Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hello! First, help Stan. He has so many great yuri projects underway!

I'm looking for a lead translator to take on translating all of the remaining stories in the out-of-print anthology Tsubomi (https://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=Tsubomi). The ideal candidate would be a decently competent translator and would recognize that translating fiction is an act of creative writing and representing an author's text in English as if they were a native speaker themselves. Would this author demand a direct, stiff, and awkward translation? Does the dialogue sound like something someone would say?* We prefer to translate meaning and intent rather than text.**

On the flip side, we're looking for any and all translators passionate about the project. This is a big undertaking, first approached by Phyis, and we'll mainly be copying her methods, so we're looking for anyone that may want to help out. We have a project board, workflow, and progress tracking spreadsheet (maybe eventually with charts?!) Also, if you're looking for a place to level up your skills and become a more formidable translator, that option is available with us as well.

We see ourselves as something of cultural yuri archivers, and our purpose is to see all of Tsubomi localized as part of an effort to preserve it from being lost to the halls of yuri past. Pedantry be damned.

Ideally, we'll take on Hirari and Comic Rakuen at some point as well, though for now we are acquiring and scanning in new versions of the missing/old Tsubomi raws.

*Unless the work is Touhou fanfiction. Then (unless it was Rireba) you BETTER BELIEVE it was written stiffly and awkwardly, and we'd be doing the work a disservice by introducing well-formed and distinct dialogue.

**I for one love Roland Barthes and Stanley Fish and would be very down to discuss the particulars of the death of the author, authorial intent, and what makes a postmodern, late-capital text. Come at me Blastaar.

Contact me at Altair#5203 on Discord

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 6:56PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

A while ago I translated a two chapter series by Aoko: Nakayoku ne and Motto! Nakayoku ne. Someone has offered to clean the first chapter, and someone else has offered to typeset, but I need a cleaner for the second chapter. It's only 16 pages long, but looks like kind of a pain in the ass because lots of text and writing is printed directly over the images (plus there are lots of sex noises). I translated this a long time ago, and I'd be very happy to finally get it released.

If anyone is interested contact me by email at
schuyguy.tl@gmail.com
or on discord at
schuyguy#6894

joined Mar 12, 2019

Hi, I’m a translator who is fluent in Korean. Taking gigs. Email: eastergrunch@gmail.com

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 11:34PM

Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

Hello, I'm currently looking for a translator for the Fuyu Master 3-part doujinshi series (#2 and #3, respectively. #2 needs a quick proofread from another translator, fyi, while #3 needs a full on translation). Here's the first one if you need reference for it: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuyu_master

It's literally just goofy yuri groping though, lol. If you're interested, you can contact me at discord Exorcist Joker#6871, reddit /u/Titan0fPower, or tfoscans.tumblr.com..

joined Mar 28, 2019

Anyone looking for South Korean translators? I am available to translate webtoons or Korean manhwas. Shoot me a reply right away

Rsz_screenshot_2
joined Apr 26, 2019

If anyone is looking for one y'all can contact me on discord: Okemia#0052 and we can talk more here.

joined May 18, 2019

Hi everyone! Phoenix no Fansub is recruiting a Chinese/English or Chinese/Spanish translator for a new Shonen Ai project. (o_ _)o

If you are interested please send us a message! We need your help! (oT-T)尸

phoenixnofansub@gmail.com

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hikikomori Honyaku is looking for typesetters/cleaners/editors to help out with L-size Little Sister. Offers of assistance can be directed to GumiisLife at gumiislife@gmail.com

A little more information can be found here.

last edited at Jun 28, 2019 3:33PM

Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

Hello, looking for a translator for Ch. 2 of [Do You Think Someone Like You Can Defeat The Demon King] manga. If you are interested, please contact me through discord: Exorcist Joker#6871.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

SomeTrash is looking for an editor/typesetter for Teiji ni Agareta. Free time required, experience not necessary. We can teach you everything you need to know! Interested parties can e-mail me, thank you!

joined Mar 11, 2018

If anyone is interested in translating the manga Tsuki to sekai to Etowaru please contact me at my discord: chillypie10#1263
I have already got the raws and already started cleaning. Many thanks :))

joined Apr 4, 2020

From Zero is looking for a Japanese Translator for Tamayomi!

Here's the synopsis:
In her Junior High years, the pitcher Yomi Takeda was not able to get very far in a cross-school baseball tournament. Since the catcher on her team wasn't at her level, she couldn't use her signature move, the "Magic Throw," and eventually regretted not being able to use it. After Junior High, she decided to stop playing baseball and went to Shin Koshigaya High School, a school without a baseball club.
There, she found her long lost childhood friend, Tamaki Yamazaki, who used to play catchball with her when they were kids. Tamaki also played baseball during her Junior High years as a catcher, and could even catch Yomi's "Magic Throw!"
Their promise with each other during their childhood could now be fulfilled! Walking together on the road of baseball once again...
The story of the girls who love baseball will begin!

We're currently looking for someone who is able to translate chapters weekly!

