Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm still really bothered by the TL mistakes in episode three. I mean, none of them are really episode-changing mistakes, but the overall enjoyment is definitely hurt by them.

What mistakes? :o

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Given the “same artistic basics” principle, I look forward to the discussions of how:

• Movies are inherently superior to stage theatre
  • Live action movies are inherently superior to animation
  • Photography is inherently superior to figurative drawing
  • Oil painting is inherently superior to watercolors
  • Sculpture is inherently superior to painting
  • Opera is inherently superior to concert singing

Theatre relies on different artistic foundations than film, nice try though.

Live action can't be as expressive as animation, so the reverse is true.

Photography can only represent the real world (unless filters or post-production are involved), so they are ostensibly more limited than drawings.

From an artist's perspective I'm sure that one of them is certainly more annoying. But they are part of the same medium, so pointless comparison.

Sculptures are limited. Yadda yadda, this is getting repetitive.

Opera is superior to concert singing, because it actually tells a story and is rehearsed to death until it works brilliantly every time, unlike most singers at concerts who often aren't even good live, because they only work well in studios. Whether the music is actually good is subjective of course.

I hope that nipped any discussion in the bud, buddy~

LOL

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Wow I just watched episode 3. I erase everything I said before about not thinking Bloom Into You would flow well as an anime. This was epic! Voice acting, camera, animation quality. The final scene when Touko hugs Yuu after knowing they won the election till the credits was like a burst of fuzzy romantic joy xD

joined Feb 18, 2018

Just finished watching episode 3 and it reminded me of Yuu's line at the end "At that time, I still hadn't realised that I would have to give up something in order to do that."
Did we every work out what she had to give up yet?

I believe the consensus was, “In order to stay by her side, I would have to give up [falling in love with her/being honest about my feelings for her.]”

I was kinda hoping at the time that it would be “my virginity,” but as of yet, no such luck.

It's very interesting how in Citrus, the lack of steamier scenes was a downside for me (I will never recover from the idea that 2 people could share the same bed for months and do nothing). While for this one it counts as a plus. Mostly because I don't feel it is relevant for the story. Even if they never even kissed, it would still be strangely ok by me, though I'm not sure why that is.

last edited at Oct 20, 2018 1:26PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just finished watching episode 3 and it reminded me of Yuu's line at the end "At that time, I still hadn't realised that I would have to give up something in order to do that."
Did we every work out what she had to give up yet?

I believe the consensus was, “In order to stay by her side, I would have to give up [falling in love with her/being honest about my feelings for her.]”

I was kinda hoping at the time that it would be “my virginity,” but as of yet, no such luck.

It's very interesting how in Citrus, the lack of steamier scenes was a downside for me (I will never recover from the idea that 2 people could share the same bed for months and do nothing). While for this one it counts as a plus. Mostly because I don't feel it is relevant for the story. Even if they never even kissed, it would still be strangely ok by me, though I'm not sure why that is.

Oh, it’s not that I long for steamy scenes per se—in this case it’s more of a “I want my loved ones to be happy” thing.

Happy and satisfied.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I said before that Yuu’s voice was not fitting for her from episode 1-2 but after watching episode 3, I guess the VA changed it and worked hard to fit Yuu’s character and I do think she did a good job. It’s suddenly more alive and better to hear. For Touko’s voice also, changed, now it’s perfect I think. (I heard Asuka from Hibike from the first 2 episodes) All the VA’s worked hard to fit the roles and I couldn’t say more. The anime isn’t trying to be the best out there, but to satisfy and deliver the story excellently, by that I love it more. I like how the studio directed and justify the important scenes by capturing in different camera angles and still delivered the feels well.

I'm still really bothered by the TL mistakes in episode three. I mean, none of them are really episode-changing mistakes, but the overall enjoyment is definitely hurt by them.

What mistakes? :o

The part that only bothered me, is the line “this is senpai’s special side of her”, say, it should be, “this is what ‘being special’ to her”. Yuu is special to Touko, because she doesn’t need to be special in front of her. Right? Well, if you read previous manga chapter, it said, “ for senpai this that “special feeling”.

