Forum › Anime season

joined Dec 3, 2018

So this season there is for us Sounan desu ka, Granbelm and Machikado Mazoku, anything else?

How could you forget Symphogear?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gridman posted:

So this season there is for us Sounan desu ka, Granbelm and Machikado Mazoku, anything else?

How could you forget Symphogear?

With five seasons already, is one of those series that if you don't know by know is because you don't want to know... is like mentioning One of those JUMP shonen

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Cinderella nine ended. It was really average in a lot of way, either the story or the subtext.

Nikaidou-sancrop
joined Mar 9, 2019

The first episode of Re Stage Dream Days was worthy of a "subtext" tag.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Joshikousei no Mudazukai is a comedy but is an all girls school so I maybe I can expect the unexpected.

Anyway if you like Nichijou or Azumanga Daioh you might like that.

And there's Dumbbell-Nan-Kilo-Moteru but I'm almost sure that the main 2 girls are very straight ... Not sure what's gonna happen after with the other girls, I sure would love if that becomes Lili Marble hehehehe

One of the girls is nicknamed "Yuri", so they at least have that.

Re:stage is also high on subtext. Handholding in ep 1, it could not get any lewder if they tried.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Granbelm first impression Magica Madoka and Gundam crossover. We have highschool in a parralel magical world who prefer using mecha because why not. It's a nice first episode with no plot explanation and just action but it seem we will get plot explanation in the 2nd episode

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Symphogear

Re:Stage has some heavy subtext with just the first episode, and is surprisingly non-terrible

Might be able to read something into JoshiMuda, but it's possibly the worst thing currently airing (though it's been an excellent season so that's not saying much)

Dumbbell added a bunch of CGDCT elements to the story so now the main characters come off as vaguely bi instead of just straight. Later girls might be gayer?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Alright Sounan Desu ka was actually pretty good hahaha, decent animation too...I'll keep my guard up anyway just in case hahaha.
Good to know about dumbbell.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Nanoha movie 4 gave us with more ships, extra ketchup, cats, but Fate DIDN'T KISS NANOHA AT THE END REEEEEEEE

Re:Stage has some heavy subtext with just the first episode, and is surprisingly non-terrible

Oh...guess I'll check it out then.

Hope Miku does show up more on Symphogay, she got benched pretty hard last season.

joined Jun 12, 2015

The first 10 minutes of Evangelion 3.0+1.0 looks really bad.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Tell me if I'm paranoid... This is just the OP and ED of Joshikousei

And here's even more complicated

last edited at Jul 12, 2019 9:12PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Isn't Joshikousei the septemtrional anime on a group of 3 highschool girls speaking about random topic ?

last edited at Jul 12, 2019 9:32PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yes but actually ..... yes it is b-but The chuunibyou girl is cute!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Isn't Joshikousei the septemtrional anime on a group of 3 highschool girls speaking about random topic ?

You gotta tie those yuri goggles tighter! They must dig into your flesh and cover your whole eyeballs! Then you too can see, what a real yuri shipper sees when several girls are on screen.

Probably.

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 3:27AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You gotta tie those yuri goggles tighter! They must dig into your flesh and cover your whole eyeballs! Then you too can see, what a real yuri shipper sees when several girls are on screen.

Probably.

I know, most of those animes have some yuri undertone. Some weren't even sublte, Yuyushiki in particular.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Summer season this year is pretty boring. I wish one day they start animating manhwas and manhuas as well, because this Japanese highschool theme is getting repetitive.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Summer season this year is pretty boring. I wish one day they start animating manhwas and manhuas as well, because this Japanese highschool theme is getting repetitive.

Really? There's a ton of interesting stuff going on this season, much of which doesn't involve Japanese highschoolers. What are you looking for?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

God please no, manhwas i've read have a bad habit to put a lot of dramas and manhuas are way too long. TheHighschool theme is the more simple todo because it's the age of the public wanted.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

God please no, manhwas i've read have a bad habit to put a lot of dramas and manhuas are way too long. TheHighschool theme is the more simple todo because it's the age of the public wanted.

It's getting way too repetitive. And I'm not saying they should stop making these highschool animes, but they should add some more variety to it because not everyone who watches anime is a teenager or a kid.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well despite how bad it sounds, I am looking forward to Re:Zero's second season. Suffer-kun may be a shitty Isekai protagonist, but he is at least entertaining. And the world is actually kind of interesting. It has a lot more worldbuilding than most boring "this is just a video-game" Isekais. The dark/edgy aspects are also not overdone or go grimdark.

And most importantly Subaru is not a stupid OP harem protag. Well the latter has not happened yet anyway...

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

It's getting way too repetitive. And I'm not saying they should stop making these highschool animes, but they should add some more variety to it because not everyone who watches anime is a teenager or a kid.

most anime are cliché nowadays. the same concept, characters, plot, comedy..etc I thought Vinland Saga would be good since it got hyped but nah, it's just your typical shounen story. don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're bad, but I've seen and read enough of those kinds of stories for them not to fascinate me anymore. We're already getting the same Isekai clichè every season which is something that I can't process in my mind, I guess japanese people don't get bored of the same thing huh? the only anime that I actually found unique in the last seasons this year are: Yakusoku no Neverland, Kaguya-sama, Carole and Tuesday...just three? damn.

Edit: I just wish they'd adapt Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki, Hino-san no Baka or Bright and Cheery Amnesia, or do a remake of Classroom of the Elite(since they fucked up a really really great light novel story) or make a second season but change the biased directors and I'd be fine for a few years.

last edited at Jul 13, 2019 11:02AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

most anime are cliché nowadays. the same concept, characters, plot, comedy..etc I thought Vinland Saga would be good since it got hyped but nah, it's just your typical shounen story. don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're bad, but I've seen and read enough of those kinds of stories for them not to fascinate me anymore. We're already getting the same Isekai clichè every season which is something that I can't process in my mind, I guess japanese people don't get bored of the same thing huh? the only anime that I actually found unique in the last seasons this year are: Yakusoku no Neverland, Kaguya-sama, Carole and Tuesday...just three? damn.

Edit: I just wish they'd adapt Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki, Hino-san no Baka or Bright and Cheery Amnesia, or do a remake of Classroom of the Elite(since they fucked up a really really great light novel story) or make a second season but change the biased directors and I'd be fine for a few years.

I personally like to see Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan get animated.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

The Demon Girl Next Door/Machikado Mazoku is really cute and has high yuri potential. Obviously you're supposed to ship the main character with the magical girl. I am super hyped for the magical girl training the inept main character, and the the deadpan kuudere thing that the magical girl has is somehow totally working for me. I expect lots from this series!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The Demon Girl Next Door/Machikado Mazoku is really cute and has high yuri potential. Obviously you're supposed to ship the main character with the magical girl. I am super hyped for the magical girl training the inept main character, and the the deadpan kuudere thing that the magical girl has is somehow totally working for me. I expect lots from this series!

Seem pretty funny yes, the fact that MC have Fujiwara voice is a huge plus for me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Machikado was WAY Better than I had expected lo/ and I guess Joshikousei is going to get even better hehehe.

I'm trying to finish Symphogear s2... It can be hard when you don't like some of the songs :(

last edited at Jul 17, 2019 12:38PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.