Forum › Stretch discussion

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That's some dark shit going on here

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Wo leave it to the dynasty scans comment section to get the best dream interpretations!
I couldn't connect those points nearly as well as everyone here...

joined Mar 7, 2014

I think it's interesting that the faces of the kids around her were not distorted until after the monster eating the flower incident.
The last thing the boy says really doesn't make sense to me.

joined Mar 23, 2013

-The boy eventually left her (the guy did not knew she was pregnant and when she told him, he broke off with her and acted like her mother (die you stupid guy! burn in hell with the mother!)

Everything else seems to be the case (as far as fever dream symbolism interpretation can go), but I took this differently. I feel like she wasn't all that concerned with the "boy" (whether he represents her fiance, men/sex, or attempting to conceive) who she beat the seeds out of, until she needed the seeds again. But when she tried to get pregnant again, it didn't work no matter how hard she tried (the first time it took one hit, but now she's basically crushed his head), which goes with the idea that she can't get pregnant anymore.

After that point, it really depends on what you take the boy to mean. If he's the fiance, then he could have been an asshole and left her or what happened and the emotional aftermath might have just drove a wedge between them. If he's men/sex then she stopped dating them. Or, if he's the idea of getting pregnant, she stopped trying.

Yeah the mother was the truly important part of the dream. That betrayal from a family member has to sting much more than an asshole boyfriend. You can always find a better one ( not that it's that easy but you get the meaning ). That mother looked like she was always a bad parent though.

Im still thinking that the abortion/miscarriage/whathaveyoudrama isnt related to the recent fiance.

Unless... he got fianced ( shotgun marriage ) just because he got her pregnant and her miscarrying gave him the opportunity to dump her.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I think it's interesting that the faces of the kids around her were not distorted until after the monster eating the flower incident.

Probably it was futile to try to get anymore seeds out of him

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Definitely think Ran has the hots for Keiko.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Actually I revise my theory ( above ) The boy is probably the fiance.

I think the "you cant even get something as simple as that" refers to childbearing.
If we look closely, big booby-chan is the one that does all the chores and the cooking.
I think that guy meant that she couldn't do any wifey thing correctly. And not even something simple like giving birth.
So he took that opportunity to dump him.

So that's why she's still crying and can't forgive her mom. She was at her weakest and she told her to "toughen up" and stop crying.

A lot of women harbor guilt about their miscarriages and she still seems to not be over it.

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 3:02PM

Tattoos
joined Mar 8, 2013

Probably mentioned already but...
Starting to think it's about Keiko having Ran as the replacement "child" she never had, rather than a yuri vibe type of thing.
All those comparison of Ran being like a baby/little sister.

the guy could be Ran father who commit suicide in the sea.

What guy?
The kid in the dream or...?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

I think the "you cant even get something as simple as that" refers to childbearing.
If we look closely, big booby-chan is the one that does all the chores and the cooking.
I think that guy meant that she couldn't do any wifey thing correctly. And not even something simple like giving birth.

So that's why she's still crying and can't forgive her mom. She was at her weakest and she told her to "toughen up" and stop crying.

A lot of women harbor guilt about their miscarriages and she still seems to not be over it.

sexist.

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 3:31PM

Dynastyicon
joined Dec 12, 2013

All these dream interpretations are beyond awful.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All these dream interpretations are beyond awful.

All dream interpretations are, so it's kinda comforting in an awful way.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

-After hitting the boy, one seed survived the hit (one egg got fertilized after her sexual encounter with her boyfriend)

-So, she did everything for the seed to grow (for the baby to be healthy)

-But then, everything changed when the fire nation attacked err her flower was destroyed by that animal (abortion or since it was unexpected, it was a miscarriage)

-Her mother mocked her for getting all dirty and for crying over such petty thing (darn you mother! how could you say that because Keiko got pregrant she's not pure anymore. And for treating loosing a baby , a life like that!!)

-The boy eventually left her (the guy did not knew she was pregnant and when she told him, he broke off with her and acted like her mother (die you stupid guy! burn in hell with the mother!)

This best dream/symbolism analysis is considerably better than anything I could have come up with. You deserve a cookie

joined Mar 23, 2013

sexist.

Me?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ch18... Oh shit...

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Uhh... I was just away for less than 24 hours and holy fuck, this series is still escalating with no sign of stopping and dropping.

