Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

jmv posted:

But many people, me included, would have liked to see them going on about their lives as a couple.

This is Ssamba's story. I'd be fine with Ssamba leaving up to our imagination of how Seolo-Norae going about their lives after becoming a couple. I really enjoyed this series so far. So I think I will enjoy the rest of the series.

I'm on the same page. I really like Ssamba's storytelling style.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@cipp thanks for the "gist" translation :)

Small
joined Feb 14, 2016

@cipp Is this the first time No-rae addressed her as Seol-a ya?

joined Feb 1, 2016

jmv posted:

But many people, me included, would have liked to see them going on about their lives as a couple.

This is Ssamba's story. I'd be fine with Ssamba leaving up to our imagination of how Seolo-Norae going about their lives after becoming a couple. I really enjoyed this series so far. So I think I will enjoy the rest of the series.

I'm on the same page. I really like Ssamba's storytelling style.

Same. I often think people expect too much or are too hasty of the storyline. I enjoy the pacing so far. I think it's actually the one thing that makes FF stand out from the rest of yuri manga/manhwas

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 11:27AM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

@cipp thanks for the translation. >_<

joined Feb 1, 2016

@cipp thanks for the translation! <3

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Flustered Seol-a is adorable! my friend said Norae said something to Seola that made her fluttered. I don't see why some people r so bothered with the ex. their romantic relationship is over-Norae has moved on. I am perfectly fine with them remaining friends. The ex is a decent guy.

Everyone knows she's not going back with the ex. And that, eventually, something more will happen between Seol-a and No-rae. It's a foreordened thing. Nobody believes a second it's going to be a het ending.

As it is, it will end with the end of the "some" situation, when they get somewhat together.

It is Ssamba's story and we can't always predict what's going to happen in the end. Let's just wait and enjoy the ride instead of trying to guess the ending and becoming dissapointed each week. Ssamba might even surprise us. Who knows.
It's like if you're watching a movie and trying to guess whats going to happen next all the time. It ruins the fun.

There is a big difference though!
In a movie the whole story plays out for you in a couple hours. In a weekly series such as this, or movies with sequels , you have a long time to dwell on what's happened so far, and what WILL happen. So please don't judge people for looking ahead.
I myself enjoy the story as is. Do I sometimes wish the ex would move to Antarctica ? Sure. Do I wish that I could see them interact as a couple in society. You betcha! Does this make me a bad person for thinking about their future ? No.
But, I so do enjoy the story as is. And will withhold judgement until the end.
We all see things a little different.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Layla posted:

This is getting pretty repetitive actually. ssamba now really in circles we've seen jealous seola and drunk norae lots of times it should been at least jealous norea with some guys hugging seoal or somthing !! And what the hell is the ex doing here ?!! Man idk i'm just to tired to complain all over again every week -_- -_- -_-

I think once we've already made a judgement about something, that's what we only see, and do - finding clues to reinforce our judgement
My suggestion to you (if you do want to enjoy FF) is to keep an open mind and not make any assumptions.
After all it's a form of entertainment.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Martian

Did No-rae kiss or lick Seol-A's neck?

Seems pretty open to interpretation. The sfx under the part where Seol-a goes "!!" just is "ha-ah--" which just seems like breathing out to me.

what about the moment Norae leans in? When Seola asks her if she's really tired?

I really like how Ssamba builds up the concerns in other people about the two. We kinda keep complaining about the lack of development and wanna see how the two lives as a couple, but Ssamba is actually building grounds for the drama right now. You can tell that Minjeong (or whatever she's called) isn't that supportive of the two. She rather ships Norae with her ex, which has been properly set up by Ssamba earlier. Right now nobody really believe in SxN and rather write it off to Norae being drunk, but the sh!t will hit the fan soon and drama will come. I'm a little concerned the ex only noticed Norae, not Norae AND Seola, when he entered. But that's kinda realistic on the other hand - he wasn't looking for anyone but her. And that means he hadn't considered Seola being a rival. And I think he will from the next chapter on. I wonder if it's Norae who will spoil it by saying something aloud to him thinking it's Seola, or if it's Seola's feelings towards Norae that will become obvious after they talk on the way home.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 11:35AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Couldnt they get a taxi? Or are they poor? Lol

Liked this chapter a lot for drunk No-Rae and Seol-A's reactions, but that stupid ex is just taking screentime jfc and that annoys me. I hope No-Rae Mentions Seol-A on their way back home and dude realizes she wants to be with Seol-A.

