Forum › Posts by grayrain

grayrain
joined Sep 3, 2013

Great chapter. Ugh, I want Hitsugi to win though...

I've always considered her to be the "stupid" because she most probably won't understsnd why and how people do things. It's not that regular folks can't do anything they want, they sure can, but sacrifices will be made in some way for that to happen. That's not the case for her. Consequences don't exist for her actions ( within reasonable boundaries ) and that skews her views on things.

This is completely wrong. It doesn't matter what amount of capital or inheritance you start out with, you can always make the wrong decisions and screw yourself and your company, because consequences always exist. Most businesses in real life fold within a few years, because their idea wasn't good, they didn't manage their assets correctly, bad leadership, or whatever else. Hitsugi could have just as easily screwed up somewhere along the way and lost everything, and that's not including constantly putting it all on the line via the duels.

If we want to talk about reality, and who has dealt the most with consequences, sacrifices, or what not, then, in reality, it would be Hitsugi. She's a teenager whose properly managed her inheritance and a successful school/company despite all the business, economical, political, personal, etc., problems that an organization of its scale would run into in the real world. She's like an Elon Musk + Paris Hilton in a way.

Hitsugi didn't ask to start off rich by the way, but she made the most out of it. If she had started out poor, I think she would have become rich and successful in any case, because she knows how to deal with pressure.

grayrain
Image Comments 21 Nov 00:19
joined Sep 3, 2013
F9c9b5dc726e74cdea44059a70c34276

Still my favorite all-time ship. Need way, way more of them.

joined Sep 3, 2013

Science babies remains best tag.

grayrain
Image Comments 31 Oct 03:12
joined Sep 3, 2013
39706914_big_p17

"...ron."

grayrain
Image Comments 22 Oct 10:08
joined Sep 3, 2013
Sg1qnvx

The manga was a little dull to me, but I loved the anime.

last edited at Oct 22, 2014 10:09AM

grayrain
joined Sep 3, 2013

What a gem of a manga! Great art and jokes. They don't often make them like this anymore.

Also, SO ROOTING FOR MAMIYA! I really hope Kuki eventually gets that she's wanted by her. Also, I don't think I've read a manga where there's an unreciprocated yuri crush, but yet, tons of genuine canon yuri around them. That must be driving Mamiya insane!

joined Sep 3, 2013

This is the best manga on the site

grayrain
I'm A Fool discussion 21 Sep 09:48
joined Sep 3, 2013

The prince is a little surreal to me. I feel like I'm looking at a boy who eventually grew up to cross dress, even though she's a woman. I think it's pretty cool, like a person in real life who can look like both sexes anytime they want to. It's almost like they're their own sex or gender, if anyone understands that. It makes the prince very captivating!

last edited at Sep 21, 2014 9:52AM

grayrain
Opapagoto discussion 20 Sep 22:50
joined Sep 3, 2013

The gender stereotypes make it like this manga was written in the 50's or something, but I guess Japan is still like that? Still pretty funny though.

grayrain
joined Sep 3, 2013

I love this manga. I identify with it so much, haha. Absolutely nothing happens in it, but I still love it. I think it's my new favorite! Just seeing a fictional character go through similar experiences as myself just lifts me up. It's crazy.

grayrain
I'm A Fool discussion 14 Sep 22:56
joined Sep 3, 2013

Nice story and fantastic art! I'd love to see another part of this. Not many adult life yuri stories out there.

joined Sep 3, 2013

Just wanted to say, the artist has super great fashion sense. I love the outfits she comes up with for her characters, plus how well they're drawn.

grayrain
Mama Mama discussion 25 Aug 15:23
joined Sep 3, 2013

The manga is a bit ironic in some way. Japanese scientists seem to be making the biggest strides towards methods of either same-sex reproduction or self-reproduction (as in, grow another you). And they really do need it, along with other eastern countries, because more and more people are choosing not to reproduce (busy with careers, love freedom, women don't want to end up slaves like their mothers, etc).

On the same coin, though, it does put life into perspective. We're always forcing more people into the world to take care of problems they had no hand in making,whether through natural birth or new scientific means. It's pretty sad.

joined Sep 3, 2013

I'm kinda hoping one of the next chapters gives more background on Massa. She is the most mysterious and secretive of the bunch. I'd like to understand why she is so focused on money.

Same! I've grown more interested in her character as the manga has moved on. Besides the secret stuff, she just seems really confident as well, which I love. And she's tall <3

I sort of like the sadistic side to Asuna. Nice and friendly on the outside, a bit of evil within! Not that I approve of what she's done, but it makes her character as a whole much more interesting, and even relatable in the sense that we've all got a few vices.

grayrain
Murcielago discussion 20 Aug 22:17
joined Sep 3, 2013

Hinako doesn't seem to be affected by death at all. I was guessing that was the reason they put her with Kuroko. She can help her without being totally shocked by all the stuff she does. Now as to how she got that way...either she's got a huge past to her, or she's just that airheaded XD

grayrain
Murcielago discussion 18 Aug 00:49
joined Sep 3, 2013

What if miyuki-chan killed the gramps family(maybe I'm thinking too much sigh*)

Maybe she did have something to do with his family getting killed.

