Forum › Alcohol and Ogre-girls discussion

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

It's always cute/funny seeing that everyone around them considers them a couple already. Hinata's "family," their friends, and even people who don't know them well (maybe even the whole campus at this point), all know not to interfere with the couple. They live together, sleep together, have nearly died for each other, fight for each other, and are tied at the hip constantly. They're essentially married already. Just have to get Naori over her understandable personal hangups, and they're set.

I'm sure their friends noticed the one bed lmao

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I mean we're definitely going to end up with a confession from Hinata after the festival

Img_0877
joined Jun 20, 2023

There was some really good panels in this one,
I want to see more mikage!!

And so my wish was granted..

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Oh no, not the mint liquer!

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

i really think isuzu and hinata should have a heart-to-heart sometime soon

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

faints

joined Apr 10, 2021

We have the ogre-girls but there is no alcohol!!

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Take this skeptically but Isuzu's hairlick is drawn so sharply and consistently this chapter, and her incisor when she scowls, I'm starting to doubt she's fully human. The comparison with Hinata in c36 p21 says it all. Isuzu's hair spike is always there, and her pointy fang when she scowls, makes her resemble the ogre characters much more than the human characters. And her ogre-level strongman ancestor has a version with a non-human biodad, so it's not breaking from the false-history worldbuilding. If so grandpa could be more racist than sexist about which traits disqualify her from being a warrior. Finding out you're more diverse while grappling with racism is less of a feelgood plot but would have a more interesting family dynamic. I'm leaning a bit over 50% she's technically an ogre girl, take a shot if I'm right.

It's also grandpa's fault she was put off and forgot to order more mint liquer. Bad human.

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 3:03PM

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Late to this, but I tried the alcoholic Mozart Afternoon. Because I'm a dirty American, I ended up with 8oz black tea, 4oz milk, and ~1.5oz of Mozart Dark.

Verdict - it wasn't bad. Very light taste. I usually prefer strong tastes, especially with my liquor (I like sweet and/or fruity, 'girly' drinks usually), so I may or may not try it again. May also play with it. I think it would probably go well with a light roast coffee instead of tea. Or I'll just make more tiramisu martinis.

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

you're telling me an ogre fried this squid tentacle?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

With that said, given the Ibuki group seems to sell alcohol, Watanabe works at a bar, an at least a few of their families are rich, I suspect this is going to be less a case of "quickly make a substitution" and more "quickly go get the alcohol, but there'll be some complications due to the source."

Called it!

Well, called half of it. I didn't see the wolf monster showing up for round 2. For a series that started as almost pure romantic fluff, the author has gotten good at intermixing the occasional bout of action.

joined May 10, 2021

I wonder who will come to the brat's rescue huh...
Hopefully she'll soon stop being annoying as all heck.
Thank you for the chapter!

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

you're telling me an ogre fried this squid tentacle?

best ogre in all of Japan.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Look, I don't mind Isuzu. I even like her a bit. But this whole festival arc is pushing her a bit too strongly.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

"If they had such an easy to understand appearance, maybe I wouldn't be so bewildered".

She pretty much said the quiet part out-loud there.

last edited at Mar 9, 2024 4:43AM

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

Sad to see Isuzu backsliding here, but now there's a chance for Hinata to rescue her, which will probably improve things

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Sad to see Isuzu backsliding here, but now there's a chance for Hinata to rescue her, which will probably improve things

I don't think she's backsliding. She's recoiling harder exactly because she's getting closer to changing and realizes it. At this point her words are performative more than anything. From genuine hate, into tsundere. Still a ways to go though.

last edited at Mar 9, 2024 8:39AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Having your body powered up through one person's alcohol alone is simultaneously the most yuri thing ever, and also such a shounen cheese move lmao.

"Heh, you've only seen a fraction of my power! Wait until my bartender arrives and I drink the special sake mixed with her hands!!"

joined Sep 10, 2022

Having your body powered up through one person's alcohol alone is simultaneously the most yuri thing ever, and also such a shounen cheese move lmao.

"Heh, you've only seen a fraction of my power! Wait until my bartender arrives and I drink the special sake mixed with her hands!!"

The ultimate power up. The power of love and alcohol.

last edited at Apr 6, 2024 7:08AM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I get's it's romantic and yuriful, but that's such a huge nerf.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

this series is pretty fun and also cool

pandapandapanda666
joined Nov 14, 2022

man itd be so fucking funny if tsukasa just casually reveals he has a boyfriend after like all the girls where thirsting over him

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I get's it's romantic and yuriful, but that's such a huge nerf.

Yeah, very strange. I kind of hope they come up with another explanation, something about the provisional alcohol not being ... enough any more? I dunno. It's just a bit strange that she'd suddenly be absolutely powerless without a specific type of alcohol now.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

This is a battle manga now.

And I'm totally here for it.

joined Sep 10, 2022

She's about to beat his ass right in front of her GF. Naori really stabbed herself with an ice pick to get to Hinata. I expect that kind of dedication from any of my future partners as well.

last edited at Apr 20, 2024 10:26AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.