Kinda tired of seeing him around when there should be progress between No-Rae and Seol-A.

joined Feb 28, 2016

This story has just become really stale, i remember when i would actually get annoyed that Sung-pyo showed up. It's just frustrating because i know exactly how this arc will play out, their will be a misunderstanding, Seol-a will get upset, No-rae will go to find Seol-a, they will then "make up" along with either hugging or hand holding and then Sung-pyo will get written out so that he can return when ssamba runs out of ideas again.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What can I say? I like coming-out stories. Whether it's to yourself or to family/friends. It stirs a lot more relatable emotions in me than this... flutter(?) vapor(?) glimpse(?) of something, but not quite...

And I still think that Ssamba's writing style is all over the place. It lacks solidity.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Nya-chan posted:
And I still think that Ssamba's writing style is all over the place. It lacks solidity.

I'd say Ssamba is quite.. instinctive (?!) But I enjoy it nonetheless.

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

chocofudge: @cipp Is this the first time No-rae addressed her as Seol-a ya?

I'm pretty sure it's happened before (and I don't think it's too rare either?) but the -ya usually gets dropped in translation. It's the translator's choice on how to deal with suffixes.

takachi: what about the moment Norae leans in? When Seola asks her if she's really tired?

The first one says "물끄러미" which idk but the dictionary is telling me it means blank/spaced-out (as in "blank stare"). The second one is something like "oo-oong/uuung" which I don't think means anything, it's just a sound like "mmmm" or something. idk, this is the limit of my abilities lol.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 11:53AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

Flustered Seol-a is adorable! my friend said Norae said something to Seola that made her fluttered. I don't see why some people r so bothered with the ex. their romantic relationship is over-Norae has moved on. I am perfectly fine with them remaining friends. The ex is a decent guy.

Everyone knows she's not going back with the ex. And that, eventually, something more will happen between Seol-a and No-rae. It's a foreordened thing. Nobody believes a second it's going to be a het ending.

As it is, it will end with the end of the "some" situation, when they get somewhat together.

It is Ssamba's story and we can't always predict what's going to happen in the end. Let's just wait and enjoy the ride instead of trying to guess the ending and becoming dissapointed each week. Ssamba might even surprise us. Who knows.
It's like if you're watching a movie and trying to guess whats going to happen next all the time. It ruins the fun.

There is a big difference though!
In a movie the whole story plays out for you in a couple hours. In a weekly series such as this, or movies with sequels , you have a long time to dwell on what's happened so far, and what WILL happen. So please don't judge people for looking ahead.
I myself enjoy the story as is. Do I sometimes wish the ex would move to Antarctica ? Sure. Do I wish that I could see them interact as a couple in society. You betcha! Does this make me a bad person for thinking about their future ? No.
But, I so do enjoy the story as is. And will withhold judgement until the end.
We all see things a little different.

Yes yes you're right
But I just don't want people to make assumptions and end up being dissapointed and bitter every single week, you know?
Its all too pesimistic, we need more positivity

joined Apr 25, 2015

Ssamba is running in circles though... Makes you wonder why Enah was introduced at all. She played no role whatsoever despite being the only outsider who has a solid guess of what's happening. Or that ski resort for 2 nights? Pretty much wasted chapters since we are back at square 1...

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

"Kyaaa Norae oppa~"
Is this how Ssamba tell us that Norae will be on top hahaha
I dont mind....but Seola on top will be hotter tho :3
Anyway bout the story
I know this sunpyo guy will appear again
My prediction he will be the ultimate ark before SeolRae happens
Although there will be a lil bit drama later but its gonna be a solid base for their relationship in the future
For pals who want to see about how SeolRae will face how people around them will react toward their relationship
Hold your horse pals
I guess we are gonna see that happen
My prediction this sungpyo arc gonna end around 70ish chapter
We still have more than 20 chapter
SeolRae's family and even Enah I believe are not just unimportant cameo
There is more coming from them

Images
joined Mar 7, 2016

I don't think Ssamba is running out of ideas or her writing style is unorganized.. She was interviewed before, one question was, "are there any differences between the story from before it was published and now"?, Ssamba said, "The story itself doesn't have any changes. As the story was being published, it became even more developed". Y'all let's have faith in Ssamba..

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Oof, so many complaints about Sung-pyo. Here we go again. From a storytelling standpoint it's pretty obvious that things with Sung-pyo haven't been resolved yet, so I don't know why people are surprised to see him again. Even I thought that meeting at the ski resort was a pretty big coincidence, but this is a school party and No-rae and Sung-pyo go to the same school. It's not unexpected at all for him to be here. Plus there's the fact that Hye-kyung knows him too.

Again, he's someone with a lot of impact on No-rae and the way she approaches love/relationships and not just some obstacle/plot device ssamba inserts on a whim. People need to stop looking at every character in the light of "how will this person help/hinder SeolRae" as if they're all pieces in some sort of formula. You'll enjoy the story more if you pay attention to and appreciate the interactions between characters and the little things each one reveals about the MCs.