I don’t know the other mistakes though, if there is, I’m not good in Japanese. Lol

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 7:01PM

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

I wanna talk Sayaka... I gathered by the YagaKimi tweet, the next chapter is a Sayaka chapter. I'm glad to see that Sayaka is still an important character to have a chapter dedicated to her at the pinnacle point of the story. It gives me reason to believe that Sayaka will not be a blundering plot hole. Then again, this could just be a device to extend the story to fill the next volume. But, I'll give the author more credit, for now. That being said, I can only guess that Sayaka's story is not a simple one either. It's obvious, at least to me, that she will not end up with Touko. I don't want to believe that she is a weak character, and that by her merely conceding to Yuu will satisfy or fulfill her closure. Nope! I've invested too much interest in her for her story to end so neatly. Hers may be a tragic one, but I'm ready to endure it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wanna talk Sayaka... I gathered by the YagaKimi tweet, the next chapter is a Sayaka chapter. I'm glad to see that Sayaka is still an important character to have a chapter dedicated to her at the pinnacle point of the story. It gives me reason to believe that Sayaka will not be a blundering plot hole. Then again, this could just be a device to extend the story to fill the next volume. But, I'll give the author more credit, for now. That being said, I can only guess that Sayaka's story is not a simple one either. It's obvious, at least to me, that she will not end up with Touko. I don't want to believe that she is a weak character, and that by her merely conceding to Yuu will satisfy or fulfill her closure. Nope! I've invested too much interest in her for her story to end so neatly. Hers may be a tragic one, but I'm ready to endure it.

Well, there’s Sayaka as the silent undeclared lover, and Sayaka’s public role as Touko’s friend and confidant. She’s shown in the latest chapter as noticing Yuu and Touko’s greeting (which is less than cheerful) and Touko’s jumping up to go with Yuu (and she must have also noticed Touko’s quick return alone). So it makes sense that at some point, and soon, she’d say something to Touko about her emotional state, at which point the previous Yuu-Touko relationship would almost certainly be a topic.

The previous Sayaka sections make it clear that she’s very noticing, but we have yet to see what her ongoing take on everything has been since the last time she and Yuu had their somewhat frank discussion right before the play.

I guess I’m saying that, rather than a chapter on Sayaka being filler to pad out a volume, we’ve pretty much got to have at least one substantive look at Sayaka and her feelings before the end. But it remains to be seen whether that will focus on those feelings (maybe even involving something like a confession) or mainly have her be a facilitator for Touko to examine her own feelings.

One of the basic aspects of her character is that Sayaka has never tried to get Touko to do anything she doesn’t want to do or to use Touko for her own purposes. So I just don’t see her trying to take advantage of Touko’s emotional confusion by trying to grab her on the rebound. But I can see her undertaking a confession that she knows to be doomed for the sake of her own integrity—-one of those, “I know this won’t work but I need to say it before I can move on” deals.

Or just maybe she becomes a yandere manipulator foiling any moves toward a Yuu-Touko reconciliation by underhanded schemes and poisonous lies, ending by throwing herself in front of a car at the very spot Touko’s sister was killed when her villainy is revealed.

Or maybe not that last part.

last edited at Oct 21, 2018 11:10PM

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

One of the basic aspects of her character is that Sayaka has never tried to get Touko to do anything she doesn’t want to do or to use Touko for her own purposes. So I just don’t see her trying to take advantage of Touko’s emotional confusion by trying to grab her on the rebound. But I can see her undertaking a confession that she knows to be doomed for the sake of her own integrity—-one of those, “I know this won’t work but I need to say it before I can move on” deals.

Yes, and how much has Sayaka changed? I think a lot. Well, as far as Touko is concerned. She's come out to a stranger, told Yuu that she loves Touko, and went against Touko's wishes to change the play ending. All this after realizing that Touko may actually be getting close to someone else. So, I think you hit the nail on the head regarding her confession. As a Sayaka fan, I hope she can move on without running away like she did the first time, because her next move would be an all boys school. LOL.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Or just maybe she becomes a yandere manipulator foiling any moves toward a Yuu-Touko reconciliation by underhanded schemes and poisonous lies, ending by throwing herself in front of a car at the very spot Touko’s sister was killed when her villainy is revealed.

I'm pretty sure Sayaka doesn't think Touko is THAT hot lol In my opinion as far as crushes go, her crush-o-meter is on the low side.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm pretty sure Sayaka doesn't think Touko is THAT hot lol In my opinion as far as crushes go, her crush-o-meter is on the low side.

Hey, it's a manga--you never know! lol

More seriously, Sayaka fading into the woodwork without ever revealing her feelings makes her a basically tragic figure, which doesn't fit with her character or the role she has played in the story so far.