Dream interpretations of you people are awesome. I don't connect things so those are awesome.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

if you think the interpretations are awful then come up with something better? =P don't say something is horrible if you can't do better. tbh i don't understand why she was beating the boy up for the seeds, does that mean she had no real feeling for him and was only using him to get pregnant? theory could be her mother had been horrible to her all her life and thought having a child of her own would give her someone to love her, i've seen it happen and read stories on women doing that. don't really understand the hwole showing her friends thing either, getting pregnant in hs, or even in early college? we still don't really know when this happened, isn't really something to show off and brag to others about. i can understand the washed out faces later though, either they turned on her like her mother, or like in dream what she wanted to show them was gone by time they came to see and they didn't believe her, calling her a liar etc. the boy's comment though could have been like, he was with her cause she was pregnant, and now that she wasn't/couldn't become pregnant anymore, he had no reason to be with her anymore, and she just wouldn't understand "something as simple as that." either what was the point of him being with her anymore if a, she was no longer pregnant or b, couldn't give him any children. from her behavior in hs, it seemed like she was behaving teh way she did because she wanted someone to love her. drinking all the time to act out possible against her horrible mother. being so sexually active to please her bf and make him stay with her, as well as making him get her pregnant. the mother though, as awful as she sounded, i think still did something further during the whole ordeal. a child will put up with any kind of parent no matter how bad they treat their child. it takes something very impacting for keiko to be harboring such hate for her mom currently.

edit: and the blob that destroyed the seeds deff shows it was something malignant that took the child, making me think more of something forced her to miscarry.

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 5:44PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

if you think the interpretations are awful then come up with something better? =P don't say something is horrible if you can't do better.

Well, I can't because I don't believe any dream interpretation is good and I'm cool with that. As to not saying something is horrible when I believe it's horrible (well, horrible is overselling it a bit) by definition, that's a bit of a silly concept when you think about it.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This isn't exactly dream interpretation since this is no dream, this is obvious symbolism that the author put there on purpose with a clear meaning, just have to figure out the meaning

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The boy also had a hammer, what on earth was he attempting to hit out of her?

You know, hitting her
HAH
GET IT!?
I'll leave now

Rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1girls_from_fate_stay_night
joined Aug 30, 2013

Ouh two chapters left.. Why it has to end when im enjoying it

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

Firstly, I want to say a BIG thank you to the wonderful scanlators! Quality and speed! I look forward to a new chapter everyday (makes my life temporarily more enjoyable!); and because I love the manga so much - I bought it :)

Regarding the plot, I'd say that that was an abstract/symbolic flashback within a nightmare for Keiko (poor girl!). But in terms of the 'potential yuri' in the manga, I'd say with each new chapter Keiko is falling more and more gay for Ran - either that or a loving way as someone has pointed out, like a little sister. But in the end, it's still developing love! And I don't think we're anywhere near the ending yet, but kind of getting into the serious stuff now...

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 8:36PM

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

(actually, it makes me think of Hirao Auri's 'Manga no Tsukurikata' for some reason - just the feeling and tone)

pepperminttan
joined Mar 6, 2014

Ch18... Oh shit...

SEND ME THE LINK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I wouldn't mind if this doesn't get any yuri, i haven't seen this kind of narration since ever
And of course the most important, stretching

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

What I don't get its why girls in some manga take a god ass time realizing they are gay and stick it in there. Keiko obviously was straight...and going gey...to sum it up shes a bi was a going out with a guy got hammer and aborted a child and now apparently falling in love with Ran...alright good story...even if before I would definitely have a hard time understanding this type of girls. Somehow right now I understand this more than ever cause me and my bff are getting pretty close and she is completely straight...however I refused under all circumstances to fall for a straight girl, I'm a hardcore lesbian and the last thing I wish is to get hurt knowing what she likes.So in reality I used to think its was a waste of time and I never really like to go out with bisexuals or straight women for the fear of getting hurt and obviously traded by a guy and now that is going on in my life. So I can really identified myself with Ran. Love is love but when a girl whats a guy...uggggg...a lesbian can't give a girl what that girls wants from a guy..so nope..not going to fall for a straight girl...even if its the last thing in my death list. Either way good metaphor and way of describing what happen to keiko. But she needs to move on with her life, be strong and find love.

last edited at Mar 9, 2014 12:48AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.