Forum › No Dignity for the Captain discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Aww yeahs. Here we go. Maybe Captain will find her inner M? Hahaha.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

heh, I cain't wait for Esumi to get whut's comin' to her. Pickin' on tha poor captin' an such. Pfft!

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

lol, wow xD had me laughing all the way....lol

joined Nov 11, 2010

Sadism is okay, but I'm not really a fan of what feels like bullying. The art here is pretty gorgeous, but I liked the content less than I expected. Hopefully the story will start moving towards a more mutual, consensual relationship going forward.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

... Well, like Sol said, my feels for bullying is less than Sadism. But since I am quite cruel and messed up inside, I somehow manage to enjoy sadistically cute or cute sadist manga/ doujins. It is a fact that still surprises me till this day.

Still... a swimsuit while running 30 laps around the school. If it were me, I could never handle such embarrassment. Then again, our Captain sure is determined not to lose that one student. I really pity Captain.

Hmm... Reading this post, I'm returning to my pessimistic side which means that I should stop typing now.

It was a very cute read nevertheless... it strikes you LIKE LIGHTNING!

20572_311167636941_6582597_n
joined Apr 22, 2013

Not feeling this and the art isn't remotely appealing to me. Ah well, time to move on to something else.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Didn't know the mangaka for this made
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/training_hugs

I really need to check mangakas more to see what they made that I might have seen before.

joined May 11, 2014

Ah, one of 'These' the Sadist Destroys The Meek main character story.

Guess I'll do some QQing(heard that on another forum somewhere.).

Lets get a little creative...WITH TROPES! Might as-well try to be interesting about it.

The 'Woobie', 'Decoy Protagonist' is on the 'Sadist Show' and though I'm not going to sit here and flat out say that absolutely nothing in this chapter was funny I did find that even though it's only the first chapter that since it seems like the entire premise is "Protag can't do said thing.

2nd Main Protag Sadistically(Literally) mistreats Protag...for sheer pleasure, and no other real reason.(Sure you can say because of the 'Ship Tease' that'll eventually happen but it's honestly 'Will They or Wont They' at this point)

With how this rides on the S & cliche'd-forced-M hilariously(no really) 'SempaiKouhai' relationship dynamic with the loose 'Club Stub' premise tying this all up the whole of it all doesn't feel all that appealing especially with other manga with this kind of S&Psuedo-M dynamic that

Now I don't have anything against S&M relationships or storylines but when all this is met with a character who either

A) Goes on as if they aren't being mistreated while it gets progressively worse or at no point gets better.

B) Tries, in horrible HORRIBLE Vain to correct the behavior to stop from being mistreated all the time.

C)(And the Worst to me) Exists in a world where their mistreatment (Or I should say being forced into the role of M as if there's only S or M) is treated as normal and or is overlooked, and or is because they actually unconsciously love it with NO indication whatsoever.

Then with every chapter it makes me less inclined to read the next. Now if you've read this far, I understand that there are S manga's for M's and S's and M manga's for S's and M's and part of the enjoyment is a Sadist going in on a normal person transforming them(Hell or not) into a M whether that be the central plot point or not.

All and all it doesn't make me want to drop it just yet, I mean jeez, it's just one chapter(lol). The whole "A**holes always get away with it." mentality of these kinds of stories irk me to my soul.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I excitely squeak after knowing the reason why she wanted to hang with her sempai >w< Love this chapter

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Should this be tagged as bullying? Feels like bullying...

This started quite strong at ch1 but ch2 felt watered down.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Agh after two chapters, a little too much bullying for my tastes....but I will keep on reading. Hoping to see sweeter moments between them.

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Agh after two chapters, a little too much bullying for my tastes....but I will keep on reading. Hoping to see sweeter moments between them.

^same

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This isn't s and m play that award goes to the real her, this just feels like actual bullying :/

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I am not sure if you can call it real bullying. It is more like friendly teasing. Or at least bullying between friends.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Sadistic girl bullying her big-boobed captain? Now this I can get into. This is hilarious! The hilarity is right up there with the real her too, I hope there is actual romantic development like the real her also.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Spanking? Tying up hands? This is... kinky.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does she have parents? I didn't see anyone but her brother there when she got home, although they live in a pretty nice house.

