Forum › Anime season

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ That situation sounds as much the same kinds as your username. (pun intended)

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 2:46PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Another tragic news... The fishing anime Hōkago Teibō Nisshi currently on air, will be delayed after the third episode.. There's no telling when it will return. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-04-14/diary-of-our-days-at-the-breakwater-anime-delayed-due-to-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic/.158596

And to make matters a bit worse, the manga has been translated but only up to ch10... So what's left with cute girls doing cute things? there's the baseball anime but I doubt it will continue normally, we're reaching a dark age.

And of course ,all of this is necessary for our survival so we can't just get mad... we have to let it happen.

Lilliwyt posted:

Didn't realise when i was watching but Bofuri insert song Good NIght is fully sing in English and also quite a bit gay if you consider it's about Maple and Sally.

It is lol, hope that's the intention of the author too.

Goood news! at the end of the year we'll get an Aria movie https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-04-14/new-aria-15th-anniversary-anime-is-brand-new-theatrical-film/.158593

last edited at Apr 15, 2020 12:43AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Tamayomi really love thoses body parts shot.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Tamayomi is getting good... But I don't think we'll see the end this season, I'm sad.

I'm even going to watch K-on again and the Persona 3 movies (I forgot about the persona movies!)

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Tamayomi is the only all-girl show left this season. Its looking bleak.

Atleast Bakarina is a bisexual harem.

joined Jan 6, 2017

The only show I have interest in this season is Honzuki, which sadly has no yuri content. Are Tamayomi and that Bakarina anime (I assume you're talking about Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta, since that came up when I googled it) worth watching for yuri. Like, if Bakarina has a bi harem does a girl actually have a chance at romance, or is it just fanservice? And does Tamayomi have something like yuri crush at least?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Like, if Bakarina has a bi harem does a girl actually have a chance at romance, or is it just fanservice?

If Catarina ends up with anyone (not guaranteed), it's most likely to be Maria. She's pretty much the only character where Catarina's feelings appear as though they could be romantic. And the anime OP seems to ship it?

And does Tamayomi have something like yuri crush at least?

I found the anime too boring to watch, but the manga has a ton of subtext, at least

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Catharine herself might be too much of an idiot for any form of romance, 3 girls in the show do/will have romantic interest in her, but 4 guys stand against that.

Like, if Bakarina has a bi harem does a girl actually have a chance at romance, or is it just fanservice?

If Catarina ends up with anyone (not guaranteed), it's most likely to be Maria. She's pretty much the only character where Catarina's feelings appear as though they could be romantic. And the anime OP seems to ship it?

And does Tamayomi have something like yuri crush at least?

I found the anime too boring to watch, but the manga has a ton of subtext, at least

Maria being the herione also makes the most sense for her to win. Going by game logic.

last edited at Apr 17, 2020 5:17PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Thanks. I might as well check out both of the series.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

that one shot in Bakarina's op of her holding hands with her friend from her former life watching the sunset in the beach is so good and so cruel a the same time Dx

last edited at Apr 17, 2020 7:45PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

As far as I read in the manga of Bakarina, Katarina is indeed too stupid to understand romantic love towards her in the slightest. It's kind of a pain lol

last edited at Apr 18, 2020 1:59AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

that one shot in Bakarina's op of her holding hands with her friend from her former life watching the sunset in the beach is so good and so cruel a the same time Dx

Who was that friend? did she reincarnate into one of the game characters? I don't mind spoilers.

last edited at Apr 18, 2020 3:19AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BugDevil posted:

As far as I read in the manga of Bakarina, Katarina is indeed too stupid to understand romantic love towards her in the slightest. It's kind of a pain lol

Yeah it's fine if she thinks they like her as a friend but if she outright ignores a passionate confession said straight (and some of them not straight at all :)) ) to her face then I feel like is not worth getting excited before the real ending, so after the student council arc I Dropped the manga, it was a great "ending" and I'm not interested in what comes next.

Now, "ignoring" is not the right word... She just spurs things like "hahahahaha when the harem starts fighting for her or "Welp I don't get it but :D :D :D let's go get my tomatoes" so it gets weird after a while.

last edited at Apr 18, 2020 10:23AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

Yeah it's fine if she thinks they like her as a friend but if she outright ignores a passionate confession said straight (and some of them not straight at all :)) ) to her face then I feel like is not worth getting excited before the real ending, so after the student council arc I Dropped the manga, it was a great "ending" and I'm not interested in what comes next.