Also I can't help but to feel Miyuki is putting on a front.

Yeah, definitely more to her.

I hope sniper lady and the professor play consistent roles later on, too. So many cool characters in this manga!

grayrain
Murcielago discussion 17 Aug 18:46
joined Sep 3, 2013

I was feeling kind of bad for that maid. I'm glad Miyuki intervened or else Kuroko probably would've tortured the maid and used that dildo she had...PHEW.

Yeah, I felt bad for her too :( Obviously she was trying to kill them, but maybe what's she gone through in the past has just made her snap (if the story about her friend dying is legit, anyway). Also curious as to how she stopped feeling pain.

Well... the manga mentions it quite clearly what her condition is.
Congenital diseases are from birth...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congenital_insensitivity_to_pain_with_anhidrosis

She says that at first, but then thinks it was 'acquired' somehow instead. That's what I'm referring to. She tells the maid "...but, from what you just said, I'd say rather than congenitial, it's acquired, right?", after the maid said "This body is perfect for the job.", like she had an alteration, or maybe got it from somewhere else.

last edited at Aug 17, 2014 7:03PM

grayrain
Murcielago discussion 17 Aug 16:20
joined Sep 3, 2013

I was feeling kind of bad for that maid. I'm glad Miyuki intervened or else Kuroko probably would've tortured the maid and used that dildo she had...PHEW.

Yeah, I felt bad for her too :( Obviously she was trying to kill them, but maybe what's she gone through in the past has just made her snap (if the story about her friend dying is legit, anyway). Also curious as to how she stopped feeling pain.

grayrain
Murcielago discussion 16 Aug 17:02
joined Sep 3, 2013

Man, that sniper lady is awesome. Give her her own manga!

grayrain
Murcielago discussion 15 Aug 21:25
joined Sep 3, 2013

Wow, best manga I've seen in a long, long time. Awesome stuff, thanks for translating it!

grayrain
joined Sep 3, 2013

Man I love Nancy <3

grayrain
Opapagoto discussion 07 Aug 00:37
joined Sep 3, 2013

What problem are they even hoping to solve?

Just what i thought- why is the premise single child families = dysfunctional kids? Its just not the case - single children get to interact at school with tons of kids- and their friends- this is just not an issue needing solving?

Step 1: human slavery. Step 2: go read something else.

I also hate this idea- you see it in a lot of manga and anime (like Hayate combat butler) where the kids are somehow responsible for their parents debts if the parents cant pay/be found - or even worse sold for the debt.

I've no idea where this comes from unless Japan has incredibly weird laws- but a kid cant possibly be held responsible for the parents debts- even if they were a legal adult- which they never are anyways.

It's a fictional comical set up. No, Japan doesn't have that kind of law. Is it just me or is the IQ of dynastyreader users gradually dropping? Above comments are similar. It's a ridculous set up but it's fictional. It's meant to entertain by setting up a plot that's not realistic. Either like it or don't. Just wow. I guess this forum isn't different from other internet forums. The average IQ is quite low.

Because the setup doesn't make any sense, even for a comedy manga. Maybe it's funny in some sort of Japanese cultural context, or maybe the translation is off, but really, you could remove the motivating premise and the manga would be the same.

That being said, it's still very entertaining!

grayrain
Opapagoto discussion 06 Aug 19:05
joined Sep 3, 2013

I don't really get the setup, or how the pseudo-family program is supposed to solve whatever problems they're having. If anything, some eastern countries are having family problems because they try and force father/mother roles. The guys don't want to do it, and the girls don't want to end up like their mothers (slaves basically), so no one wants to start families and everyone wants to be free (and obviously careers take up a lot of time, too).

Maybe the translation is bad, but maybe that's what the plot actually involves around, because then I could understand them wanting to create 'families' out of anyone. But they would still need science babies!

I do like the apparent main pairing, though. Looks like they're both fun characters.

grayrain
joined Sep 3, 2013

I'm dying to know who Nadeshiko's girlfriend is but at the same time I kind of like how Namori dances around the topic. It's like every chapter lifts a layer of the mystery.

Yeah, I don't mind the dancing around, as long as it's a legitimate yuri relationship that she's in. I just don't want us to be strung along this whole time and find out Namori was just fooling us about a relationship or something.

grayrain
joined Sep 3, 2013

Very sweet! I liked the message.

Just in case someone would like to know, it is completely possible to create a baby using 2 egg cells. Its impossible with the current technology though. But someday....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1769356.stm

It's so much farther along now, too. It's just a matter of time. And not coincidentally, a lot of the research progress is coming from Japanese scientists. I say "not coincidentally", because I personally feel that they will be the pioneers in new ways to reproduce (like two of the same sex), because its a direct answer to their low birth rate problem. Girls there don't want to get married because they had to watch their mothers be house slaves, and they sure as hell don't want to end up like them. So...the answer is YURI!

last edited at Jul 18, 2014 12:22AM