Forum › Yuri With "Tally Impressions" discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ouch man

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

From reading this, my IQ is now as low as the author's

No need to talk crap on the author* like that.

*Corrected

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 8:26AM

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

I don't get it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ Thats their honest opinion tho..

All i'll add is the artist isnt always the same as the author- tho presumably it will be on such a short manga.

@g2s There isnt much to get. Just like those documents are permenantly marked as belonging together by having a stamp that overlaps them both- psycho girlfriend thought she would shove a scalpel though both their hands so they would share a scar- to prove they belonged together.

last edited at Jan 17, 2022 4:16PM

joined May 10, 2021

Good gracious me... What the shit x)
Lovely!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

All i'll add is the artist isnt always the same as the author- tho presumably it will be on such a short manga.

@g2s There isnt much to get. Just like those documents are permenantly marked as belonging together by having a stamp that overlaps them both- psycho girlfriend thought she would shove a scalpel though both their hands so they would share a scar- to prove they belonged together.

Really, the punchline isn't that so much as the "Geeze, tell me next time so I can get my clothes out of the way!" totally unfazed reaction.

joined Apr 8, 2021

I'd say "It's their honest opinion" is not an excuse to be a complete asshole. But, if you want to believe it is, here's my honest opinion: you people are sub-room-temperature IQ and have no place to be attacking the author when you can't understand humour.

That first post, "Is this MEANT to be as super creepy as it seems to me?"....... YES, OBVIOUSLY. THAT'S THE JOKE. You can even see in the second-to-last panel the typical disgust lines that make it seem like she's creeped out and is about to reject her, only for the author to subvert expectations and give her a cutesy, mildly exasperated response.

That's literally the entire point of the one shot. The punchline is the way she reacts. And yet we have people attacking the author for them being too dumb to realise it's a joke??

Remember, this is my honest opinion. So that makes everything I just said to you perfectly okay, you'd better not have double standards and get upset now that somebody's giving an honest opinion of you.

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

If anything, this oneshot highlights that no matter what, Love hurts.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Alright.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ 856600 I didnt attack the author- OR you- meerly defended someone elses right slag the author off for writing a story they though sucked for whatever reason.. Exactly like how you slagged them off for writing something you thought sucked.. Feel free to attack me if thats your thing.

Personally i'd rather say a story sucked if it did than whoever wrote it but thats me.

last edited at Jan 17, 2022 6:08PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

I didnt attack the author

You defended somebody attacking them, same difference

defended someone elses right slag the author off

I guess we have fundamentally incompatible worldviews if you think people have a "right" to be an asshole. Whether or not you like the work, there is no justification to insult the author's intelligence.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

@ I didnt attack the author- OR you- meerly defended someone elses right slag the author off for writing a story they though sucked for whatever reason.. Exactly like how you slagged them off for writing something you thought sucked.. Feel free to attack me if thats your thing.

Personally i'd rather say a story sucked if it did than whoever wrote it but thats me.

Except that user did not simply say that they thought the story sucked.
They passive-aggressively snarked that the story is of such quality that the author must be an idiot; without prompting or a point to make.

That is not someone "giving their opinion", that is making a claim about the author based on faulty logic.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Bloody lovely.

joined Aug 27, 2021

cute n gay, heart

Imma stop you right there!

Received_330739178846629
joined Jan 15, 2022

Okay, I did not expect that but it's fine as long as the other girl is okay with it.

Yuri is yuri~

Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

Questionable

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

elevown posted:

@ 856600 I didnt attack the author- OR you- meerly defended someone elses right slag the author off for writing a story they though sucked for whatever reason.. Exactly like how you slagged them off for writing something you thought sucked.. Feel free to attack me if thats your thing.

Rule #4:

Insulting scanlators or artists is unacceptable, and will result in your comment and possibly you being removed from the forum. They work hard to bring us the yuri we love, and they don’t need abuse for it. Do not ask, plead, or beg for more or quicker releases. It may be acceptable to seek an update on a series that appears to be sitting dormant, but always do so respectfully. Anyone found to be violating this rule may be subject to permanent removal from the site.

In this case, it sounds like they weren't trying to insult the author but make a joke so it can slide but they should keep in mind that they should make jokes like that a bit more obvious.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

At least they both have beautiful hair. Beautiful hair is a woman's treasure. Beautiful, beautiful hair.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

LOL what happened in this comments section? Anyway, this squicked the hell out of me. Would not read again, oh dear.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You never know what you're going to get with a yandere tag, but I suppose the addition of the violence tag should have given it away

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Beautiful hair is a woman's treasure.

Hmm...?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Anschlr posted:

I mean Alice if you're going to make it an issue with me, and not with the two dudes aggressively getting in my face, I might as well just say fuck you and have my account banned right here.

I had meant to say something about the others too but got distracted by someone talking to me. My point overall, however, was that everyone needs to be civil and if your post can be unintentionally construed as not civil then you need to be more careful about how you make your posts.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I had meant to say something about the others too but got distracted by someone talking to me. My point overall, however, was that everyone needs to be civil and if your post can be unintentionally construed as not civil then you need to be more careful about how you make your posts.

I would actually like to hear what you have to say about my posts, as I was intentionally trying to be civil and clinical about it. If I handled it poorly, I'd like to know what I should have done instead.

I don't get why you two are mansplaining in a Yuri forum but I'm glad a lot of people here were able to safely express their surprise at the manga, and at least one person got my joke about the author. Enough said.

If you were just joking then I retract my comment, though I'd caution you to try and make it more obvious when the joke is otherwise easy to read as just throwing a rogue insult at the writer for no reason.
Not saying you did something wrong, I just mean you might get yourself banned because of a misunderstanding and nobody wants that.

(Also, I googled "mansplaining" and I truly don't understand where you see that gender angle in all this, so please elaborate if I missed something here.)

"Mansplaining; the explanation of something by a man, typically to a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing."

***Edited because writing is hard dammit. (;..;)

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 8:39AM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Mangaka-san: ‹carefully draws 30 pages of cute yuri love story›
Dynasty forum: ‹ho-hums a few comments to say same old, same old›
Mangaka-san: ‹doodles 3 pages of slop-and-go art where girl slashes other girl›
Dynasty forum: ‹52 comments of heated debate, and going›

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

TFW the Dynasty comment thread gets as weird as the story itself.

(The really interesting thing about the story to me is the definition of “tally impression.”)

To reply you must either login or sign up.