Forum › No Dignity for the Captain discussion

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I'm surprised that people are complaining about this. I like it. Its just your basic s&m stuff

Doesn't resemble any S&M (or more properly, D&s) that I've seen or been involved with.

What it does resemble is abuse, which I have seen and experienced.

It also resembles bad writing, which tries to be the first but ends up being the second. And oh lordy, I've seen a lot of bad writing.

yeah its a little different but both character clearly like each other so I don't think its that bad. Though I've never really been abused by anyone so I don't know if this would make some people uncomfortable or not

joined May 10, 2011

I love it. But maybe I'm just a terrible person.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

ok this chapter the writing got much better so i dont have a problem with it, it was just the first 2 that suuuuucked imo

joined Mar 23, 2013

lol these reactions. It's a comedy manga. The only thing I'll say is: I see nothing wrong with it.

Anyway, I'm glad we got a new chapter. Loving Esumi's disgusted reactions to Yae's advances - those were really cute. Especially near the end where both were ganging up on her and her response is just, "You promised..." I'm loving this even more! I hope the volume is available on Amazon. I need to order it!

You have to understand that in this day and age you can't joke about stuff that might be about a serious and very sore subject for people. Back in the day, there wasn't much off-limits but now you have to watch out not to "trigger" anyone!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

lol these reactions. It's a comedy manga. The only thing I'll say is: I see nothing wrong with it.

Anyway, I'm glad we got a new chapter. Loving Esumi's disgusted reactions to Yae's advances - those were really cute. Especially near the end where both were ganging up on her and her response is just, "You promised..." I'm loving this even more! I hope the volume is available on Amazon. I need to order it!

You have to understand that in this day and age you can't joke about stuff that might be about a serious and very sore subject for people. Back in the day, there wasn't much off-limits but now you have to watch out not to "trigger" anyone!

No i was complaining in chapters 1 and 2 because it was legit bad writing so it came off as serious bullying

joined Jun 12, 2012

If Yuri didn't touch controversial topics in the first place, a majority of it probably wouldn't be here today.

I don't understand why I rarely see people complain about other tasteless controversial topics (senseless rape, Ecchi, etc).
Yes I understand bullying is a major problem, but slashing out over some lighthearted comedy manga with "bullying" really does show how weak-minded this society has become. If you don't want to "trigger" anything, stay away from the internet.

joined Mar 23, 2013

No i was complaining in chapters 1 and 2 because it was legit bad writing so it came off as serious bullying

I wasn't speaking about this title in particular, I was speaking in general how discource on certain subjects is now being muted by the masses because it may hurt somebody, somewhere, in the 7 billion people living in this planet.

If Yuri didn't touch controversial topics in the first place, a majority of it probably wouldn't be here today.

True, it reminds me of the old shoujo yuri tragedies and the Yuri from the 90s, very dark stuff, it was always about the evil men doing the raping and female love interests would often die in the end. I'm sure Yurilovefan would kill himself/herself if we went back in time to that era.

I don't understand why I rarely see people complain about other tasteless controversial topics (senseless rape, Ecchi, etc).
Yes I understand bullying is a major problem, but slashing out over some lighthearted comedy manga with "bullying" really does show how weak-minded this society has become. If you don't want to "trigger" anything, stay away from the internet.

The internet is so easily accessible that a lot people feel entitled to it, that's just how it's going to be with the generation that lived with the internet since pretty much day 1. Users want to be catered too, they don't want to leave, they want you to change your way. Welcome to the "me" generations, have a nice stay!

last edited at Sep 19, 2014 6:39AM

joined Jun 12, 2012

I wasn't speaking about this title in particular, I was speaking in general how discource on certain subjects is now being muted by the masses because it may hurt somebody, somewhere, in the 7 billion people living in this planet.

True, it reminds me of the old shoujo yuri tragedies and the Yuri from the 90s, very dark stuff, it was always about the evil men doing the raping and female love interests would often die in the end. I'm sure Yurilovefan would kill himself/herself if we went back in time to that era.

The internet is so easily accessible that a lot people feel entitled to it, that's just how it's going to be with the generation that lived with the internet since pretty much day 1. Users want to be catered too, they don't want to leave, they want you to change your way. Welcome to the "me" generations, have a nice stay!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsAllaboutMe

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Oh i understand that, im really sick of this "trigger" BS too but we cant really do much about it, like im a massive mmo/rpg fan but recent mmos and rpgs are all super happy casual fun time with no challenge or effort needed: see final fantasy 13/14 a realm reborn
i cant do anything about that either even though i want to

last edited at Sep 19, 2014 6:42AM

joined Jun 12, 2012

Christ was has happened to this forum? This is not your personal blog ffs

We Tumblr now

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Christ was has happened to this forum? This is not your personal blog ffs

We Tumblr now

No only a few of us man-hate not enough for us to be tumblr just yet

joined Mar 23, 2013

We're going super off-topic here, and I apologize in advance.

Oh i understand that, im really sick of this "trigger" BS too but we cant really do much about it, like im a massive mmo/rpg fan but recent mmos and rpgs are all super happy casual fun time with no challenge or effort needed: see final fantasy 13/14 a realm reborn

Final fantasy 13... you have no idea how disappointed I was when I bought it and started playing.

