Forum › Anime season

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Didn't recognize our Zeinen girl Aru in the magical girl voice from Machikado.

RIP KyoAni studio :(
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/cemj4w/kyoto_animation_studio_kyoani_had_a_fire_break/

as if their lives weren't stressful enough already

last edited at Jul 18, 2019 12:14AM by

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It wasn't an accident, that's just too sad...This is the worse news I've heard in the story of anime... Words can't describe it, I'm genuinely hurt deeply with this.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The Demon Girl Next Door/Machikado Mazoku is really cute and has high yuri potential. Obviously you're supposed to ship the main character with the magical girl. I am super hyped for the magical girl training the inept main character, and the the deadpan kuudere thing that the magical girl has is somehow totally working for me. I expect lots from this series!

Seem pretty funny yes, the fact that MC have Fujiwara voice is a huge plus for me.

And it turn exactly in what i hate the most. A girl who do stupid things over and over with friends who just keeping her to do stupid things and the girl never get the upper hand what so over and get just humiliated over and over. I don't know, i don't find this funny at all because it's just sad. Poor Shamiko just get bullied over and over and nobody seem to help her properly. Honestly if it's just 12 episodes of Shamiko getting bullied, i will find it bad. It's the reason i hate Joshin dropkick too.

last edited at Jul 18, 2019 8:17PM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

If it wasn't for Dragon Maid I wouldn't have cared for anime. Aside from Dragon Maid the only other anime I've seen in years was Conan.

But man, knowing that Dragon Maid season 2 will never come is quite sad.

Anyone else have a recommendation for a married life feel kind of anime with a lesbian couple? You know, like Dragon Maid.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If it wasn't for Dragon Maid I wouldn't have cared for anime. Aside from Dragon Maid the only other anime I've seen in years was Conan.

But man, knowing that Dragon Maid season 2 will never come is quite sad.

Anyone else have a recommendation for a married life feel kind of anime with a lesbian couple? You know, like Dragon Maid.

There is no reason to assume Dragon Maid S2 won't come out. It wasn't even confirmed that it was made by KyoAni in the first place, but either way, it's not like all their staff died...

If you're looking for such incredibly specific guidelines in the yuri genre you might as well give up. If you read manga without such limitations, why are you limiting your variety of anime so much? There are a couple of good yuri anime that are worth watching regardless of "married life" feel.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

There is no reason to assume Dragon Maid S2 won't come out. It wasn't even confirmed that it was made by KyoAni in the first place, but either way, it's not like all their staff died...

The fire did more than kill people; the studio was the main pipeline of their workflow and housed most of their keyframes. Anything they were working on can probably be assumed to be cancelled. ...But, yes, it's unclear if KyoAni was working on MaiDragon S2 in the first place, and I personally doubt it

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The fire did more than kill people; the studio was the main pipeline of their workflow and housed most of their keyframes. Anything they were working on can probably be assumed to be cancelled. ...But, yes, it's unclear if KyoAni was working on MaiDragon S2 in the first place, and I personally doubt it

Considering they made a statement that their movies will come out without delay, there must have been some precautions at the very least. These days you don't keep all this stuff in one place. I mean it's kind of a given you make safety copies.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Considering they made a statement that their movies will come out without delay, there must have been some precautions at the very least. These days you don't keep all this stuff in one place. I mean it's kind of a given you make safety copies.

Wait, really? I hadn't heard that, but had heard about a bunch of other KyoAni related stuff getting indefinitely delayed

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

the fact that people spreading rumors that the arsonist did what he did because of yuri baiting disgusts me. the only thing that are known about this guy is that he always complained about Kyoani stealing/plagiarizing his work. it's stated in the news that when they caught him he shouted "I was ripped off" so fuck those people who are spreading rumors about yuri fans being psychos. this annoying rumor will continue on for quite a while. even if it's true that Kyoani ripped him off, burning the whole studio and killing innocent animators isn't the way to go about it.

tbh I never liked Kyoani works, but I still respect them as one of the most popular and influential works in the anime industry, and it's a major blow to whole anime industry. it's so depressing knowing that anime creators and animators specifically work hard and they get paid so little and then they get rewarded like this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It depends on, among other things, where their servers were housed. Some stuff might have been kept on-site and others elsewhere. But also a lot of the actual animators were killed or seriously injured, so they've taken a huge hit to their talent pool. It's not just the directors, but all sorts of people involved with those projects, and now they're either gone or out of commission for months at minimum given how nasty burn injuries can be.

