Forum › Reliance discussion

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Oh, this looks like it's gonna be positively juicy. I can't wait.

joined Oct 22, 2021

is this like a side-story to 14 something something koi?

20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

is this like a side-story to 14 something something koi?

Sure is, and only on Rakuen's web version...the other het age-gap spin off (Music Teacher x Delinquent Singer Boy) the author is working on will be in print

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 12:42AM

joined Jan 11, 2014

15 minutes to load one page ;;. These are some thicc files. Anyways, the narrator girl seems kinda too in the business of somebody she really has no business with. Guess it’s her inferiority complex and weird fixation. Like she’s so threatened, which is good most times in stories but just annoys me right now. Makes me dislike her. Looks like we’re gonna be telling a love story from an outsider’s perspective. Wonder how it will go.

last edited at Feb 20, 2022 12:53PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

This should be good, been wondering if we might get some side stories

Edit: Doh, finally finished the last three chapters of 14 Sai, so it looks like two spinoffs including this one (Harmony).

last edited at Feb 20, 2022 1:45PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

15 minutes to load one page ;;. These are some thicc files. Anyways, the narrator girl seems kinda too in the business of somebody she really has no business with. Guess it’s her inferiority complex and weird fixation. Like she’s so threatened, which is good most times in stories but just annoys me right now. Makes me dislike her. Looks like we’re gonna be telling a love story from an outsider’s perspective. Wonder how it will go.

I don’t know why, but it gave me some real Warikitta vibes. I’m sure it won’t go the same direction but that’s what I was feeling.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

AHHH I loved the main series. Can't wait for the side stories now

joined Jul 23, 2017

I really hope Shiki is able to pick up this girl from her class now (or the other way around) instead of kinda sorta chasing after Haijima. Even if that's the end game it promises to be quite a while until then, given that we're back at the beginning of second year here. While it might be nice to learn more about their relationship dynamic after the big "reveal" of just how much her unrequited love fucked over Haijima, definitely rooting for tall short-haired girl.

last edited at Feb 20, 2022 2:23PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

shacklesburst posted:

I really hope Shiki is able to pick up this girl from her class now (or the other way around) instead of kinda sorta chasing after Haijima. Even if that's the end game it promises to be quite a while until then, given that we're back at the beginning of second year here.

I believe it's set in the third year though?

Like, she says they were in the same class in the first year, then got split in 2nd year and are now back in the same class for the 3rd year

last edited at Feb 20, 2022 3:19PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Oh snap,it's the bandaged lass and the school nurse who saved her ass.

Very nice.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Okay. I'm very confused, and looking through the comments, I'm the only one. The girl stocked Shiki-san when Shiki-san went up to meet the school nurse. The school nurse and Shiki-san seemed to be having a pretty standard conversation, until they noticed the girl paying too much attention to them. They gave her dirty looks, then went into the nurse's office to continue their conversation in private. Then the girl freaked out, for no apparent reason.
I vaguely remember reading 14, and I think I remember that Shiki-san and the nurse are together, However I don't know how that girl could conclude anything other than they don't like ease droppers.

Edit: Actually, I think I'm getting 14 mixed up with Pure Water Adolescents.

last edited at Feb 20, 2022 9:17PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Okay. I'm very confused, and looking through the comments, I'm the only one. The girl stocked Shiki-san when Shiki-san went up to meet the school nurse. The school nurse and Shiki-san seemed to be having a pretty standard conversation, until they noticed the girl paying too much attention to them. They gave her dirty looks, then went into the nurse's office to continue their conversation in private. Then the girl freaked out, for no apparent reason.
I vaguely remember reading 14, and I think I remember that Shiki-san and the nurse are together, However I don't know how that girl could conclude anything other than they don't like ease droppers.

I just finished 14-sai, and if I understand correctly, Shiki and the nurse end up in a mutually supporting ally relationship because of their respective unspoken unrequited loves (Shiki for Tanaka; the nurse for the music teacher).

My read so far (I could be wrong) is that New MC has had one of those silent-observation relationships with Shiki that is something of the main series' speciality--Shiki with Tanaka at first, the transfer student with the OL on the bus, etc. (The main series has a good bit of quasi-stalking behavior that's treated in-text as just interest and close attention.)

The MC seeing Shiki with the nurse seems to have stirred up some kind of realization about that relationship and something about the MC's own feelings about Shiki.

Edited to remove my botch of the timing: this takes place in the third year after Kazuki moves away.

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 12:10AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

The 14 Sai expanded universe

joined Jun 11, 2016

I just finished 14-sai, and if I understand correctly, Shiki and the nurse end up in a mutually supporting ally relationship because of their respective unspoken unrequited loves (Shiki for Tanaka; the nurse for the music teacher).

My read so far (I could be wrong) is that New MC has had one of those silent-observation relationships with Shiki that is something of the main series' speciality--Shiki with Tanaka at first, the transfer student with the OL on the bus, etc. (The main series has a good bit of quasi-stalking behavior that's treated in-text as just interest and close attention.)

The MC seeing Shiki with the nurse seems to have stirred up some kind of realization about that relationship and something about the MC's own feelings about Shiki.

Edited to remove my botch of the timing: this takes place in the third year after Kazuki moves away.