In any case, all I see is someone bullying and manipulating another person, and just sees it as funny. Even in her private moments, no real indication that she's attracted to the captain.

joined Aug 19, 2012

As someone who read the raws, plenty of sweet moments to come.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Sweet, hope the bullying does not overshadow it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Too much bullying for me- even if it has sweet moments later- no justification for being a selfish sadistic bitch.. I can get behind sm play like the real her, or tsundere characters- but this isnt like those atm. The captain should punch her in the face, kick her out of the club and report her to a teacher and tell her to sod off and not talk to her again.

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

I am not sure if you can call it real bullying. It is more like friendly teasing. Or at least bullying between friends.

My friends don't constantly call me a fat pig.

joined Aug 19, 2012

Well, its still going to be a theme for this work, but I also don't really see it as bullying as much as just teasing.

As far as I can see it, MC doesn't mind it one bit. She still wants the "sadist" in the club despite the complaints, and also she is free to just kick her out or leave at any time. Maybe she has a bit of masochist in her, even, and everything just seems consensual enough to me. (It will even be more clear 10 chapters in)

You guys need to light up a bit.

last edited at Jun 19, 2014 10:51PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like the captain and I even laughed reading the first chapter back then but when Sol pointed out that it was bullying, I felt regret, the same kind when you're joking with friends and then making fun of one of them and continue because everyone is laughing but then you realize THAT friend is not laughing... Well, that kind of regretful feeling.

So I went direct to the forum with the second chapter before reading it, to see if there will be more or worse... And it will be and also sweet moments too, I could continue reading it but what Lorisor said was valid, I agree with this:

C)(And the Worst to me) Exists in a world where their mistreatment (Or I should say being forced into the role of M as if there's only S or M) is treated as normal and or is overlooked, and or is because they actually unconsciously love it with NO indication whatsoever.

I can't continue this if no one (a friend, a teacher or maybe another one who likes the captain) is going to say "Stop anoying her!"

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Well, its still going to be a theme for this work, but I also don't really see it as bullying as much as just teasing.

As far as I can see it, MC doesn't mind it one bit. She still wants the "sadist" in the club despite the complaints, and also she is free to just kick her out or leave at any time. Maybe she has a bit of masochist in her, even, and everything just seems consensual enough to me. (It will even be more clear 10 chapters in)

You guys need to light up a bit.

When teasing goes too far, it ends up being bullying. And all those cries of "Stop it you jerk!" don't mean anything? It doesn't look consensual at all to me. Even if she can kick her out any time, she may not have a backbone and doesn't have the courage to kick out her only club member. She also might have a bit of masochist in her, but I still think it's bullying if it brings the captain to tears and she doesn't look like she enjoys it at all.

I understand that in the future chapters, this will probably change and the captain eventually sees through the jerky and horrible treatment and looks at it as a form of affection, but it will always leave a weird taste in my mouth. There just isn't enough mutual respect in this relationship for me to be 100% behind it.

I like the captain and I even laughed reading the first chapter back then but when Sol pointed out that it was bullying, I felt regret, the same kind when you're joking with friends and then making fun of one of them and continue because everyone is laughing but then you realize THAT friend is not laughing... Well, that kind of regretful feeling.

So I went direct to the forum with the second chapter before reading it, to see if there will be more or worse... And it will be and also sweet moments too, I could continue reading it but what Lorisor said was valid, I agree with this:

Yes! That is exactly how it looks like to me. Where it may be "friendly teasing" but it isn't very friendly if the one being teased isn't having fun herself. I also agree with Lorisor. I have nothing against S&M stories (I LOVE The Real Her), but I really don't like it when the Masochist ends up forgiving the Sadist because she loves the S so much that she can forgive the mistreatment, but she never really showed she enjoyed being a masochist. This is seen in Gokujou Drops. That manga still kinda leaves a terrible taste in my mouth even though the two main characters mutually love each other a lot. The happy end doesn't just erase all the previous chapters of forced slavery and mistreatment....

last edited at Jun 20, 2014 12:06AM

joined Apr 13, 2012

i feel reassured after finding that i'm not the only one really irked with the bullying in chapter two... but i'll keep reading after the promise of more 'sweet moments' to come.

To reply you must either login or sign up.