Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I dunno, I'm usually cool with the Age Gap tag. But you're right, we don't actually know the guy's age and he could just be drawn to be Younger Than He Looks (how's that for flipping a tag?)

As long as everyone's happy, I guess we'll see how it plays out.

It’s just a feeling, but I suspect we’re getting a lot of fake red flags about imouto’s behavior—cues that she’s wild and out of control, but ultimately she’ll be shown to not be, and will actually ultimately be helpful to the MCs.

I’ve even seen a version of this character somewhere recently (although I can’t quite recall where)—a female side character who seems to have loose morals and to indulge in risky behavior as compared to the more conventional main group, but who is actually more grounded and mature than she seems. They may have even used that, “I always break up with the first one before the next one, so it’s fine” line.

Of course, I could be wrong and she’s going to crash and burn or cause some sort of crisis. But that’s not the impression I get at this point.

joined Dec 5, 2018

This is now one of the manga I look forward to the most. Not many have made me feel as much as this one.

joined Jun 3, 2014

lol, idk how the Mom was ok with her daughter dating that old guy but ok. I'm into lolicon but this just feels weird in this context

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

can't wait for them to talk about it
"I don't wanna have sex ever"
"oh sweet me neither"

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

I hate her mom

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I dunno, I'm usually cool with the Age Gap tag. But you're right, we don't actually know the guy's age and he could just be drawn to be Younger Than He Looks (how's that for flipping a tag?)

As long as everyone's happy, I guess we'll see how it plays out.

It’s just a feeling, but I suspect we’re getting a lot of fake red flags about imouto’s behavior—cues that she’s wild and out of control, but ultimately she’ll be shown to not be, and will actually ultimately be helpful to the MCs.

I’ve even seen a version of this character somewhere recently (although I can’t quite recall where)—a female side character who seems to have loose morals and to indulge in risky behavior as compared to the more conventional main group, but who is actually more grounded and mature than she seems. They may have even used that, “I always break up with the first one before the next one, so it’s fine” line.

Of course, I could be wrong and she’s going to crash and burn or cause some sort of crisis. But that’s not the impression I get at this point.

I don't see why the sister couldn't end up helping the main leads while being "wild and out of control". It's not like one would have to rule out the the other. I'm not saying that she necessarily isn't more mature than she seems, but I don't see why she'd need to be, or why she'd have to "crush and burn" otherwise. It's a story that involves different people, with different types of love, and I think all of them will be helpful in some way for Matoi to figure out what she wants (even if they themselves don't actively do anything particularly helpful).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't see why the sister couldn't end up helping the main leads while being "wild and out of control". It's not like one would have to rule out the the other.

I'm just saying that her presence doesn't necessarily indicate that her behavior will result in some kind of crisis that the MC will have to deal with (although it certainly may). I'm speculating about the story function of the character given the cues laid down in the narrative so far; moral judgments about her dating behavior and her mother's attitude, etc. are irrelevant to me.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Working adult" could be as young as an older-seeming 18, though lots of people would balk at 14/18 too. My own guess was 24.

Interesting that the cast page has Misaki as outright heterosexual, after her tease of Yuriko. Also the MCs as asexual and aro/asex. I wonder if that's Official or just "how things seem so far".

joined Jan 14, 2020

But well, considering that there's a girl who ran away and stayed with a 37yo man for a month without her family knowing, maybe the Japanese are indeed just that mad.

Article: "According to the police, the two high school girls were fed three times a day and stayed at a separate home. The girls were reportedly free to leave whenever they wanted and allowed to contact their parents through their phones, Japan Times reported."

This is not what I would call kidnapping.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But well, considering that there's a girl who ran away and stayed with a 37yo man for a month without her family knowing, maybe the Japanese are indeed just that mad.

Article: "According to the police, the two high school girls were fed three times a day and stayed at a separate home. The girls were reportedly free to leave whenever they wanted and allowed to contact their parents through their phones, Japan Times reported."

That was a truly bizarre report; it’s very unclear what that guy was up to.

I was reading elsewhere that Japanese fathers speak to their families an average of 15 minutes per day—on weekends. Perhaps explaining why some young women seek attention from older men.

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

In Chapter 1, Matoi and her friends see the sister making out with “a second year” (with a gold pin that indicates that, I guess), suggesting he’s older than her.

isn't the guy a 2. year high schooler, instead of a middle schooler? he got the same uniform like the guy who confessed to matoi ;o) and because matoi's sister has another uniform, i think the boys would have another too. if so, then matoi's sister could be a 3. year middle schooler by now.

and about working adult: not every body goes to college ;o)
guys with custom jobs on the bike are (in mangas) often deliquents, maybe he wasn't at college.
the "compulsory school attendance" is 9 years in japan, he could even dropped of after middle school and started working. But he wouldn't ride a big motorcycle after middle school, so he has to be at least 18 to ride this bike.
but maybe they wouln't call somebody working adult, if he isnt't a "proper" adult (20+)... but he could be still younger than others think.

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 5:45PM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

can't wait for them to talk about it
"I don't wanna have sex ever"
"oh sweet me neither"

Matoi: "Hey i love you"
Yuriko: "Thanks, but i dont love you. But we can be no-girlfriends that dont have seggs and doesnt have a romantic relationship"
Matoi: "Sounds good"

The end

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 6:14PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

They were both waiting a long time for this.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Someone just hit the gas. I’m worried that this is some kind of guilt thing though…. Fingers crossed that it’s not.

joined May 16, 2016

Wait? Now she hit the gass really fast tho...

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Looking forward to them not having a hot making out session and then not having steamy sex afterwards

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I don't like the foreshadowing of those dark clouds.
Please don't try to force yourselves into anything.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

MISUNDERSTANDINGS TIME wooooo!!!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Looking forward to them not having a hot making out session and then not having steamy sex afterwards

Followed by going straight to bed.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

... its a trap...?

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Woah. I don't expect anything at all, but that was still unusually forward by Yuriko.

joined Dec 18, 2021

I hope things will be ok

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

This wont end well right? Yuriko already said she was scared but didnt wanted to run sooo... O well ill just turn my brain off

joined Jun 11, 2016

Technically, it's child abduction.

That was a truly bizarre report; it’s very unclear what that guy was up to.

Yeah it was weird. I like to think that he was just a good guy trying to give the girl a safe space while they run away from home, instead of letting them going around town and facing potential dangers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.