because we listen to music, doesn't mean its related with the manga or anime, and in the overwhelming majority of cases, it isn't. For example, yesteday, my brother asked for "Escape From the Temple" by MachinimaSound (which also happens to be my favorite music of all time. It is really good and epic, but if you expected us sticking with the mood from Bloom Into You, I'm sorry to dissapoint you.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Blastaar, I kinda miss your long disputes with AozKTM (guess that was their name) in the Citrus forums! It was nuts lmao I think AozKTM also works as an art critic of sorts. It's hard to keep up with y'all.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Blastaar, I kinda miss your long disputes with AozKTM (guess that was their name) in the Citrus forums! It was nuts lmao I think AozKTM also works as an art critic of sorts. It's hard to keep up with y'all.

Are you trying to lure the rest of us to read that discussion thread as well?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If you want to keep your sanity, I'd advise against it. Otherwise, go for it.

EDIT: And by the way, BV, you sound like a great onee-sama.

last edited at Oct 25, 2018 1:10PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

If you want to keep your sanity, I'd advise against it. Otherwise, go for it.

Considering the fact that I watched both "Happy Sugar Life" and Wonderwaffle's "Alternate Future of Canada Remastered - The Movie", I am actually questioning whether I'm still sane or not. Nevertheless, I think I won't go for it.

joined Oct 22, 2018

And by the way, BV, you sound like a great onee-sama.

More like onii-san, but thanks.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 7:27AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sorry—I grew up with brothers, and could not imagine that as brother behavior.

Unless it would be reading manga, listening to music, and practicing WWF body slams with the younger brother.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Unless it would be reading manga, listening to music, and practicing WWF body slams with the younger brother.

That's very much onee-sama behavior if the onee-sama is me lol Fighting improves character!

(it IS sad when your brother or cousin grows up and becomes much stronger than you though, and they have to lose on purpose sometimes :P ... but I digress...)

joined Oct 22, 2018

Sorry—I grew up with brothers, and could not imagine that as brother behavior.

My brother and I tend to be on good terms, but we can get into arguments or even fights every now and then over the most banal of things. For example, recently, because a scene from an Italian comedy film, where the main character says "Qui e ultimo e una pirla", which both of, as well as both our parents, find funny, he started combining the sentence with many other things, but one of those combos really triggers the hell out, "Säkkijärven Pirla", because I find as him ruining one of my favourite songs, and the only Finnish song that I've actually like, capled "Säkkijärven Polkka". We ended up fighting both yesterday evening and today morning over that shit.

In a lot of ways, it's kind of like the relations between Egypt and Sudan, tbh.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 11:16AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

I just remembered that someone noticed that, near the end of episode 3, a guy saw how Touko hugged Yuu from the rear and then whispered something. That someone thought that the guy in question already has started getting suspicious about it. Now, even though I did watch episode 3 last week, my brother didn't. For several days, we struggled to find episode 3 again, so we only watched it today. Guess what? The guy in question was Maki! And to realize that only on the day the following episode is released. That's what I call "inefficient timing".

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 1:09PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

"Eroi" The way Touko said that gave me shivers. Damn this adaptation is good. Episode 4 continues to impress (one weird walking shot aside). It also makes me appreciate Nakatani's well ordered structure and foreshadowing that much more.

PS: That shot when Yuu thinks Maki is going to spill the beans and how it will affect Touko was really elaborate and cool.

I just remembered that someone noticed that, near the end of episode 3, a guy saw how Touko hugged Yuu from the rear and then whispered something. That someone thought that the guy in question already has started getting suspicious about it. Now, even though I did watch episode 3 last week, my brother didn't. For several days, we struggled to find episode 3 again, so we only watched it today. Guess what? The guy in question was Maki! And to realize that only on the day the following episode is released. That's whatI call "inefficient timing".

Yeah it was pretty obviously Maki. And they even referenced that shot in Episode 4.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 1:09PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, guess I was right when I predicted that I'm gonna watch episode 4 on the computer, and not the phone. cracks nuckles Time to google that!

joined Oct 22, 2018

Damn, that sure was enjoyable to watch. Too bad I'm either not observing enough or not memorizing enough to get into the very scant few ever so slight deviations. But, I still gotta say that I'm glad they've been sticking to the manga thus far.
Now, the question is: will they get to a certain point in the manga and then wait for the manga to finish for a season 2, or if they'll skip a lot of events (some of which we don't even know now) to just show how the manga will end? The latter is something that I really frown upon, as I can say from my earlier experience with anime...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Dis is kyut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJm9BnJQsic

Why do I agree?

joined Jun 12, 2015

We will get YagaKimi Anthology! December 27! Yay!

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

We will get YagaKimi Anthology! December 27! Yay!

I was about to scream my excitement out on this forum lmao

Im so fuckin stoked for the anthology, cant wait to see a bunch of different artists' take on this beautiful masterpiece (also hoping for some wholesome lesbian comedy because this series can get depressing sometimes ;-;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.