Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! (novel ver.) discussion

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

So there's a conflict between two goddesses who, considering the genre, are probably estranged lovers.

Did not see the sudden bit of dark past coming...

Yvonne isn't running short on reasons to dislike herself anytime soon. She's under coercion but hasn't betrayed nor been fickle, and the penance can't be too bad if she met Elsa.

And we're at or near a milestone! The novel translation is now about caught up to the manhua, because both are at this flower scene but the timelines are different. Thank you and congrats Golden Orchid, riverFlower, and 狐 (fox).

Thanks for following along till this milestone! river deserves a ton of credit for assiduously translating literally tens of thousands of words!

joined Apr 16, 2022

This chapter gives us the extremely important information that Yvonne likes thicc girls (not irony)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She's now learned to use "bullying" as an excuse to pamper her however she wants. :D

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Seeing more of of Elsa's thoughts here really makes her buying the elixir more understandable, even if it still was a bad decision.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I feel like buying a date rape potion entirely of one's own volition is comparably bad if not worse than all the coerced bullying so far.

joined Apr 19, 2019

Has the original novel finished? Or it's still ongoing?

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Has the original novel finished? Or it's still ongoing?

Still ongoing.

Rumia_full_1227580
joined Oct 10, 2018

A thought - if she doesn't need to bully Elsa anymore once she enters a route, does this mean everything would be solved if only she would accept that Elsa has chosen her route?

Problem is, there's no Yuri route in the original game. We don't know if the system will come up again if she does accept it. We'll have to wait and verify this as the story goes.

She actually doesn't know. There could be a hidden route or it was updated to include it. And games do that especially gatcha games that use romance.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

A thought - if she doesn't need to bully Elsa anymore once she enters a route, does this mean everything would be solved if only she would accept that Elsa has chosen her route?

Problem is, there's no Yuri route in the original game. We don't know if the system will come up again if she does accept it. We'll have to wait and verify this as the story goes.

She actually doesn't know. There could be a hidden route or it was updated to include it. And games do that especially gatcha games that use romance.

Especially since Evie was only a beta tester for like 3 weeks iirc and she never finished the game (bc of the aforementioned gacha mechanics), so there's a lot she doesn't know

Rumia_full_1227580
joined Oct 10, 2018

Especially since Evie was only a beta tester for like 3 weeks iirc and she never finished the game (bc of the aforementioned gacha mechanics), so there's a lot she doesn't know

I forgot about that. Yeah I wonder if the devs originally hid a yuri route. Wouldn't suprise me. Especially since as a gacha people would spend more money to get those characters. Even if it was Evie they would pay money. It could also be an event since Gacha has a lot of those. (Causal gacha player here. Speaking of which for some reason Evie reminds me of Mordred apparence wise from Fate in the manhua.)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, damn, reading all their thoughts during this part is certainly far beyond what the manhua managed to convey, both making Evie's feelings about the damn potion more understandable, and making the entire scene so very, very hot...

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Luinthoron, you are a whole percentage amount of my motivation to keep translating. Always gratified to see your comments.

And yep, lots more detail in the web novel. The next few chapters will have even more details and background for this arc.

last edited at Apr 25, 2023 6:35PM

joined Jul 6, 2014

i was so excited to see this got an update when i woke up this morning. thank you for the translations!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Luinthoron, you are a whole percentage amount of my motivation to keep translating. Always gratified to see your comments.

You're welcome. ^_^

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

As a manhua only reader, when I saw this Chapter title in the update list - I had to read this one.
Now I have to read the web-novel version.
Thanks a lot golden orchid and riverFlower.

P. S. Idk why but I loved the opening Sploosh and Plap sfx a lot

the_honeybee
20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

On novelupdates it led me to another site with the same translation. I thought it was picked up by another group

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ooh, not only a lot more detail here this time as usual, but almost all of chapter 41 and what we learn about Dahlia is completely new even for me as a reader of the manhua version as well. The manhua even went as far as to change the blood she gave to Faye to be not hers to avoid giving up all this information, at least at this point of the story.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Entirely new part this time again, and again especially the additional information on Faye is important.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

At the bit about cold baths in the winter making kids sick, I was like ... don't they have this thing called "fire" that's pretty good at heating water, at least a little bit?

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

At the bit about cold baths in the winter making kids sick, I was like ... don't they have this thing called "fire" that's pretty good at heating water, at least a little bit?

In early chapters, Yvonne was talking about the world not having natural gas and using firestones for cooking, she also said that they were quite expensive. I don’t know if it’s a plot-hole or if it’s because they can’t afford buying them.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Probably not, if their conditions are anything like real world medieval ages. Heated baths in tubs, as opposed to washing out of a basin, were for the nobility, and limited resources means fuel and hot water could go to what would seem like better uses. The other point in the chapter is that the people in this world don't have Yvonne's modern understanding of cleanliness and knowledge of what causes diseases

last edited at Jun 7, 2023 6:01PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Probably not, if their conditions are anything like real world medieval ages. Heated baths in tubs, as opposed to washing out of a basin, were for the nobility, and limited resources means fuel and hot water could go to what would seem like better uses. The other point in the chapter is that the people in this world don't have Yvonne's modern understanding of cleanliness and knowledge of what causes diseases

Yes, and that's why you wouldn't ... have a bath in cold water in the middle of winter. You'd use a basin and a cloth. Or, you would attempt to heat the water with whatever resources you had.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's quite the reaction to a mere touch - and we know it has nothing to do with the potion. :D

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

"You did this"
"No, honey, you're just gay."

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Always even more fun to read when you can also see all her internal reactions. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.