Now, "ignoring" is not the right word... She just spurs things like "hahahahaha when the harem starts fighting for her or "Welp I don't get it but :D :D :D let's go get my tomatoes" so it gets weird after a while.

The author originally ended the story in the WN after chapter 22 of the manga. So you can see what the ending was supposed to entail. After it was picked up as a LN the plot was stretched out, so everything post chapter 22 is that new territory that wasn't supposed to happen. Perhaps the friendship ending was indeed what the story was going for or it was suppsoed to be a lot more conclusive and was then altered to make a continuation possible.

Whichever it may be, the author's way of elongating it isn't very appealing to me either. The characters are entertaining enough to continue reading, but until it actually truly ends I'd not get my hopes up for Bakarina to leave her personal black hole. Harems are not my thing, but the main appeal of this one is that it's a bi-harem, which is rarer than any other and that Katarina is using Otome game knowledge to survive. If both aspects are halted, it becomes less interesting.

last edited at Apr 18, 2020 10:34AM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Who was that friend? did she reincarnate into one of the game characters? I don't mind spoilers.

She is a her best friend who introduced her to otome games, and indeed she also reincarnated into the game, I don't remember the details but she is the white haired girl (bad with names sorry) who is reading a book with Bakarina in the OP

on the subject of Bakarina's story later on. I wasn't much of a fan of what will probably be the end point in the anime while reading the manga, felt it drag forever without many good/fun thing to it, so once it was done I stopped following it, and from what I remeber from other people's comments the story isn't particularly good afterwards

last edited at Apr 18, 2020 3:47PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Tamayomi's episode was a disaster, the staff give the streaming version an earlier and incomplete version and it look horrible.Here a comparaison between At-X version(top) and Funinamtion (bottom) so you cann se the damages.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's really sad... also very fitting subtitles.
I'm not sure which version is Horriblesub taking from, but they decided to pick raws with 700 or 1300mb per episode so I stopped using it, I'll wait for a fansub

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Tamayomi's episode was a disaster, the staff give the streaming version an earlier and incomplete version and it look horrible.Here a comparaison between At-X version(top) and Funinamtion (bottom) so you cann se the damages.

This is so bizarre to me like, what even happened?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I bet the person on charge had both the finished one and the one they send to another company to do the final touches but they messed up the files.
But luckily, someone cared enough to make an AT X version https://nyaa.si/view/1240747

last edited at Apr 22, 2020 11:51PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is getting an anime...

I should be happy because fit girls and there's an ojousama... From the manga I know that the protagonist is good too but there's a character that can ruin the entire experience, the one with brown hair was made to annoy people and kill the fun... I suppose that I could watch it by keeping my mouse on the mute icon whenever she speaks, yeah, she left an awful impresion in me

But I must say the promotional poster looks pretty nice, if they can improve what's has been done in the manga, is really worth the try!

last edited at Apr 23, 2020 11:01PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Almost thought it would be a Pocha Climb adaptation. Impossible of course, the industry never picks up small yuri manga. It's a miracle if the big ones get one season.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Almost thought it would be a Pocha Climb adaptation. Impossible of course, the industry never picks up small yuri manga. It's a miracle if the big ones get one season.

I mean, you generally want at least 5 volumes for even a single cour of anime. Pocha Climb (and most romance manga, really) just isn't anywhere near long enough

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh boy, i know this one. True that one of the club member is very annoying so far.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I mean, you generally want at least 5 volumes for even a single cour of anime. Pocha Climb (and most romance manga, really) just isn't anywhere near long enough

I was more thinking along the lines of an OVA or something.Ain't gonna get more than that even if there were 5 volumes. It's not a kirara manga.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I was more thinking along the lines of an OVA or something.Ain't gonna get more than that even if there were 5 volumes. It's not a kirara manga.

1) OVAs are barely a thing anymore; the few that aren't continuations of a TV series are mostly test bubbles for a TV series. 2) Citrus and WataTen got full series. Yuri Hime is perfectly willing to invest a bit when they have a hit on their hands

To reply you must either login or sign up.