Forum › My Beloved Kawano-san discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I always loved this one. Page 3 is so incredibly natural, the two of them goofing around, their workmates just accepting it as normal, really underlines how well they know each other, which adds a bit more weight to Miki's later concerns. Her fear reaction toward the end is really relatable as a result.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I read this some time ago and I still love it just as much as before, I am actually surprise this doesn't have more attention.

I love the realism this one shot has to it and how easy it is to relate too =]

Also I love the artwork ^_^

last edited at Jul 20, 2013 5:58PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's always a bit sad when I find a piece I really like, and then can't find much else by the artist. Especially the case with yuri, since I find it to be pretty common.

Anyway, their art is rather fantastic, so maybe these will interest someone (not all yuri, btw)...

http://acutta.web.fc2.com/ (Art and [obviously not English] comics)

http://fumie-akuta.blogspot.jp/ (Some cool WIPs?)

...or maybe they won't.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's always a bit sad when I find a piece I really like, and then can't find much else by the artist. Especially the case with yuri, since I find it to be pretty common.

Anyway, their art is rather fantastic, so maybe these will interest someone (not all yuri, btw)...

http://acutta.web.fc2.com/ (Art and [obviously not English] comics)

http://fumie-akuta.blogspot.jp/ (Some cool WIPs?)

...or maybe they won't.

I just need to move to japan.

joined Apr 13, 2012

Came to know this one today... it was really nice! That art! Would like to see more yuri works from the author.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Cute :D

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

This is one of my favorite!

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Would love to see more from this mangaka.

Ava
joined Dec 25, 2013

Oh my god, this is so good... It hit me in a weak spot... *sob*

last edited at Feb 16, 2014 6:21AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Wow, how did I miss this one until now...it was glorious. Thank you Lililicious.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Mooooooaaaaaaarrrr!!!

A perfect read for a good night :3

joined Dec 18, 2014

I can't believe I never read this before. It's beautiful <3

Yya%20background
joined Feb 2, 2015

The...relatability.... it's... too much! I love this oneshot. The ending makes me so happy! I wish my feelings were reciprocated for once. The annoying thing about some aaaaaangst oneshots is that they become twisted (such as having the angsting girl become horrible) or have unhappy endings. This handled its tone perfectly.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Yep, completely relatable. T_T I love this one.

joined Jan 4, 2014

There is actually a compilation of stories by Fumie Akuta available: "Imouto ga dekimashita" -- same name as the first manga of the collection "I got myself a little sister", which is the other translated manga on here. The volume also contains five more stories, many of which actually look quite interesting (my lack of Japanese prevents me from being able to say much more about them, alas).

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

jtt

These will all be translated, except for the "Graduation Day" story.

Note one thing we learn from the tank is that Sailor Avalon actually got the name wrong here - the second lead's name is Kouno-san rather than Kawano-san, and the title thus should be "My Beloved Kouno-san."

joined Mar 25, 2013

If the title is changed though, people would be confused by who is Kouno-san, so if someone to correct the name in the manga then it would be prudent.

last edited at Oct 29, 2015 6:51PM

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Right, I certainly wouldn't suggest just arbitrarily changing the title of somebody's release. I did mention it to SA so we'll see what she says. Obviously it's the same story whether her name is Kawano or Kouno.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I was just saying if one of the mods decided to change the name xD But yeah, it still would be one of the sweetest stories :]

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I should've known better than to think Sailor Avalon would make a mistake, but this was author (or publisher) error. The name as it appears in Tsubomi and in the tankoubon reissue are different. The original "Kawano" spelling was probably a typo, but this release is correct in terms of what it was actually translating. Lililicious has noted the change on their Tsubomi page so no further action should be necessary.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Awesome, I already remember her as Kawano so even if it was changed I would've searched for that xD Is there any extras in the tankoubon?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The infallibility of Sailor Avalon is hereby re-affirmed.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Is there any extras in the tankoubon?

A three page-bonus story for this titled (no points for guessing this one) "I Got Myself a Big Sister."

joined Mar 25, 2013

Still just subtext no doubt? Would it kill them to make a sequel to a subtext one a yuri one? xD

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

jtt

These will all be translated, except for the "Graduation Day" story.

Why not translate Graduation Day?

To reply you must either login or sign up.