As a FF fan it broke my heart for so many reasons...
1. Even more Linear than FFX and that's with YEARS later with a more powerful console. It literally holds you hands for the first 3-4(5?) chapters of the game as well.
2. Characters
- Snow "All-talk" Villiers
- Claire "I'm a strong woman, now look how I'm emotionless and berate other people endlessly to show how strong I am" Lightning ( Pro-tip this is not what a "strong" woman looks like at all, although I guess it's to be expected from Japanese devs, they don't know anything about women lul = P ).
- Vanille "Giggles"
- Hope "There is no hope" Estheim
Etc...
3. The story... What the fuck?
4. Faceroll combat

I'm going to end it here, because I would never stop.

MMOs... Totally agree with how it's become casual town. I played WoW from release ( 2004 ) till early 2009 and it keeps getting worse and worse over time. From the lore that's butchered to the easy PvE content to the fact that devs don't care about PvP and it's just the worse shit ever.

I heard about FF reborn, I heard it's the same faceroll DPS fest as well.

You heard about how in march 2015 there's going to be a Demo of FFXV inside another FF game? Will that one be the final nail in the coffin? I don't know, and I'm not really that hyped up to find out.

Funnily enough some people who I shall not name have already been complaining that it's a misogynist game because it's a "bro-fest" http://i.imgur.com/4QtkfcM.jpg and the few girls have all been pretty.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

the situation personified: http://img-9gag-lol.9cache.com/photo/a6dMvY8_460s.jpg

Funnily enough some people who I shall not name have already been complaining that it's a misogynist game because it's a "bro-fest" http://i.imgur.com/4QtkfcM.jpg and the few girls have all been pretty.

Seriously? what the flying spaghetti monster is wrong with these morons? by this logic shaw shank redemption is sexist

• Claire "I'm a strong woman, now look how I'm emotionless and berate other people endlessly to show how strong I am" Lightning ( Pro-tip this is not what a "strong" woman looks like at all, although I guess it's to be expected from Japanese devs, they don't know anything about women lul = P ).

Ugh dont get me started on "im totally not advent children cloud" lightning

1. Even more Linear than FFX and that's with YEARS later with a more powerful console. It literally holds you hands for the first 3-4(5?) chapters of the game as well.

And unlike X FF13 didn't even have great story and characters to back it up voice work is sort of better if monotone is your thing i guess but that's literally it

MMOs... Totally agree with how it's become casual town. I played WoW from release ( 2004 ) till early 2009 and it keeps getting worse and worse over time. From the lore that's butchered to the easy PvE content to the fact that devs don't care about PvP and it's just the worse shit ever.

I would rather not talk about WoW, too many good memories slowly rotting in the grave that is mists

I heard about FF reborn, I heard it's the same faceroll DPS fest as well.

actually the problem with the game isn't even that because MOSTLY as far as very casual mmo games go FFXIV is a fantastic game, but then you have binding coil of bahamut, the problem is the rest of the game is so casual that when you get to coil an actual challenging piece of content you have no training for it so nobody knows thier jobs/wtf to do, that and every patch after patch 2.1 has just made the game worse (hunts, personal housing costing a crapton) and recently yoshida the director of the game admitted he never played 11 and only played WoW after cataclysm -_- the game needs him getting fired and someone with mmo experience being brought on otherwise the game will die

ok thats my off topic rant over i will try to stay on topic now

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Man two threads full of straw-Tumblr? Some people really get their knickers in a knot at the idea that what they say can hurt people so maybe tone it down a bit.

In any case, I do agree that the writing got WAY better in chapter 3, and the lighter tone really improves the experience.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Some people really get their knickers in a knot

Boy oh boy, that's an idiom ya don't hear very often. Nezchan, you sound like my grandma :-)

but I agree, I am really liking the airier, fluffier tone. I'm just waiting for that awful Esumi to get what is coming to her!

last edited at Sep 19, 2014 9:36PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Some people really get their knickers in a knot

Boy oh boy, that's an idiom ya don't hear very often. Nezchan, you sound like my grandma :-)

but I agree, I am really liking the airier, fluffier tone. I'm just waiting for that awful Esumi to get what is coming to her!

I'm not exactly young, and I grew up in farming country among people who were old when I was little. I know slang that goes back almost a century.

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

I really love this one! They obviously like each other and because I am little bit sadistic myself, I can really understand the main character's thoughts. :D :D My new favorite together with Murcielago. :)

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

lol this manga

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Coming back to this one, can we take a moment to appreciate the "No G-Cup? Go home." sign Esumi has on the first page?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Coming back to this one, can we take a moment to appreciate the "No G-Cup? Go home." sign Esumi has on the first page?

boooooooo! not everyone is a g-cup nor likes g-cups. them things are dangerous to both the possessor and the possessee! but OK, the sign Esumi was holding was funny, tho I didn't peg Esumi as a fan of big cups. well, maybe the captain's.

last edited at Sep 21, 2014 2:44PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This chapter was amazing. Really looking forward to more of this.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Last page was the best, especially with its reference to the RPG choices. Haha.

joined Jun 17, 2014

Eh..??project delayed?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

So I suppose this series has been cancelled? Or has the scanlator lost interest? Either way, that's too bad.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

So I suppose this series has been cancelled? Or has the scanlator lost interest? Either way, that's too bad.

seems so, well rip.

To reply you must either login or sign up.