Forum › Their Story discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

StarKnight posted:

Sunjing's looking kind of mannish lately.

Sunjing has always been masculine. A tomboy.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/their_story/images : on some pics, it almost looks like she has an adam's apple.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^qiu tong looks so cool in this picture
usually she's the cute one while sun jing's the cool-looking one

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Wow, I guess China really does have a stick up their ass about gay literature (or anything gay, really):
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/2173814/outcry-chinese-erotic-writer-jailed-more-10-years-over-gay-sex

sigh China...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ooooh SJ That was cool, and the fucker ran away... hopefully he'll be caught.
But really, I'm glad he couldn't bs his way out of that situation and got beat up.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

YEAH BOIIIII MY GIRL SUN JING SMACKING PEOPLE DOWN AND KNOCKING SENSE INTO NARROW MINDED PEOPLE EYYYYYYYYY

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

GO CHINA!

homophobia was brought in by the west into the east

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

Omg sun jing really got that big protecc game down

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

Sun Jing has my full respect.What a badass!

joined Dec 28, 2017

Sun Jing, the hero Qiu Tong deserves.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Hell yeah! You should never resort to violence normally, but fuck that guy. And to hell with that other lady too. Sun Jing fighting for justice over here!

joined Oct 27, 2018

homophobia was brought in by the west into the east

That's a reductive take, yes Western puritanism absolutely made homophobia the world over worse, but homophobia is as old as homosexuality itself. No one culture invented it.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

SJ is now the coolest tomboy character ever. Sorry kase-san

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 3:07AM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Fantastic that she's not allowing the victim blaming. Props to the artist for pointing this out here.

For me this point was far more important than clobbering that dude. It's a nasty real world phenomena, where people think they are helping but in reality it just makes the victim feel they've done something wrong.

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 3:37AM

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

Damn Sun Jing that was badass

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm constantly reminded that Sun Jing is actually a giantess.

She's much taller than the teacher.

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 5:22AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm constantly reminded that Sun Jing is actually a giantess.

She's much taller than the teacher.

This being China that doesn't really say much by itself, though.

joined May 21, 2018

I am not for violence, but let's just say than if i had a girlfriend and i saw a guy doing that, this guy would have finished at the intensive care... I am a feminist guy, but when it's time to protect, I am full old style...

Fantastic that she's not allowing the victim blaming. Props to the artist for pointing this out here.

For me this point was far more important than clobbering that dude. It's a nasty real world phenomena, where people think they are helping but in reality it just makes the victim feel they've done something wrong.

Yep, this author totally deserve my respect for that. It's really rare to see this kind of social message, even more in a manhua.

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 6:47AM

joined Jul 22, 2014

Question have the author finally put out an English hardcover translation?

I am not for violence, but let's just say than if i had a girlfriend and i saw a guy doing that, this guy would have finished at the intensive care... I am a feminist guy, but when it's time to protect, I am full old style...

Yep, this author totally deserve my respect for that. It's really rare to see this kind of social message, even more in a manhua.

mr badass over here i bet u wont do dip

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Damn that line from Sun Jing hits hard. That sort of mindset is actually prevalence in Asian countries.
I mean I'm against wearing provocative clothing like almost nude sorta stuff in public because it causes unwanted attention and most guys are gonna be instinctively turned on. So it's on you to take leering if you are gonna go full out with it, but you shouldn't be physically harrassed or rape over it.

joined May 21, 2018

mr badass over here i bet u wont

Send a guy in hospital once after a fight in high school. At least, it's that I heard after, i swear. I temporaly loosed control at that time...

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 7:33AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... and most guys are gonna be instinctively turned on. So it's on you to take leering if you are gonna go full out with it, but you shouldn't be physically harrassed or rape over it.

That still sounds an uncomfortable lot like victim blame. Verbal harassment isn't fine either.

To reply you must either login or sign up.