@Nya-chan, if you're looking for a coming-out story rather than a "fluttering" story, FF is exactly the wrong thing for you to be reading lol (as it's quite clearly labeled a "ssome" story, the concept which halmoni explained a while back). Just saying. Maybe you should take a break from reading, and if we hit a coming-out story arc, I'll alert you.

And I don't know what you mean by "solidity" but ssamba's storytelling style is working great for me. Again, I think this is a matter of taste/opinion...

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

"Kyaaa Norae oppa~"

Seol-A is most definitely the top~

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hey folks. Been a bit out of it latest, so very, very late to the party.

Anyway...

The thumbnail was a tease. Not pleased with that choice (now). However, I am looking forward to seeing the resolution of the situation with Sung-pyo. We haven't had explicit closure from No-rae yet, and I, for one, would like to see it.

No-rae really seems to be a bit out of control here. I wonder if we'll learn more after she wakes up, but maybe this is just how she is at parties. Still, it was kind of unexpected for me.

Other observations: No-rae's hair is longer. ...The art style is...different. Maybe Ssamba's experimenting... The images really feel (and look) secondary to the emotional context conveyed by Seol-a's thoughts and the interactions between Seol-a, No-rae and Sung-pyo. To put it plainly, the screens and characters look sloppier or rushed to me. It really feels like an "in between". (And I've read @cipp's gist too.--Thanks @cipp.) I'm not saying it's bad, but if I could see bits of the future, it would've felt more satisfying to read the previous chapter (65), this chapter and the upcoming chapter all together...

I feel frustrated, and I think that's how I should feel. Like Seol-a, all I can do is wait until No-rae's not drunk anymore.

This ending is...something. I wonder what Seol-a's thinking and feeling walking next to him (them). ...uncertainty.

P.S. Catching up on all the convos (about 10 pages), I was really pleased to "see" all the new voices in the mix. It's refreshing.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Point is, some like it not being solid but all over the place. I think Ssamba has a strong-willed personality and her logic is very "process"-oriented as opposed to "result"-oriented. What I mean by this characterizations is that she has very likely set up herself a goal for the story and perhaps also thought through the milestones which kinda have to happen to reach that goal. But she hasn't really decided on a particular path to connect those dotes. In fact, the milestones themselves may vary based on the progress of the story as long as she reaches the main goal. I think she listens to her own fantasies, fans ideas and feedback, her editor, her main characters, and the situation those are in and creates the story on the go, enjoying the "process". After a number of chapters she looks back where it took her and aligns to her main goals. This is why it feels all over the place to you. I also think you are very "result"-oriented person when it comes to logic. You kinda see one correct solution and want it to come out fast. I'm not saying that either of these logics is superior, they are just different, and each has its own merits and downsides.

Ssamba is running in circles though... Makes you wonder why Enah was introduced at all. She played no role whatsoever despite being the only outsider who has a solid guess of what's happening. Or that ski resort for 2 nights? Pretty much wasted chapters since we are back at square 1...

I'm pretty sure that Enah will play an important role later. I think she was needed as the first one to spot the chemistry between two girls. And she's the one who can discuss this topic with Seola's family through Seola's brother. Who knows maybe she'll be the only one to support Seola with her lesbian quest.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

"Kyaaa Norae oppa~"

Seol-A is most definitely the top~

I want No-Rae to top and see the blushing mess Seol-A could be haha.

joined Apr 5, 2015

Here are my (rare) cents:

I personally enjoy Ssamba's writing style. If anything, it's pretty solid and consistent. You can tell by the way she writes her story that she's a cautious one, covering most loopholes and avoiding out-of-character behaviours (she could've been fan-servy and give Seol-Rae some lip or gasp finger action). Most importantly, she avoided the trap of fanservicing that most yuuri writers fall into in the quest for more eyeballs (looking riiight at ya Saburo Uta).

I've never seen anything as a backward step with Ssamba. The move forward is very sutble, well-positioned, and holds more meaning in future chapters. To say that E-nah has no role whatsoever in the Seol-Rae progress is not true; without E-nah, Seol-a wouldn't know jealousy as fiercely as she did, or No-rae wouldn't know how pretty Seol-a is when modelling haha!

Well, doesn't mean I don't cry on Sundays at every misopportunity of something ground breaking. But then if everything is ground breaking, would we savour the little moments like a lean on the shoulder? ;) I have great faith in Ssamba and her writing. I am a happy lesby.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 12:57PM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Was just checking the FF tag on Tumblr and it looks like halmoni's translation is up! Yay!

http://pastebin.com/xWCWKW2b

HK: Huh? (small text: Did she bite you or something?)

LOL. Vampire AU anyone?

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 1:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.