Forum › I Wish Her Love Could Come True discussion

joined Aug 6, 2021

I really felt that when she punched him. You go girl.

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Yoh is either incredibly stupid or this story is rather predictable or both.

Like, why is she going along with his every whim if she doesn't like him.. Just don't join, it's not her problem if he says he likes her, just don't accept, even if he comes out about it. I get that she's trying keep it under wraps because of Misa but the truth always gets out.
She's gonna catch them in the act eventually, that's obviously where this is going right?

Like come on, idk, maybe this kinda story just isn't for me, it's too predictable for no reason and the logic isn't there. I am all for love triangles and stories where dark stuff like molestation happens but this makes no sense.. Like why the hell is she going on a date with someone she doesn't like.. What's the game plan with that? Is she subconsciously becoming interested in him that I missed.. idk.

I am still sticking with it because I am a sucker for a good car crash. Also, who knows maybe there's a twist I am not seeing coming down the line, I doubt it though.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I looked up some of the other stuff Kanalina does and this one is pretty tame. The other stuff they do is even more hardcore.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Like, why is she going along with his every whim if she doesn't like him.. Just don't join, it's not her problem if he says he likes her, just don't accept, even if he comes out about it. I get that she's trying keep it under wraps because of Misa but the truth always gets out.
She's gonna catch them in the act eventually, that's obviously where this is going right?

Like come on, idk, maybe this kinda story just isn't for me, it's too predictable for no reason and the logic isn't there. I am all for love triangles and stories where dark stuff like molestation happens but this makes no sense.. Like why the hell is she going on a date with someone she doesn't like.. What's the game plan with that? Is she subconsciously becoming interested in him that I missed.. idk.

I am still sticking with it because I am a sucker for a good car crash. Also, who knows maybe there's a twist I am not seeing coming down the line, I doubt it though.

All of this is pretty much where I am. I’m OK with this kind of thing, but this particular example seems to throw out infuriating tropes with no logic behind them. (And per another poster, I don’t necessarily “hate men in my yuri”—I just hate this guy wherever I find him.)

I’m torn between dropping it and hate-reading it, at least for another chapter or so.

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

This is meant for the male-minded, for sure.

To any of you pure yuri readers wondering if this is going to be worth it, this has already shown startling amounts of problematic and homophobic tropes so I'd say no, go for wholesome and give this heap a pass until it's finished being scanned.
I'd recommend giving it a pass, it's meant to traumatize lesbians to some degree, angst tag is def adequate.

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Nowhere because none translated it (either in Spanish or otherwise).

I'll get back to it. I have the next chapter cleaned and I started to TL/TS, but I'm swamped with other projects.

Also, that it got axed is an urban legend (or wishful thinking from those who hate guys in their yuri manga).

I think most people hate rapist dudes in their yuri manga, especially considering how this one turns out

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

....this is sell as a Yuri manga ?
This belong to burnable trash and especially "Mr.asshole I treat women as object because I have a pretty face". She should have hit him at the second he forced a kiss. Also he's blackmailing her ! This dude is an abuse !
The aaaagnst, unrequited love, lesbian in the closet, childhood friends and my crush is heterosexual wasn't enough for the drama, now we have an abuser.
I'm not reading this.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I'm not sure what's happening in this thing anymore.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I highly regret having had this on my follow list. This was plain disgusting and really uncomfortable, not to mention Yoh's actions are unbelievably stupid. And the way the story just rolls with it is just wrong.

It's been a while since I literally felt sick reading something...

joined Apr 16, 2022

I think Yoh's actions in this chapter are mostly understandable. Yeah, objectively speaking she should just tell Misa what happened. But she's a teenager and she doesn't want to break the heart of the girl she's in love with, so I can see why she went along with Ren's blackmail instead. Going on the date at the end of the chapter is much less understandable, but maybe the next chapter will explain that further.

(Also let's not forget that Yoh sexually assaulted Misa in chapter 1, her hands aren't exactly clean here.)

I get why most people on this site don't like this manga but I'm still interested in it, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter whenever the scanlators want to see it get trashed again lol.

joined Sep 10, 2022

I think Yoh's actions in this chapter are mostly understandable. Yeah, objectively speaking she should just tell Misa what happened. But she's a teenager and she doesn't want to break the heart of the girl she's in love with, so I can see why she went along with Ren's blackmail instead.

I'd say fair but he forcefully kissed her, then forcefully made out with her under the desk. That's way beyond blackmail for a crush's feelings, even ignoring the date.

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 1:10PM

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

(Also let's not forget that Yoh sexually assaulted Misa in chapter 1, her hands aren't exactly clean here.)

