Forum › And Kaede Blooms Gorgeously discussion

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

damn! i'm invested on this story. it's so sad and disturbing at the same time. poor Kaede. i feel for her ;(

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Slavery and Smartphones in the same era? Seems weird, but sure

This is a joke yes? That most smartphones are assembled by slaves right?

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

At first I thought this was an alternate fantasy world where slavery was so common that you could just buy slaves at the market near your groceries but I guess this is pretty much just our own world but focused on the dark underbelly of it.

Keade was probably sold by her mom for money (maybe multiple times even) - a not so uncommon occurrence in human trafficking. The mistress' backstory is getting more intriguing. Looked like she definitely wasn't a willing participant in her amputations. She probably wants her arm and legs back (and revenge of course) but hoping for something more from there.

The couple chapters of fluff was so cute though.

last edited at Mar 10, 2020 11:56PM

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

I dont know what I just read but I kinda liked it

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Is it over?

last edited at Mar 11, 2020 2:21AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

reminds me of the game dorei no seikatsu teaching feelings but darker and yuri

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well that was... actually (scratching my head) I don't know what that was.
Seriously! I don't know what that was. A cute story of two broken girls completing each other? A touching tale of a girl lost befween the cracks of society, getting a second chance at life? A Semi-dark glimpse of the unseemly world of human trafficking?
I'm not sure how to take this. especially the last bit about the mom. While I get why Kaede wouldn't just hand over Kirika to the woman who stood aside and did nothing while her husband abused, and then sold their child. I think she should have at least asked Kirika's feelings on the matter. Taking stewardship of a grown able-minded person, is just the flip side of owning them.

joined Mar 11, 2020

Yay... Finally they post this manga... I can't understand when it's still on Japanese language

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well that was... actually (scratching my head) I don't know what that was.
Seriously! I don't know what that was. A cute story of two broken girls completing each other? A touching tale of a girl lost befween the cracks of society, getting a second chance at life? A Semi-dark glimpse of the unseemly world of human trafficking?
I'm not sure how to take this. especially the last bit about the mom. While I get why Kaede wouldn't just hand over Kirika to the woman who stood aside and did nothing while her husband abused, and then sold their child. I think she should have at least asked Kirika's feelings on the matter. Taking stewardship of a grown able-minded person, is just the flip side of owning them.

Fuuka looked to Kaede to see her reaction to having her mother there and talking about taking her, and the expression on Kaede's face was one of terror. Fuuka then steeled herself and presented as if she was being a ruthless slaver who refused to give away a piece of property--to make the mother go away.

This manga relies heavily on frames darkening and or being speckled with black petals and such when the person in question is angry, upset, or otherwise having dark thoughts and that realization by Fuuka that Kaede wanted nothing to do with that woman was a "dark panel moment". Shes not really a jerk like that, she was playing the easiest part to get that so-called mother to go away asap.

20201123_223345
joined Jan 7, 2017

I'm enjoying where this is going, in a kind of twisted way.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

A sweet 4-koma manga about dark and dreary topics? Cool. I'm in

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

If anyone's interested, the raws to the manga can be found on the author's twitter (@raika_suzumi). It's currently on chapter 90.
I'd suggest looking at the future chapters, since with the themes present I'm afraid the story could get really uncomfortable really quickly.
from what I've skimmed through, it seems like it turns into a hardboiled action manga, just with slaves, disabilities, and a wlw romance thrown in

Oh? This just might be my cup of tea. I've been craving for more hardboiled stuff like that lately.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I'm not sure how to take this. especially the last bit about the mom. While I get why Kaede wouldn't just hand over Kirika to the woman who stood aside and did nothing while her husband abused, and then sold their child.

I would not take what the mother says at face value.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Wow, this seems really nice, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

I gotta say, as soon as I saw the woman who says she's her mother appear, I thought "yea this is definitely not a good person" and that last panel is really consolidating my fears

joined Oct 10, 2016

Man I had to re-read like three pages to see what (if any) limbs are left on Fuuka. Bruh.

I was afraid of every general past memory of Kaede/Kirika might happen there, but it's the level of wholesomeness similar to that of Yu Nagori's works. And it pleases me. A good read, hoping it won't die too soon.

last edited at Mar 11, 2020 1:56PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Man I had to re-read like three pages to see what (if any) limbs are left on Fuuka. Bruh.

Presumably whomever was responsible for chaining and shackling her to a table in the one little glimpse we get of a flashback for her is the one responsible for taking her legs and arm... certainly does appear as if she was also made to be a slave or sold for something else more sinister, too.

Lis%20pricefield%205
joined Jun 13, 2019

I feel like I hear about human trafficking all the time. Wasn't there that case about that truck in the UK recently that had a bunch of people die because they were being trafficked in a truck? They couldn't breathe and it got too hot I believe. It is rather ironic to see someone say this never happens when this manga touches upon this very issue lol

If you meant the Vietnamese case, just so you know, they were all willing to go. They paid a sum of money to the traffickers in exchange for a better life in some foreign land. Aka illegally crossing borders. I don't know whether it's considered human trafficking. And it's not a truck, but within a cargo. Sea or land, I'm not sure.

last edited at Mar 11, 2020 11:22AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Damn, forcing your slave to sleep on a Facebook cat emoji pillow. That’s got to be a lot worse than the implied forced coprophagia/piss drinking.

What? Where,why? I thought she just carried her to the toilet and let her do her stuff, if Kaede is "her own body" she'd not need to eat Miss's waste...right?

You have given me something unpleasant to think about now though,hmmm yet interesting,but filthy.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Damn, forcing your slave to sleep on a Facebook cat emoji pillow. That’s got to be a lot worse than the implied forced coprophagia/piss drinking.

What? Where,why? I thought she just carried her to the toilet and let her do her stuff, if Kaede is "her own body" she'd not need to eat Miss's waste...right?

You have given me something unpleasant to think about now though,hmmm yet interesting,but filthy.

Absolutely Barbaric

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"Look at those sheep, living peaceful lives"...She says while sitting on a park bench enjoying the sunshine.

I really feel like this scene would make more sense/have more impact if done from a basement window or something? I didn't even realize they were still connected to the underground, I thought Fuuka was just a rich person who bought a friend (as you do in mangaland).

It gives the impression of how Hard it is to escape

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think the implication was that Kaede reacted in an instinctive and immediate withdrawal because her previous owners made her do all those things. It took her a moment to realize that Fuuka, with her lack of mobility, has obviously meant it in a different way.

last edited at Mar 11, 2020 1:52PM

joined Oct 10, 2016

Presumably whomever was responsible for chaining and shackling her to a table in the one little glimpse we get of a flashback for her is the one responsible for taking her legs and arm... certainly does appear as if she was also made to be a slave or sold for something else more sinister, too.

Nah, I seriously thought for a moment Fuuka was totally limbless.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Not Miss', but her reaction says she had something else in mind when Miss told her she needed to use the toilet.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Don't be crass. You may have inferred, but that's not implied.

To reply you must either login or sign up.