Forum › Anime season

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

uzamaid got good animation.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I thought the first episode of Uzamaid was nice but the rest were... "ok" not sure if I will pick it up again after chapter 6... It's the same with vampire in the neighborhood... is just tooooooooooooooo slow and uneventful for me, considering that we're talking about vampires, I feel like the girls in Yuyushiki were more entertaining even though they had no powers.... I guess is too moe for me.
I want to continue Akanesatsu even though I don't understand why the girls keep getting involved in these crazy worlds that put their life in risk multiple times.

THANKFULLY ! we have ZOmbieland saga that keeps getting better and better! a good aoty candidate (depending on the ending........Wait who am I kidding, nothing can beat A place further than The Universe).

I'm also enjoying RWBY! GO WHITE ROSE!!! GO RUBY!!

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Have to say, Anima Yell is actually pretty good, and somehow manages to get gayer every episode, against all odds. It's very simple but does what it does very well. I haven't been watching much but this really has me hooked.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

gridman yuri is happening?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, next season:

BanG Dream! 2nd Season: Another try for the yuri fandom's favourite mobage. I have no idea how yuri this'll be, or if you'll be able to skip the first season

Circlet Princess: All-female cast. Probably garbage, though

Colorful Pastrale ~from Bermuda △~: See above comments

Egao no Daika: Maybe? It sounds like a real-robot war story, but the marketing's been playing up the female co-leads

Endro: It's basically a Kirara series that skipped being a manga. I'll be very surprised if there's no yuri

Kemono Friends 2: Purely on a yuri level, that this is including Caracal is a good sign, since she was something like Serval's love interest in the earlier media (...I think it's a different Serval from the one that knows Kaban). Of course, this show has a bunch of other issues, like the change in director or the plot looking oddly familiar

Kemurikusa: Every character to appear so far is female, so maybe?

Kouya No Kotobuki Hikoutai: The Girls und Panzer guy gives us girls flying planes. Probably an enjoyable show, decent odds of having a yuri pair somewhere

Mahou Shoujo Tokushuusen Asuka: Way more dark and violent than most things here, but it does have pretty strong lesbian overtones (Should be watched for the darkness and violence, though)

Pastel Memories: Looks like one of those booby shows, and they tend to have yuri for titillation purposes

Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!: This is happening

Ame-iro Cocoa: Side G: It's a spinoff of a series normally marketed to fujoshi that's replacing it's cast with girls, so... (Probably still has 2-minute episodes, though)

Manaria Friends: It lives! Apparently the original story is high on subtext

Other stuff probably worth looking forward to includes revisions, Dororo, The Promised Neverland, and Boogiepop. Also, there's sequels to Kakegurui and Mob Psycho 100

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Namori is involved with Endro(more than just rhe char designs, I think?), and the PV was very yuri.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Endro / Mahou Asuka / Pastel Memories / Manaria / Tenshi and Bangdream for me! and w/o subtext then I guess mob psycho and ... Oh, I was gonna say tate no yusha but it's harem so nah.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Namori is involved with Endro(more than just rhe char designs, I think?), and the PV was very yuri.

Namori has only been announced as working on the character designs, as far as I can tell. I'm not sure anyone would hire her to work on a project that wasn't at least a bit yuri, though

joined Jan 1, 2014

Oh right, almost forgot Kakegurui might adapt the yuri tower arc, just hoping they wont skip it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wow Release the spy and SAO had no chill last week... Leaving the obsession of the author of SAO with rape aside. Thinking about release the spyce, is really sad but fitting for a show about ninjas and spies, of course there was going to be a mayor betrayal but damn... And yeah, the character most likely to be "the spy" was the one I thought at the beginning (because it has the most emotional impact)... Still, the revelation was really bloody.

I have my doubts, everything seems awful but some clever writing can make this moments shine, after all, there were some crucial moments where our girls could've taken action, for example, the very first moment they realized it was a trap, that means that one of the 7 girls was the spy, so that was time to take appropriate counter measurements even in the heat of the moment... And besides, there's the wild loli running around somewhere doing who knows what.

Like ANN said, this anime took too long to reach this part, what the heck was that mission about vikings and flowers and why they needed 2 episodes for that? maybe they'll recruit the viking girl too, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of people might've dropped this early seeing as it wasn't that impressive... Until now.

last edited at Dec 10, 2018 3:36PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Okay, you guys should watch Akanesasu Shoujo. It's a lot more fun than the first couple episodes would lead you to believe. Also, canon yuri. Definitely didn't expect that, but I'm not going to complain. Technically the world isn't saved yet, but I'd be very surprised if it got a tragic ending.

And yeah Release the Spyce went full drama this week. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

canon yuri

I dropped that show, but just because of what you said now I'll pick it up. but can you tell me between who and who?

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ Did you reach the part where the alternate Yu, who's openly horny for every version of Asuka, is introduced? Well, it turns out that the "main" Yu also has feelings for Main Character Asuka. She admits it at a crucial moment and they have a heartfelt talk before kissing (only seen from a distance, but it was clearly not a hug).
It's a ridiculous show and the silliness is not for everyone, but I've come to enjoy how it embraces just how ridiculous it is.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Double Decker of course yuri is dead, yuri always dies in these shows

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Watched Akanesasu Shoujo up to ep.10. It's not my kind of thing but it has an interesting approach to implied feelings. The "wrong Asuka" scene in episode 8 was really cute. The bit I've liked the most was Chloe's introspections in episode 6 with the Children of Paradise reference but I don't think she gets a yuri ending.

joined Jan 1, 2014
F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe is just the direction of the trailer but let's put the yuri tags on this "FRIENDS" please hahahha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbVaFnx-uAw

Okay don't forget she's a dragon so (((((((((((((((((((((((((((NOT LIZARD)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cXt24wFqt0

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I never watched the Citrus anime since I was holding off the manga till it finished - can anyone tell me if the anime goes up to the end of the manga? I'd guess not since it was out before it ended - but the author coulda told them how it would end.

Or does it just end in the in the middle of the manga on nothing specific? Is it worth watching?

last edited at Dec 19, 2018 11:31AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I saw the pre screen (early release of the first episode) of Manaria Friends and wow... IT IS AMAZING! the first chapter was 10minutes and it's gonna be 10 episodes.

As for Citrus, I saw part of the manga, and I'm sure where the anime cut off (school trip probably) and yeah no way to cover all the stuff from the manga with 12 episodes.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Shame - I assume it wasn't popular enough to get a season 2 for the rest?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

I saw the pre screen (early release of the first episode) of Manaria Friends and wow... IT IS AMAZING! the first chapter was 10minutes and it's gonna be 10 episodes.

Does it have yuri potential or it stays in close friends terytory?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nevri posted:

Serenata posted:

Does it have yuri potential or it stays in close friends terytory?

It has an incredible high potential, you should check the 2 trailers I left in my previous comment up here

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yep, that was quite good. Especially for a short. Don't usually give those much effort

I assume [Citrus] wasn't popular enough to get a season 2 for the rest?

Well, it wasn't planned to have a sequel, at least. It might get a sequel, but I wouldn't count on it

Does [Manaria Friends] have yuri potential or it stays in close friends terytory?

My understanding is that the source material never outright states that lesbian relationships are involved, but I can confidently state that the anime is portraying it's central relationship as romantic

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Looks like Kakegurui is doing the yuri arc after all

I haven't read the manga so please spoil me, the secretary and the student council president are they lovers, or is it just a one-sided love for the secretary?

To reply you must either login or sign up.