And ? Since she assaulted her friend, she deserved to be assaulted too ? WTF
The two of them are in the wrong but unless Mr. Douchebag with a pretty face, she didn't blackmail her friend to force her to date her !
Clearly, the author doesn't know how to write a story with a credible drama without adding SA.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Does anyone know if this actually ends in GL or nah lol. Cause if I have to be dragged through with this dude creep for a het ending I'll gladly drop it here and now. Right now it feels like I'm witnessing gay therapy in real time and I want off this ride.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's been stated multiple times that it doesn't end in het

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I think this might've been the most uncomfortable a fictional character made me. If a literal knock out punch is not enough for him to see that she REALLY doesn't like him, what else can she do? Kill him?

joined Apr 16, 2022

I think Yoh's actions in this chapter are mostly understandable. Yeah, objectively speaking she should just tell Misa what happened. But she's a teenager and she doesn't want to break the heart of the girl she's in love with, so I can see why she went along with Ren's blackmail instead.

I'd say fair but he forcefully kissed her, then forcefully made out with her under the desk. That's way beyond blackmail for a crush's feelings, even ignoring the date.

Well, that's kind of Yoh's personality -- it's even what the title of the manga is about. She's very self-sacrificing for Misa's sake, we saw that in earlier chapters too, albeit not to this extent. It's over the top and melodramatic but not outside the bounds of believability imo.

I didn't say anything about "deserve." Nobody deserves to be sexually assaulted. But that scene establishes both the tone for this manga (that is, that it will contain sexual assault and molestation) and context for Yoh's character (that she's arguably no better than Ren and she knows it).

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Thanks, I wasn't reading through 200+ comments to try and find out.

joined May 3, 2014

so when the SA end?(the het ones at least lol) coudn’t care less about guys in Yuri so as long as they actualy are written as real characters, but this is low low quality garbage men with no good writting from the author if you are gonna write about this kind of heavy stuff!

joined Sep 10, 2022

Well, that's kind of Yoh's personality -- it's even what the title of the manga is about. She's very self-sacrificing for Misa's sake, we saw that in earlier chapters too, albeit not to this extent. It's over the top and melodramatic but not outside the bounds of believability imo

There's self sacrificing and there's allowing yourself to be sexually assaulted on the regular because you're scared your crush might have hurt feelings. Idk if I'd call that just melodrama honestly.

joined May 3, 2014

Well, that's kind of Yoh's personality -- it's even what the title of the manga is about. She's very self-sacrificing for Misa's sake, we saw that in earlier chapters too, albeit not to this extent. It's over the top and melodramatic but not outside the bounds of believability imo.

I didn't say anything about "deserve." Nobody deserves to be sexually assaulted. But that scene establishes both the tone for this manga (that is, that it will contain sexual assault and molestation) and context for Yoh's character (that she's arguably no better than Ren and she knows it).

you are trying way to hard to justify the author writting as anything but weird, not the good werid kind of writting

joined May 23, 2017

I love angst and unrequited love that's why I continued reading despite the nonconsensual acts. But chp 5 really burns me up on the inside and makes me want to give both of them a good slap. When is this forceful het gonna end

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

By the way, the vice pres guy can go to hell as well. "Not the right way to talk to a superior" ? Your superior is a fucking molester, what place do you have to force someone to be physically close with them when they don't want to, cunt ?

joined Apr 16, 2022

Well, that's kind of Yoh's personality -- it's even what the title of the manga is about. She's very self-sacrificing for Misa's sake, we saw that in earlier chapters too, albeit not to this extent. It's over the top and melodramatic but not outside the bounds of believability imo

There's self sacrificing and there's allowing yourself to be sexually assaulted on the regular because you're scared your crush might have hurt feelings. Idk if I'd call that just melodrama honestly.

Technically all she agreed to was just joining the student council. Putting herself in close proximity to Ren is certainly a bad idea but "getting sexually assaulted on the regular" wasn't her plan. Keep in mind she's also very lonely -- Misa appears to be her only friend so she has literally nobody to talk to about this -- and was already filled with guilt and self-loathing prior to all this happening. I can definitely understand not liking this turn of events but Yoh has an extreme personality so I don't think it's out of character for her.

joined Sep 9, 2022

Why they always want to make the heroine accept those sexual assault just because they don't want to hurt their crush feelings, bruh love doesn't mean you have no self respect. Typically shoujo manga protagonist, I'm handsome and popular so I'm allowed to do anything bruh

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 3:21PM

joined Sep 9, 2022

Exactly my thoughts, I know people always said dun put reality logic in manga, but this just purely dumb, Yoh act like those ntr heroine mindset which u can't understand why they just allow it to happen

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 3:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.