I haven't read 14-sai and don't really plan to, so this gives me a lot of context, which is super helpful, so thank you!

joined May 23, 2017

Read 14 at mangakakalot before reading this and man the amount of ppl that hate on aoi and the nurse. Definitely should stick to mangadex

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 6:32AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Read 14 at mangakakalot before reading this and man the amount of ppl that hate on aoi and the nurse. Definitely should stick to mangadex

That series is not here, so I'll use spoilers:

In a way that reaction is not too surprising, because Aoi is written, especially at first, as just a borderline yandere villain who is out to break up the OTP. She's not exactly that even at first, and later she becomes much more, but I can see why people would hate on the character. The nurse and Aoi also look like the two of them should become a side couple (putting aside the fact that Aoi is 14--the series is full of major age-gap pairings), and the nurse herself looks (in terms of plot) like she should be slated to have a heroic romantic turnabout and confess to the music teacher, but she never does, and in fact sets up her unrequited love object with a young student.

In other words, that series sets up what look like familiar tropes/pairings, and then doesn't do what's expected with them, which some people just read as bad writing or characterization.

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 10:56AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Yeah I got the feeling, that the MC had the whole secret one sided rival turned stalker thing going with Shiki,. I still don't get what about seeing Shiki and the nurse together set the MC off, especially now that I know that Shiki and the nurse aren't even a couple.

Edit thank you Blastaar for the 14 -sai summery.

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 10:26PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah I got the feeling, that the MC had the whole secret one sided rival turned stalker thing going with Shiki,. I still don't get what about seeing Shiki and the nurse together set the MC off, especially now that I know that Shiki and the nurse aren't even a couple.

Edit thank you Blastaar for the 14 -sai.

You’re welcome, johnb. The thing is, although Shiki and the nurse aren’t a romantic couple, they’re essentially a two-person yuri coven—which is why Shiki tells the nurse that she’s simply reporting that she’s on the health committee, i.e., “I’m not here for lesbian advice/commiseration this time.” (One suggestive detail is that Shiki finishes her routine report to the nurse—and then the two of them go into the infirmary together and close the door.)

It’s also a hallmark of 14-sai that at times characters will have an immediate insight into the situation of specific other people or couples that everyone else misses—which is exactly what happens here when the MC realizes that Shiki has changed since first year and is amazed that nobody else seems to notice.

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 10:41PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

You’re welcome, johnb. The thing is, although Shiki and the nurse aren’t a romantic couple, they’re essentially a two-person yuri coven—which is why Shiki tells the nurse that she’s simply reporting that she’s on the health committee, i.e., “I’m not here for lesbian advice/commiseration this time.” (One suggestive detail is that Shiki finishes her routine report to the nurse—and then the two of them go into the infirmary together and close the door.)

It’s also a hallmark of 14-sai that at times characters will have an immediate insight into the situation of specific other people or couples that everyone else misses—which is exactly what happens here when the MC realizes that Shiki has changed since first year and is amazed that nobody else seems to notice.

So are you saying the secret yuri coven meeting between Shiki and the school nurse was just the final piece of evidence, of Shiki's big personality change, that set the MC over the edge? Sort of the straw that broke the camels back. Mm (scratching chin thoughtfully) That actually makes a lot of sense.

Edit: Or are you saying is that what the MC is really feaking out about is she can't believe she is the only one to notice, the change in Shiki? Or maybe a bit of both? I guess it all could make sense, in a deeply disturbed the MC needs help from a metal heath professional, sort of way.

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 12:37AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So are you saying the secret yuri coven meeting between Shiki and the school nurse was just the final piece of evidence, of Shiki's big personality change, that set the MC over the edge? Sort of the straw that broke the camels back. Mm (scratching chin thoughtfully) That actually makes a lot of sense.

Edit: Or are you saying is that what the MC is really feaking out about is she can't believe she is the only one to notice, the change in Shiki? Or maybe a bit of both? I guess it all could make sense, in a deeply disturbed the MC needs help from a metal heath professional, sort of way.

Well, the jury is still out on exactly what’s going on with MC, but at least at this point I expect it's the former—as I said, characters in the main series tend to get these “I just saw something I wasn’t supposed to see!” epiphanies about others. And also that observational behavior that in other contexts would be pathologized as ‘stalking’ is treated as simply perceptive interest in 14-sai. There’s a guy who spies on the music teacher with binoculars from the roof every day who is treated in-text as simply a quirky kid with a crush.

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 8:30AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

And also that observational behavior that in other contexts would be pathologized as ‘stalking’ is treated as simply perceptive interest in 14-sai. There’s a guy who spies on the music teacher with binoculars from the roof every day who is treated in-text as simply a quirky kid with a crush.

Glad to know what kind of story I’m getting myself into here. Yeah, MC is just raising all kinds of red flags for me….not sure if I’ll like her yet or not.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Haven't read the original work so maybe there are many nuances I'm missing about MC, but so far I'm liking her angsty obsession with glasses girl.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Now that is some serious gay panic
You should see a health professional about that...oh wait...

joined Jan 14, 2020

a) I learned something about old library checkout systems. Odd how educational yuri here can be.

b) I have no idea what was driving the MC. Is this chapter after or before the first one?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Haven't read the original work so maybe there are many nuances I'm missing about MC, but so far I'm liking her angsty obsession with glasses girl.

To be clear, MC is an entirely new character who does not appear in the original series. Shiki (the glasses girl) and the school nurse both do. Shiki gets a fair amount of development, and the change in her from first to third year is what the MC notices and first reacts to. (Now she’s reacting to her own unexpected feelings in regard to her former reading-competition rival,)

If only there were an audible narrator who could answer yuri-protagonists’ anguished questions about why they’re suddenly feeling the way they do about a classmate: “Because you’re a lesbian!”

To reply you must either login or sign up.