Forum › Stretch discussion

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

So far, we have these speculations:
1. Keiko had an abortion (see previous chapters)
2. Ran's father died as to why she's wearing funeral dress (went home during the Golden Week)
3. Keiko was either telling the truth regarding her love/sex life or just living up to other people's image of her

What else did I miss?
I wanna know what other speculations you can think of, it's more fun to anticipate things. As in the sexual response cycle, anticipation is like the arousal stage. lol.

well the whole abortion thing more possible now if the boyfriend thing is true.
probably get preg at young age and had to get abortion, if the boyfriend is the bad kind it would be more truer(it could be the reason she avoid getting boyfriend now).
Ironic.

Sorry for the double post, but another very wild speculation...

Keiko dated an older woman before. But then later, that woman either (or both) a) was pressured by the family to marry a guy to bear kids, OR b) left Keiko, and later on was seen pregnant.

Either way, that leave Keiko blame herself on how she could not make her ex-girlfriend pregnant/ being sensitive whenever she see her stomach, and hence shut her heart on love altogether. Until she meet Ran and our story begins

awesome parents guiding their to daughter walk the right path and guaranted her a happy life fill with love.

last edited at Mar 6, 2014 11:24AM

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

GRRRR AHHHHHHHHHHH! WHERE.IS.MY.Y.U.R.I !!!

Music-note
joined Feb 28, 2014

Where is my yuri

It's pretty far off. If coming at all, as of chapter 18 there's nothing much.

last edited at Mar 6, 2014 11:43AM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Holy shit chapter #14...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

sorry i missed the abortion part where was it? -.-

So far it's 100% based on sempai looking at her stomach one morning, at least from what I can see here in the comments. Because that's the main reason a woman would look at her stomach, right?

I'd prefer if the story didn't go there, but even if it does I'll keep on reading. After all, I ain't the one tellin' it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So far it's 100% based on sempai looking at her stomach one morning, at least from what I can see here in the comments. Because that's the main reason a woman would look at her stomach, right?

I'd prefer if the story didn't go there, but even if it does I'll keep on reading. After all, I ain't the one tellin' it.

So I'm not the only one lost thinking from where the abortion thing came out, I'm okay reading speculations but I'm amazed of what you guys build up with so little.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Dude i read bi stuff too its just if a story makes me think im reading yuri i wanna be reading yuri, that's why tags exist

This has no yuri tags...

I know but when there is no tag either way i assume yuri until proven otherwise

joined Mar 23, 2013

So I'm not the only one lost thinking from where the abortion thing came out, I'm okay reading speculations but I'm amazed of what you guys build up with so little.

Well, there's a few reasons why a woman would look at her stomach, but not the way it portrayed by the artist here.

1- She thinks she's fat/gained weight -
Usually the girl will pinch her love handles, this is the "go to" way of portraying that. Plus she's lean and not fat at all.

This reason is doubtful.

2 - Period cramps - Usually the women will do some form of momentary relief via applying pressure. There's also the fact it wasn't mentioned previously in the chapter.

3 - SHIT HIT THE FAN IN YURIDOM - The way she put her hands on her belly is how most "oh baby stuff" is drawn or shown, even on TV or other medium.

There's also the ".........." ( does this have a term? ) and more than lengthy pondering by her which suggest something a lot more impactful than having a few pounds or cramps.

She also stated that was sexually active in her teenage years. This may turn out to be a lie, but right now we'll assume what she say is true.

The most compelling reason to me though is the fact thatthis manga does it's revelations in subtlety, never overtly. Like the father's alleged death. We catch small glimpse of their darker moments. So the whole stomach thing in chapter 5 is in alignment with other sinister happenings of this work.

last edited at Mar 6, 2014 2:02PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

HigaShou had already shown to have a talented hand with subtlety and privacy when it comes to relationships and personal issues, (e.g. Prism) it's something I like a lot and wish some artists would take note off when writing (kind of) serious stories.
Sure, to get invested, there need to be some infos to the reader, but stuff like that is mostly kept to oneself if it can be helped and not dumped onto the reader in exposition.

joined Jun 14, 2013

Am I the only one going to say it? This manga is horseshit without any yuri. The only positive thing about this manga is the art.

joined Jul 31, 2013

HigaShou had already shown to have a talented hand with subtlety and privacy when it comes to relationships and personal issues, (e.g. Prism) it's something I like a lot and wish some artists would take note off when writing (kind of) serious stories.
Sure, to get invested, there need to be some infos to the reader, but stuff like that is mostly kept to oneself if it can be helped and not dumped onto the reader in exposition.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. Something about his sensibility makes these situations really engaging to read, but with lasting, compelling depth that doesn't feel unearned- in Prism it was this way, at least. It's why I like this too, besides all the cute subtext.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Am I the only one going to say it? This manga is horseshit without any yuri. The only positive thing about this manga is the art.