If you're interested, please send a message on our discord server, https://discord.gg/SDsN8YD or send us an email at fromzeroscans@gmail.com

joined Apr 10, 2020

Anyone looking for a japanese translator? I can translate just message me: uutan#4649

highlanddoggu
joined Apr 6, 2017

Hello, there was a group that was recently started this year, and we're looking for a QC with some experience. It doesn't need to be a year's worth, but basically I'm saying we're not accepting newbies.
kaos#9153

Logo%20truyenchu
joined Jul 16, 2020

[NicoMaki] NicoMaki Instant Ecchi - Ooshima Tomo*
[UmiEri] Aoku Mizuiro na Watashi - tMnR*

[RinMaki] Oikakete / Tsukamaete - Ushiki Yoshitaka*

https://truyenchuth.com/

last edited at Jul 31, 2020 4:07AM

Sandwich%20(2)
joined Sep 9, 2018

If anybody needs help with cleaning, hit me up! I've got some free time lately. Discord is pomelo#5197

joined Jul 24, 2020

Can anyone translate this manga to English https://nhentai.net/g/309735/
Message me on discord azazel#7007
I can pay but i need cheap price

last edited at Jul 24, 2020 7:41AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Looking for a translator to help me finish Sugar wa Otoshigoro. I am exceptionally slow, but I can do everything besides translation. Please review some of my past work here. Thank you!

last edited at Aug 3, 2020 3:23PM

Saki.-.the.player.full.1418900
joined Mar 21, 2015

WSDHANS ( https://dynasty-scans.com/scanlators/we_still_dont_have_a_name_scanlations ) is currently down two typesetters and we urgently need an experienced one.
Contacts:
Discord: anya#9356
Email: alpacatoki@gmail.com

Thank you.

9208d111-5757-408b-bec9-6d68ef7092b8_healthy-blueberry-oat-breakfast-ice-pops_webready_result
joined Aug 27, 2020

I love anime and sometimes I like to draw, but it's probably easiest for me to draw on paper, and then on a tablet.

Victory
joined Oct 15, 2020

I've been working for the past couple days trying to help bring back interest in Succubus ja nai mon. I downloaded the torrent from nyaa that had the raws of chapter 5 to 8 and created an entry for the series on loveheaven raws to make them easier to access for people interested in scanlating it. Someone has graciously decided to donate volumes 2 and 3 to me (for certain reasons I can't purchase them myself although I would if I could) So anyways I'm hoping a group can come along and resume work on it. Unfortunately I have no experience in scanlation, which is why I'm asking for help. With this we could be caught up. I won't be able to pay but I would provide the raws for all the available chapters from vol 2 and 3 for any group willing to work on it. Here's the manga on lh: https://loveheaven.net/manga-succubus-ja-nai-mon.html

last edited at Oct 15, 2020 4:04PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I've been working for the past couple days trying to help bring back interest in Succubus ja nai mon. I downloaded the torrent from nyaa that had the raws of chapter 5 to 8 and created an entry for the series on loveheaven raws to make them easier to access for people interested in scanlating it. Someone has graciously decided to donate volumes 2 and 3 to me (for certain reasons I can't purchase them myself although I would if I could) So anyways I'm hoping a group can come along and resume work on it. Unfortunately I have no experience in scanlation, which is why I'm asking for help. With this we could be caught up. I won't be able to pay but I would provide the raws for all the available chapters from vol 2 and 3 for any group willing to work on it. Here's the manga on lh: https://loveheaven.net/manga-succubus-ja-nai-mon.html

I've actually got up to ch8 translated over on /u/ (just needs typesetting), so if you've got more RAWs we'd definitely love to have them.

last edited at Nov 7, 2020 12:50PM

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Hello, I'm planning to scan and translate Nijigasaki Tapestry Comics, where I would appreciate if anyone could be a redrawer for me.
The said tapestry comic:
http://gs.dengeki.com/news/142091/
In case if you want to contact me:
My discord user id is: Bhrjr#3086
My twitter id is: @Bhrjr2001

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 6:53PM

Tripping-mokou-compressed
joined Feb 1, 2021

I would like to work with a cleaner/redrawer on a retranslation of Touhou Bougetsushou: Silent Sinner in Blue. I've attempted some CLRD work on it myself to mixed success—I need the help of someone who's better at this than I am so I can focus on translation. I have raws extracted from the Kindle version, with some minor JPEG compression and screentone moire artifacts. I could also use a typesetter, but that I'm a bit more comfortable doing myself if necessary.

If interested, contact me by email at toehoe@cock.li.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 5:52PM

kanra-chan Uploader
Super.danganronpa.2.full.1458604
White Sun Scans
joined Jul 15, 2020

I bought raws for the volume version of https://dynasty-scans.com/series/the_vampire_the_maid but lost interest in translating it. There are a total of 16 chapters (we've done the first 8 which were available on Pixiv) and I'd be very glad to give raws to whoever wants to pick it up. Also included in the volume are the first 9 chapters of https://dynasty-scans.com/series/cat_maid_and_mistress and a longer oneshot (Where You Belong).
DM me on Discord (kanra#7256) if interested!

Edit: Someone reached out to me to pick this up. Look forward to their releases soon!

last edited at Jun 4, 2021 12:18AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.