Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

okay what

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

I give up on this.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Wow, Ito is such a dick.... Only thing Sumika did wrong this time around was making friends with a turd like her

Ezgif.com-crop(1)
joined Jan 11, 2020

What the heck is Ito wants

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Okay, so I'm guessing she was in love with the neighbor girl and probably thought her feelings were at least a little reciprocated. But not only was that not the case, neighbor girl didn't even really like her. The fact that neighbor girl never talked to Ito after she graduated high school shows she didn't really care about her. So Ito not only found out her love was reciprocated, but also had her, "Don't meet your heroes" moment. Now she's finding herself in a similar situation with Sumika and is doing what she can to pull back.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Ito's drama is so boring, like I don't need this gay-subtext back story with some older girl/sister-esque whatever the fuck kind of drama we have here. It's boring and just means she lashes out at Sumika for no real reason

I just want Sumika to keep being a cute lesbian with Ito like wow you're not the Sumika i expected kind of angst and then some school related shenanigans that keep pushing them together is that too much to ask

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 4:11AM

joined Jan 11, 2014

I wish Ito’s drama was justified. Idk like I’m okay with main characters being little bitches and dicks but like, I don’t see how her backstory fuels THAT level of dickishness that goes above and beyond. For like 4 chapters we’ve had 0 development on Ito’s hesitancy. You’d think she’d be a little bit swayed but damn who needs change in the main character. Her dislike and low opinion of Idol girl feels so dragged on. It feels petty. Idol girl has shown she’s not even a bad person. When Ito’s overall opinion doesn’t change despite that she just kinda feels bland.

She wants to see the “real” idol girl but lacks clarity in herself AND the idol. She pushes away a perfectly fine person. The author by making Idol girl not actually that flawed and in need of changing it makes Ito’s insistence on Idol to change kinda offputting. It’s ironic because she herself is the one in need of change. Although possibly deliberate, the author is unable to portray a meaningful unlikeable character. Just an unlikeable one.

Extra points if the author was just trying to make a likeable flawed main character but failed entirely

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 5:27AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is the biggest overreaction to the mildest slight. Ito acts like she endured some kind of horrible trauma when really she just lived through the extremely mundane experience of admiring someone who doesn't share your investment in the relationship. Like, yeah it sucks but maybe if you didn't invest so much of yourself into the fictionalized versions of people you project onto them it wouldn't hurt so much when they failed to meet your delusional expectations.

joined May 11, 2018

I am so lost.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Okay, so I'm guessing she was in love with the neighbor girl and probably thought her feelings were at least a little reciprocated. But not only was that not the case, neighbor girl didn't even really like her. The fact that neighbor girl never talked to Ito after she graduated high school shows she didn't really care about her. So Ito not only found out her love was reciprocated, but also had her, "Don't meet your heroes" moment. Now she's finding herself in a similar situation with Sumika and is doing what she can to pull back.

I came to the same conclusion, she is unconsciously trying to keep Sumika away because she doesn't want to live through another heart-break like she did with onee-sama
the part about not giving "false" hope for those that admire her was probably because she heard a lot of those empty pleasantries from her onee-sama and took them to heart, that made the realization that she was not special to her all the more hurtful

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

okay I kinda get it, but ito's behavior is too much
sumika is actually so sweet and ito is being a dick to her for no major reason except this little disappointment she went through with that older girl
idk man ito is being overly dramatic

joined Jun 12, 2019

Sumika didn’t even do anything... Ito is kinda ehh

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ya that's the weird part. Sumika only acts like a raging prima donna in work context, she goes out of her way to be nice to Ito who duly just looks like a bizarrely paranoid ingrate.

joined Dec 5, 2018

the MC is anoying as fuck

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

To be fair, we do see Ito trying to reign in these negative impulses a few times in this very chapter.

As for the story it's . . . Erm. A good premise but I'm not sure about the execution.

810e327b-6cf7-4fe3-9815-7ba76536278f
joined Jun 22, 2019

I am so lost.

I thought I was the only one

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Ito is being a bit too dramatic but its not like her behaviour lacks explanation. She was bullied for her appearance at her previous school, then her first crush/onee-chan took advantage of her feelings and now she has to experience it all over again. Any kind of positivity is difficult to accept when you feel down but with emotional baggage? Just look at Sumika when she notices Itos reaction to being called super cute.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

I really don't like this MC, kinda hard to keep reading, only hope is that her "backstory" makes at least a little bit of sense later on.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

yiik tier bad mc

101695563_1228934467449287_6385854384514312096_o%202
joined Sep 14, 2019

Ito is getting on my nerves.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Come on people, we dont even know whats going on in her head yet

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Y'know, page 21 panel 3 and page 22 panel 4 are pretty legit issues that could be worth focusing on. But fuck if I have any idea whatever she's saying otherwise. And, huh, I can't say I have any idea what the Mina thing is about either.

As a side note it's always so weird to see my name in... Anything. Not a bad kind of weird, but it's weird.

This needs a "what the hell am I reading?" tag, have no idea what these people are on about. Can we introduce a therapist into the mix? They all need one.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I think we're being a little too hard on Ito. Yeah, she's being a dick to Sumika, but she's at least starting to be aware of that fact and shows a desire to overcome the past trauma that's causing her behavior. She's basically had her self-esteem trampled on in the past, both by people directly making fun of her appearance and by the girl she admired and maybe even loved showering her in kind words that later turned out to not have the sincerity behind them that she thought they did. She feels like she can't trust anyone or look at anyone truthfully anymore because of how Mina essentially pretended to care about her far more than she really did. Emotional scars caused by a breach of trust make it hard to trust people again.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

jeez, this should be called "a series of totally coincidental events"...

I'm gonna give it one more chance just because I like the artstyle, but it's really pushing my limit for bland plots...

To reply you must either login or sign up.