Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

rederoin posted:

For Egao no Daika, the male lead character dies in ep 2, so path to yuri is now open

Lol I'm not a het hater but good to know! haha thanks, guess I'll give it a try and see what else is there to enjoy

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

For Egao no Daika, the male lead character dies in ep 2, so path to yuri is now open

And as of the most recent episode, our other lead appears to have a girl interested in her

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

I’m considering watching nanoha series. So I should just go chronologically by release date right?

Also apologize for being a trash fan but where can I watch the first nanoha ilegally? I checked gogo and the listing for first nanoha is actually the a’s series (which I recognized from the op song, thanks to bang dream)

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 11:33AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I’m considering watching nanoha series. So I should just go chronologically by release date right?

I guess? I'm told the movie version of the first series is better than the original TV anime, though. And I'm really not sure anything after A's is worth watching

Be warned, though, if you're doing this for the yuri there's not all that much. The yuri fandom latched on to it because it had unusual amounts of subtext for the time it came out, but it has since been far surpassed

Also apologize for being a trash fan but where can I watch the first nanoha ilegally?

There's always Kissanime

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

@hylarn lol no worries I want to watch because it looks like a fun series with deep lore. Alright I will go with 1st movies -> a’s. Thanks mate.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

To be fair, Nanoha and Fate do have a daugther(of sorts).

joined Feb 15, 2013

Just started watching Gridman recently, and what is with the super gay ED? God, Its gayness actually top Bloom Into You's one.

Is this anime just about a couple of lesbians who confess and overcome differences through Kaiju fighting? Oh well, the nod nod , wink wink of them being gay is all over the places so far. Let's see whether I just wear my goggles too tight.

last edited at Jan 24, 2019 7:20AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Just started watching Gridman recently, and what is with the super gay ED? God, Its gayness actually top Bloom Into You's one.

Is this anime just about a couple of lesbians who confess and overcome differences through Kaiju fighting? Oh well, the nod nod , wink wink of them being gay is all over the places so far. Let's see whether I just wear my goggles too tight.

There's a lot of subtext near the end, but nothing is ever confirmed

joined Jan 1, 2014

It was a lot less obvious than Twilight girl, but I think they still put it on pretty thick in Gridman. Not the first time Trigger has implied yuri(Kill la kill).

joined Jan 21, 2019

watch this video when you finish the show. it explains their relationship based on a good argument.
https://youtu.be/BRF11jznOVE

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

When you need to watch video essay to understand whatever characters are gay or not, that is not a good sign.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Also apologize for being a trash fan but where can I watch the first nanoha ilegally? I checked gogo and the listing for first nanoha is actually the a’s series (which I recognized from the op song, thanks to bang dream)

The first series is WAY better than the movie- tho the movie isnt bad, it is ofcourse very cut down. I even proffer the fight scenes in the series.

Also- strikers is probably the best series imo- it is fantastic- just some people cant handle their characters growing up lol.

But I agree the spin off stuff with vivio isn't worth watching imo. Just watch the first 3 series- then later watch the 2 movies if you want.

And while there isnt any outright yuri, it isnt just all in the fans heads lol- there is a lot of subtext and closeness between them it is hard to not see them in a romantic light as a yuri fan.

https://nyaa.si/?q=&f=0&c=1_2

Nyaa is a good place to look for anime subs.

last edited at Jan 24, 2019 8:59PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Also- strikers is probably the best series imo- it is fantastic- just some people cant handle their characters growing up lol.

Stikers is so boring. You have so many characters but so few of them actually have arcs. And the plot is simpler than either of the first two series but takes twice as long. Animation is crap. The whole thing felt like they decided they wanted to try doing a 2-cour series but had no idea how to go about it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Strikers needs to be watched in DVD rip because the TV version is awful, the dvdrip is not so different from the s2 in terms of animation, sure there are too many characters around (and most of them look the same) but that's always the case with Nanoha.
You can also wait and just watch the movies instead!! there are 3 available right now in bluray and the last one should be coming soon too.

And then there's Vivid Strike! with one of the most brutal scenes in school I've seen haha

last edited at Jan 25, 2019 12:30AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I recommend to watch the movies first since they are shorter and are more NanoFate focused. Then either Strikers, 3rd movie, the OG anime+A's, or read doujinshi - in any order. Everything else is after Strikers(including the canon Vivid life).

