Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

Vacuum Scans, a resurgence of an old group, is working on Madoka Magica Magia Record manga. Looking for redrawers. Translation and typesetting finished, just need redrawers.

If interested, please message my discord at Exorcist Joker#6871. Thank you.

Emil%20head
joined Sep 5, 2018

So according to the topic of the discussion i can probably ask you when the next chapter of "kimi ga shinu made koi wo shitai" will come out ?

I saw that the chapter 2 is out so i hope he will it translate soon.

I will be happy if somone can answer me, also if i should ask this in an other discussion please told me.

joined Jan 15, 2018

Is there somewhere on the site for requests (would this be it)? There's an artist who has a series on Lezhin (the artist name is Sirius) who has other comics on their own website. However, those other comics are more like indie comics, and they are currently only available in Korean. Alas! I cannot read or speak Korean. Might there be a group here who can read Korean and be willing to translate Sirius' comics?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

If someone would be interested, there is nice manga on pixiv :) https://www.pixiv.net/user/5235417/series/614?fbclid=IwAR01wWwGWYbmvgVVEEa0zVJOCaKtdmj6ZAAmFqGeHVRV9TM7S4MwJ-trQ1Y I don't think it was already translated in English

Maomao
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alextasha posted:

If someone would be interested, there is nice manga on pixiv :) https://www.pixiv.net/user/5235417/series/614?fbclid=IwAR01wWwGWYbmvgVVEEa0zVJOCaKtdmj6ZAAmFqGeHVRV9TM7S4MwJ-trQ1Y I don't think it was already translated in English

Em?

Muppo%20and%20northern%20ocean%20hime%20(kantai%20collection%20and%20moomin)%20drawn%20by%20sazanami%20konami%20-%20f1a1a8ae888c4eff5aac0862c561be11
joined May 25, 2017

Our team is looking for redrawers and typesetters who are free enough to work on a variety of projects.
Send me a friend request on Discord Stan Miller#3598 or email me at gameroffear@gmail.com

You can view a list of our current projects here https://mangadex.org/group/35/cyan-steam/manga/ and here https://mangadex.org/group/299/croxx-over/manga/

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hello! First, help Stan. He has so many great yuri projects underway!

I'm looking for a lead translator to take on translating all of the remaining stories in the out-of-print anthology Tsubomi (https://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=Tsubomi). The ideal candidate would be a decently competent translator and would recognize that translating fiction is an act of creative writing and representing an author's text in English as if they were a native speaker themselves. Would this author demand a direct, stiff, and awkward translation? Does the dialogue sound like something someone would say?* We prefer to translate meaning and intent rather than text.**

On the flip side, we're looking for any and all translators passionate about the project. This is a big undertaking, first approached by Phyis, and we'll mainly be copying her methods, so we're looking for anyone that may want to help out. We have a project board, workflow, and progress tracking spreadsheet (maybe eventually with charts?!) Also, if you're looking for a place to level up your skills and become a more formidable translator, that option is available with us as well.

We see ourselves as something of cultural yuri archivers, and our purpose is to see all of Tsubomi localized as part of an effort to preserve it from being lost to the halls of yuri past. Pedantry be damned.

Ideally, we'll take on Hirari and Comic Rakuen at some point as well, though for now we are acquiring and scanning in new versions of the missing/old Tsubomi raws.

*Unless the work is Touhou fanfiction. Then (unless it was Rireba) you BETTER BELIEVE it was written stiffly and awkwardly, and we'd be doing the work a disservice by introducing well-formed and distinct dialogue.

**I for one love Roland Barthes and Stanley Fish and would be very down to discuss the particulars of the death of the author, authorial intent, and what makes a postmodern, late-capital text. Come at me Blastaar.

Contact me at Altair#5203 on Discord

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 6:56PM

Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
joined Jul 14, 2016

A while ago I translated a two chapter series by Aoko: Nakayoku ne and Motto! Nakayoku ne. Someone has offered to clean the first chapter, and someone else has offered to typeset, but I need a cleaner for the second chapter. It's only 16 pages long, but looks like kind of a pain in the ass because lots of text and writing is printed directly over the images (plus there are lots of sex noises). I translated this a long time ago, and I'd be very happy to finally get it released.

If anyone is interested contact me by email at
schuyguy.tl@gmail.com
or on discord at
schuyguy#6894

joined Mar 12, 2019

Hi, I’m a translator who is fluent in Korean. Taking gigs. Email: eastergrunch@gmail.com

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 11:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.