I can see them pushing for completion of the big ticket projects like movies with their remaining staff (people who worked off-site, at other locations, etc.), but there's gonna be a price that'll likely be paid with lower-margin TV work being delayed or cancelled.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

DIdwe have some news about YuruCamp S2 ? They announced it back in October 2018 and all we have is the date for Heya Camp in January 2020.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

DIdwe have some news about YuruCamp S2 ? They announced it back in October 2018 and all we have is the date for Heya Camp in January 2020.

Uh, the news I'm finding from 10/08 is of a film and the shorts. In which case this wait is perfectly normal

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Uh, the news I'm finding from 10/08 is of a film and the shorts. In which case this wait is perfectly normal

Yeah there is a movie and specials too but there is also a season 2 announced and i'm not crazy, this news is from May 2019 and explicitly said that we still don't have release fate for a season 2 but we had it for the short.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Today's chapter of Miru Tights is very special hahaha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_BGiO68unE

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Machikado's yuri is in progression with this episode https://i.imgur.com/7TIjrRs.png and https://i.imgur.com/1AIP0xQ.jpg

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Machikado's yuri is in progression with this episode https://i.imgur.com/7TIjrRs.png and https://i.imgur.com/1AIP0xQ.jpg

I am really starting to love that anime. It's really fresh for CGDCT somehow and the jokes genuinly land.
The subtext is really subtle right now, but I actually do see some development between Momo and Shamiko (yes I will forever use that nickname). I can't remember the line, but one really struck me as "There is no straight way to explain that".

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I love it because the best solution is for them to marry hahahaha, then they can balance their luck into something normal and live happy.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I love it because the best solution is for them to marry hahahaha, then they can balance their luck into something normal and live happy.

Momo has the housewife skills, while Shamiko has the cooking skills. Momo can work any heavy physical job, while Shamiko can become a popular children's TV mascot.

It's perfect

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BugDevil posted:

Momo has the housewife skills, while Shamiko has the cooking skills. Momo can work any heavy physical job, while Shamiko can become a popular children's TV mascot.

It's perfect

And now imagine their child... lol (I know, I shouldn't ship so hard).

YES! We didn't even need Yuri to have some yuri here and Majime is such a great character haha, that was awesome... Except of course all the parts with Tanaka, Mudazukai 04 will make you Love Majime (she's serious and cute and cool and nice) and hate Tanaka(she's an asshole so I will ignore her from now on)

Even with the Chuuni too, yup! I wish I could edit Tanaka out of this episode and retwatch the fixed version over and over.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

And now imagine their child... lol (I know, I shouldn't ship so hard).

YES! We didn't even need Yuri to have some yuri here and Majime is such a great character haha, that was awesome... Except of course all the parts with Tanaka, Mudazukai 04 will make you Love Majime (she's serious and cute and cool and nice) and hate Tanaka(she's an asshole so I will ignore her from now on)

I feel like you switched between animes somewhere in the middle there. I have not the slightest idea who Tanaka or Majime are. There wasn't a single annoying character yet.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ah! my bad, yeah I jumped to Joshikousei no Mudazukai in the second paragraph

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Understood. I can only take so much subtext per season, so I limit myself on what I watch. Though this time it was actually hard to keep up my 3 anime quota. There isn't much interesting stuff out.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I am really starting to love that anime. It's really fresh for CGDCT somehow and the jokes genuinly land.
The subtext is really subtle right now, but I actually do see some development between Momo and Shamiko (yes I will forever use that nickname). I can't remember the line, but one really struck me as "There is no straight way to explain that".

She certainly wasn't able to be "straight" with Shamiko when she was asked why she was so interested in her... One thing I think so funny is how Shamiko is strangely sharp but very ADHD. She asks questions that cut to the heart of it, but then is easily put off.

Also fun to see Momo get embarrassed about her Magical Girl past and her cooking. The Physical Girl is showing her cute side a lot more.

I think Shamiko is going to end up more like a magical girl than any sort of demon by the end of it. She calls on the power of friendship to release her magic - seriously, what's more cliche "magical girl" than that?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think Shamiko is going to end up more like a magical girl than any sort of demon by the end of it. She calls on the power of friendship to release her magic - seriously, what's more cliche "magical girl" than that?

She seems to be more magical girl like than the actual MGs in this universe. Because according to Momo they are all violent and don't ask questions.

I have a feeling her father might have been from the light clan/magical girl side of things, so she has both powers inside her. Just...well.. useless, because she is so weak.

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 6:37AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.