You can just watch them by release date, of course. That's how everyone did it before the movies came out.
You'll miss out a bit of plot involving side characters, but you also get new "cool stuff" with the movies. Or you could just watch them back to back.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Reminder that manaria friends is the best

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

GAY nsfw warning btw

note: when they use the word "friends" in english is not tomodachi. Friend is their partner...basically their soulmate or something like that, it's like the closest person in their life.
Wait... this note is unnecessary! I already stated Mirai and Karen act like a couple!!

joined Jan 21, 2015

So Manaria Friends is about a young couple who recently started dating, right? Either that, or they're attracted to each other but clueless as to what they should do about it. A friendship reading makes no sense so far.

I've been enjoying The Magnificent Kotobuki by the director of Girls & Panzer and Shirobako. The 2D/CGI hybrid animation takes a while to get used to but it's worth the effort, the aerial battles are tense and really well done and the Western-like setting is intriguing. And two of the girls have a nice vibe... honestly I'm not expecting any yuri (or het) from this one but the subtext I've been seeing in my head is a pleasant bonus.

joined Jan 21, 2019

So Manaria Friends is about a young couple who recently started dating, right? Either that, or they're attracted to each other but clueless as to what they should do about it. A friendship reading makes no sense so far.

oh they are totally gay for each other, and no one can say otherwise. the thing is, the creators might not make them canon. even tho they can't fool us with the "friends" bullshit. because they themselves, add those subtext scenes on purpose and they know that both of them are gay for each other. however, if they don't make them kiss or confess to each other at the end and brush it off with the friends bullshit, then this anime would be a massive waste of time and money. and would make me question why do they even bother in the first place with such a plotless show if they don't intend to go all the way? if they are really just good friends, and this show is just about them boosting their friendship, then what a stupid and boring story it is. I really do hope they prove me wrong on this.

last edited at Feb 7, 2019 4:28AM

joined Jan 1, 2014

Im loving how much orginal content wataten added to the anime. They should just get married already, legalize yuri loli marriage.

joined Jan 21, 2015

however, if they don't make them kiss or confess to each other at the end and brush it off with the friends bullshit, then this anime would be a massive waste of time and money.

I'm not expecting it to confirm anything, which is what's hard with this kind of show--managing expectations. If there's so much romantic subtext and we're obviously meant to see it as such, why is it so hard to actually spell it out? I'm personally fine as long as they don't outright deny it in-universe, but yeah, it can be frustrating.

Im loving how much orginal content wataten added to the anime. They should just get married already, legalize yuri loli marriage.

I'd say Wataten is good even for people who aren't fans of onee-loli. The interactions between the kids are cute and there's some well-written comedy. Hopefully it does decently in terms of sales.

I ended up watching SSSS.Gridman after reading the discussions here. It's a solid show, and I didn't think we'd get that amount of subtext. Yuuta's feelings for Rikka were set up like they would play an important role (since he's, you know, the main character), but that never went anywhere. A pleasant surprise.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

TB posted:

however, if they don't make them kiss or confess to each other at the end and brush it off with the friends bullshit, then this anime would be a massive waste of time and money.

I'm not expecting it to confirm anything, which is what's hard with this kind of show--managing expectations. If there's so much romantic subtext and we're obviously meant to see it as such, why is it so hard to actually spell it out? I'm personally fine as long as they don't outright deny it in-universe, but yeah, it can be frustrating.

Because yuri doesn't sell. As long as it isn't confirmed, otakus can imagine them as their waifus and ignore (or not realize) all the subtext you throw at them. Not confirming yuri relationships is a calculated move by studios to make sure to not alienate the biggest part of their audience, male otakus who actually spend all their money on their stuff.

last edited at Feb 9, 2019 5:59PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

As of episode 5 Endro has outed itself as an outright yuri with at least two confirmed ongoing yuri crushes. It's not a romance centric series but all of the romance elements we have seen so far are yuri. (ノ^∇^)

joined Jan 1, 2014

Bermuda, the gay mermaid show finally had its showing of its first in-universe movie, a yuri Musical is a fitting choice.
Not sure how singing in the rain works underwater, but you know, Spongbob logic.

As of episode 5 Endro has outed itself as an outright yuri with at least two confirmed ongoing yuri crushes. It's not a romance centric series but all of the romance elements we have seen so far are yuri. (ノ^∇^)

And the kingdom will legalize gay marriage, truly a yuri utopia.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Because yuri doesn't sell. As long as it isn't confirmed, otakus can imagine them as their waifus and ignore (or not realize) all the subtext you throw at them. Not confirming yuri relationships is a calculated move by studios to make sure to not alienate the biggest part of their audience, male otakus who actually spend all their money on their stuff.

Manaria is selling like hotcakes because the blurays have codes for gran blue, so they can confirm everything they want in this show, the otakus are forced to buy the blurays regardless if they want those codes.

And yeah, everyone else reading this go watch Endro and Bermuda Triangle.

To reply you must either login or sign up.