You're free to believe

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's all subtext and intrigue masked by fluffy stretching and whatnot. Technically there isn't any yuri at all (you need some yuri goggles to see it, albeit cheap ones). I think it's something really interesting even without the great art, though the quality and subtle detail seriously help pull it all together.

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

This manga just gets better and better with each chapter. I'm loving the quick releases, too. THIS IS GREAT

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Darn it, was hoping her "boyfriend" was really a girlfriend. Oh well, the story is still worth a read.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

So new details with chapter eleven are:
--> Keiko had a fiance AND SHE broke up with him shortly after New Year (that was 3 months ago, Golden week is in last day/s April-May)
--> She used to look after Ran during their high school and her reason, "She's just so adorable . . . I couldn't help it..." albeit she defended it as meant to be like a little sister. for now, let's accept her defense
--> Something happened that's why her friend Saki was worried about her
--> Keiko is the type of person who puts a tough front, meaning she doesn't let others know her true feelings, and she always changes the topic which may be due to that
--> She has issues with her mother, AND she's not ready to FORGIVE her yet (whew, such a heavy word)

Ambiguities:
--> Was she really engaged? Was her boyfriend really a boyfriend as in a man? Or was our yuri radar right? Our yuri has still a chance, hopefully
--> What really happened to Keiko?

With these, we can now add support to our list of speculations:
--> Keiko either had an abortion pressured by her mother that's why she can't forgive her
--> Or, considering risingstar3110's wild pokemon err speculation, Keiko really had a relationship with a woman before. And to add into that, they were forcefully separated by her mother

If you still can't see why we have this abortion thing, see Evilnemesis' arguments above

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This manga just gets better and better with each chapter. I'm loving the quick releases, too. THIS IS GREAT

I don't know japanese but looks like it's released monthly with some months being released twice. Looks like last chapter is #16 and was published 27/02.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I like how the chapters are turning into less instruction manual and more actual plot. There's also a ton of family drama to savour, and despite the complaints about the boyfriend, and now the most recent news about the fiance, I think there's still quite a bit of subtext going on. This is particularly the case with Ran in chapter 10, but there's also a bit from Keiko too because although she was a delinquent she treated Ran well. It's even commented on: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch11#7 (though I don't think anybody missed that one). Anyway, yuri or no yuri, I'm still eager to see how this story unfolds.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Couldn't get enough of that Saeki's bullying face. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch11#5
Anyhow, I am thinking that the story is going to get more drama and once it gets there, forget all about stretching.

joined Dec 16, 2013

josei yuri sure is a pain to read.
still that last page http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch11#11
forced abortion!!?

last edited at Mar 7, 2014 8:35AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So the manga ditched stretching in favor of an actual plot?

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

^
^Hmm... she was looking at her stomach and now cried in hospital clothes... may be you're right, and may be she even can't have child anymore.

Nah, whatever, I don't care about her past, I assume almost all highschool girls in Japan are not pure anymore, and if a girl didn't love girls from the start, that means she was with a guy before, so even if she had a fiance, or even abortion before, it's not a big deal, she's an adult after all.

last edited at Mar 7, 2014 9:16AM

joined Sep 3, 2013

I'm with you. Don't really care about the yuri tease thing anymore. It's really an outdated concept with all the real yuri manga/anime out there now. The art is nice though, so I just skim through the pages to look at it.

joined Dec 16, 2013

^
^Hmm... she was looking at her stomach and now cried in hospital clothes... may be you're right, and may be she even can't have child anymore.

Nah, whatever, I don't care about her past, I assume almost all highschool girls in Japan are not pure anymore, and if a girl didn't love girls from the start, that means she was with a guy before, so even if she had a fiance, or even abortion before, it's not a big deal, she's an adult after all.

that mean she's mentally unstable.
in denial perhaps.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I still dont' really buy the abortion thing until I see solid evidence about that however, this story is taking a turn for the depressing. Can't we have some carefree and fluffy love story like Prism mr. Shou? :(

To reply you must either login or sign up.