Sayaka making a sudden move on Touko theoretically could be played without totally violating her established character, but there's been only the slightest preparation for such a thing, (her declaration of love for Touko to Yuu in Chapter 26). But I think there's only the slimmest chance of anything remotely like that happening. And the only thing that makes there be any chance at all is Nakatani's skill at making behavior plausible based on a character's established traits.

So that leaves Sayaka as an emotional sounding board for Touko, in the course of which she most likely expresses her feelings with no expectation of having them returned.

Thereby retaining her title of Most Stand-Up Bestie (Non-Criminal Division) in All of Yuri Manga.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Thereby retaining her title of Most Stand-Up Bestie (Non-Criminal Division) in All of Yuri Manga.

Matsuri, of course, having the title in the Criminal Division.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I was under the impression that Sayaka's big role will be during the school trip. She will either confess to Touko (because at some point she will break) or Touko opens up to her and asks her for advice (rather unlikely, but maybe one leads to the other).
In the end Sayaka is probably going to give the push Touko needs to face Yuu again (one way or another). Predictable? Maybe. But I have faith in Nakatani-sensei to make it interesting.

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 5:14PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was under the impression that Sayaka's big role will be during the school trip. She will either confess to Touko (because at some point she will break) or Touko opens up to her and asks her for advice (rather unlikely, but maybe one leads to the other).
In the end Sayaka is probably going to give the push Touko needs to face Yuu again (one way or another). Predictable? Maybe. But I have faith in Nakatani-sensei to make it interesting.

Of course—I keep forgetting about the school trip. We’ve all been through so much suffering since it was last mentioned.

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 5:24PM

Pixivicon
joined Aug 2, 2018

Of course—I keep forgetting about the school trip. We’ve all been through so much suffering since it was last mentioned.

Well, the anime has helped... With the waiting part at least.

last edited at Oct 22, 2018 8:31PM

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

i love my ace lesbians

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Everyone: Ace girls! Ace x ace!!!
Me: wait w0t

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Girl Friends is an even slower burn than YagaKimi for sure. And those two were much denser than our protagonists here.

I mean, it's only 5 volumes, so it's empirically not a slower burn. ;p

Pacing my friend. Girl Friends took 6 chapters to even get slightly beyond pure friendship. There was quite a bit of build-up just to reach subtext.
Density of actual developements and events is just not comparable. YagaKimi reached the first confession in more or less chapter 1 and the first kiss in chapter 2 lol

And by five volumes the primary conflicts were all resolved and they were in a happy, committed relationship and I believe had banged? It's been awhile since I read it.

You can also argue as to whether the confession and kiss in the first few chapters really represent that much development when the other character didn't get the courage to vocalize -her- feelings until Chapter 34. :p

My point is, at some stage we have to average things out and look at the overall trend. For SCIENCE.

"FOR SCIENCE." Is it weird that I read it in the "Phil Plait's attempt to sound like a superhero" voice?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Why do I have a feeling this is gonna have a troll Touko x Sayaka ending and Yuu x Forever alone ending?

Plottwist, it's gonna be Sayaka x Yuu endgame.

Please don't remind me of that fanart!

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, is this next chapter coming this month, or next month?

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm asking this, because, while the chapters seem (for the most part) to be monthly, there was a 2-month gap between chapters 34 and 35.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Why do I have a feeling this is gonna have a troll Touko x Sayaka ending and Yuu x Forever alone ending?

Well I mean, who knows if Touko is actually into women? She had Sayaka into her all this time and never did anything...and who would ever not want Sayaka? @_@

last edited at Oct 23, 2018 10:03AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well I mean, who knows if Touko is actually into women? She had Sayaka into her all this time and never did anything...and who would ever not want Sayaka? @_@

From pre-Yuu Touko’s POV, Sayaka would have been the least suitable partner imaginable. So far from being unable to return Touko’s love, Sayaka was already in love with her.

By Touko’s initial criteria, if Sayaka had confessed, Touko might have felt compelled to strangle her. :)

joined Oct 22, 2018

Ugh... why the f*** is the upper limit on the file size of the avatar so small? 61,44 kB? That's way to small! How much do I need to needlessly decrease the size of the image?!

joined Oct 22, 2018

Ah, f***ing finally!

To reply you must either login or sign up.