Forum › My Beloved Kawano-san discussion

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

telamon:
Still just subtext no doubt? Would it kill them to make a sequel to a subtext one a yuri one? xD

I know, right? Why do they have to write stuff like this instead of yuri? I just wish they would write some yuri.

Thiaguinho-sama:
Why not translate Graduation Day?

Dunno, kinda weirds me out a little. Just not a story I'm particularly fond of. Somebody else might do it, of course.

joined Mar 25, 2013

That the same artist? The style has changed a bit. I don't like subtext only :P May as well be nothing.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I know, right? Why do they have to write stuff like this instead of yuri? I just wish they would write some yuri.

What manga is that from?

Dunno, kinda weirds me out a little. Just not a story I'm particularly fond of. Somebody else might do it, of course.

Why you don't like it? Some spoilers please, and if no one translate will you do it? I know someone else might do it, but it can also stay untranslated like a lot of yuri that are still dropped after years, since it's just one chapter why not translate it just to have the manga completed?

last edited at Oct 29, 2015 10:06PM

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Thiaguinho-sama:
What manga is that from?

A three page-bonus story for this titled (no points for guessing this one) "I Got Myself a Big Sister."

Why you don't like it? Some spoilers please, and if no one translate will you do it?

Have you seen the story in Hirari, or are you just asking in general? I don't know, personally it's like she took all the aspects of her style I sort of don't like and made a story entirely out of those. The leads visually remind me of the alien children from Close Encounters of the Third Kind and some of the dialogue is pretty iffy too. But yeah, I mean, I'll translate it, if you want me to, it doesn't offend me or anything. I'm already translating Yuri Danshi because it sort of seemed like you wanted me to, although come to think of it, no I'm not, am I...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gulf Standard

A three page-bonus story for this titled (no points for guessing this one) "I Got Myself a Big Sister."

I actually thought that one was pretty interesting regardless of subtext. Three pages isn't a whole lot to do much in though.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I would have never guessed the name of that bonus! No I didn't see it in Hirari so I don't have any idea how bad it is, you don't really need to translate because of me, but I sure would be grateful if you did as we already have a lot of unfinished mangas and it's just one chapter... And someone will probably translate Yuri Danshi.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Why do they have to write stuff like this instead of yuri? I just wish they would write some yuri.

Since the intent may not have been clear here, the three text elements in this image are "suki," which means "I love you/her", "kyuuuun," the sound effect of one's chest constricting with strong emotion, and a heart, which is a heart.

Thiaguinho-sama:
And someone will probably translate Yuri Danshi.

While this is decidedly untrue, all I meant was that I'd agreed to continue but haven't actually done any work yet.

Anyway, returning to the story this thread is intended for, I was surprised to note that the tankoubon version contains nudity, whereas the magazine version appears to be deliberately censored. This is the only alteration made, so I don't at all think it was arbitrary. I can only assume the editors told her she had to take it out for it to be printed. You're telling me a rag like Tsubomi, with some of the depravity it's put out, had the temerity to censor as tasteful an author as Akuta?

joined Mar 25, 2013

It has nudity? For that one panel when she's all "I'm letting my imagination run" and stuff? Cause I don't see where else xD Now I kind of want for that to be updated with the nudity, or if you could upload the pic for an alternate?

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

The story was originally published on her site before Tsubomi picked it up, so I can confirm that they indeed censored it. The "Kawano" spelling also originated with the Tsubomi printing, so we can thank them for that one too.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Thank you very much indeed Gulf Standard. Very much looking forward to reading the translations. My patience is admittedly a bit too thin currently to sit there with a dictionary and look up every single character, but I do try to make it a point to purchase stories by authors I appreciate.

joined Jul 31, 2014

I love it. Really a nice story!

joined Jul 31, 2014

This story really good and cute. Deserve a credit!

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

hoooly fuck that was cute

joined Feb 18, 2015

Reread this one after seeing the new one by Akuta Fumie that came out today (And Then, the Two of Us). This is still one of my favorite one-shots. Just so sweet!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_beloved_kawano_san#12 this page is me

Me on the left with the ponytail

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_beloved_kawano_san#12 this page is me

Me on the left with the ponytail

Ew, normie

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This one somehow feels really relatable to me. I love this cute little story.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

good everythin

20191122_221923
joined Nov 23, 2019

oh man. i love this!!!!!!!

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

I’m glad this is featured! I’ve always loved how natural this felt, like times and thoughts blending into each other like a stream of consciousness. But that cute confession at the end is what snaps us back to reality. So loveable!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Still one of my favs.

joined Sep 17, 2020

Just what I needed, 2020 sure is a bruh moment

Img-0219%20(1)
joined Apr 7, 2020

I love how relatable each and everyone of her worries are. It's so simple but so good.

To reply you must either login or sign up.