Forum › SHY discussion

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Tiny Pesha is very cute.

joined Mar 5, 2019

If they don't convert the momma to a good guy, I will cry.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I knew some shit went down for Peshas mamma! I was in tears at that shit! Heart the fuck out of her Shy!!!!! Hype for next chapter

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Woulda been funny (though perhaps too obvious and overusing the running-gag national stereotype) if she'd gone full Snowflame but with vodka mind you...

I'm psyched you name dropped this one! I've been speaking highly of snowflame for years.... Bring him back! DC used to have some good characters back then, I think a batman villain once flooded the streets of Gotham with affordable potent weed? Thems were the days

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

We going full shonen i suposs,well i suposs it was mean to be a shonen so i shouldn't be surprised that every villain will be turned to the good side and no villain gonna be killed at all. Well it was about damn time Shy do anything given how useless she have been since now aaaand it's just because Pepesha can't fight. That's pretty covenient that the villain made Pepesha useless so Shy had to fight. I'm not really complaining but that's some pretty convenient plot.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Woulda been funny (though perhaps too obvious and overusing the running-gag national stereotype) if she'd gone full Snowflame but with vodka mind you...

I'm psyched you name dropped this one! I've been speaking highly of snowflame for years.... Bring him back! DC used to have some good characters back then, I think a batman villain once flooded the streets of Gotham with affordable potent weed? Thems were the days

Yeah that was the Floronic Man who did that, who was ironically on the New Guardians team who was opposing Snowflame when he was introduced.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's pretty covenient that the villain made Pepesha useless so Shy had to fight. I'm not really complaining but that's some pretty convenient plot.

Entirely in keeping with the main villain's MO and the stated way the power bracers work tho. I think we can excuse Pesha for being too rattled to keep hers going.

Expecting Kfufu to jump in within about two minutes tho unless Shy somehow managed to clobber the bugger offscreen - now that would be lame.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

If they don't convert the momma to a good guy, I will cry.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 8:09AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Expecting Kfufu to jump in within about two minutes tho unless Shy somehow managed to clobber the bugger offscreen - now that would be lame.

Shy will probably overwelm Kfufu for some reasons after getting play like a fiddle.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

We going full shonen i suposs,well i suposs it was mean to be a shonen so i shouldn't be surprised that every villain will be turned to the good side and no villain gonna be killed at all. Well it was about damn time Shy do anything given how useless she have been since now aaaand it's just because Pepesha can't fight. That's pretty covenient that the villain made Pepesha useless so Shy had to fight. I'm not really complaining but that's some pretty convenient plot.

Shy can't do anything because her opponent is literally a hacker that doesn't respect logic, but if you have an obvious counter measure please, enlighten us because so far I've seen SHY trying really hard against the breaking logic girl. In fact she would be a great opponent against the mom because of their powers type, I think that's why she's been kept busy so Pepesha can receive the full mental attack.

Now it's 2vs1 with hostages, not very convenient ...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

In fact she would be a great opponent against the mom because of their powers type

Here lies the problem. Why Shy didn't fight Sveta since the start because of the obvious element advantage ? I know it's suposs to be Pepesha's fight because Sveta is her mom but honestly it's look like a 1vs2 with Shy acting as a meatshield.

so far I've seen SHY trying really hard against the breaking logic girl.

Try what ? She got beaten up, try to talk and fail and it end up being Pepesha pushing Kfufu away. Shy has just been a distraction to keep Kfufu away so far. She don't have battle experience yes but i don't exactly seen her "trying really hard" like you said.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think it's the opposite, Shy isn't distracting Kfufu, is Kfufu who's distracting Shy because the enemy wants to break Pepesha and mom can't fight against a fire user, add to that the hostage situation and the enviroment, the villains have total control over the situation.

Kfufu is relentless against Shy for this very purpose, and Shy is fighting but against an enemy like that it doesn't matter, you could cut off her head or open a hole in her chest and probably bubbles would come out or rainbows, that's why I hate those types and the multy gadgets types of hero, they're super broken

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 10:22AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

the villains have total control over the situation.

And the perfect environnement for the talk no jutsu bullshit too.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

the villains have total control over the situation.

And the perfect environnement for the talk no jutsu bullshit too.

I mean https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shy_ch21#6 look it yourself..... Shy was going to attack the mom first, Kfufu got in the way, SHY LITERALLY PUNCHED A HOLE TROUGH HER CHEST but it didn't work, what to do? try harder? I have a problem because you make it sound like it's Shy fault that everything is going awry or that she's incompetent

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

that she's incompetent

That point is true thought,Shy is still incompetent in battle experience. Don't make it sound like the only match against Stardust make her great all of a sudden

joined Aug 21, 2017

absolutely brutal flashback chapter holy shit

joined Mar 5, 2019

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENOA_yfWkAE0RGR.jpg)

I will cry even bigger tears than giant Pikachu. The amount of "bruhs" and "nooooos" and dramatic downward faced fist slammings on the floor will be The Most.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 5:12PM by Nezchan

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Damn, Pesha's mother got Joker'd

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lilliwyt posted:

that she's incompetent

That point is true thought,Shy is still incompetent in battle experience. Don't make it sound like the only match against Stardust make her great all of a sudden

There's a difference between incompetent and inexperienced. Shy is inexperienced. That doesn't make her incompetent. Incompetence is someone who should know how to do something but is still incapable of doing it.

last edited at Feb 2, 2020 5:37AM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

The one thing we can all agree on is that Smol Pesha is very cute. I want to hug her and give her snacks.

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 8:33PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Alice Cheshire posted:

Lilliwyt posted:

that she's incompetent

There's a difference between incompetent and inexperienced. Shy is inexperienced. That doesn't make her incompetent. Incompetence is someone who should know how to do something but is still incapable of doing it.

Yeah, I can't even imagine Stardust going against that crazy girl effectively, that's how illogical that character's power is... In fact, if the guy was there instead of Shy he would probably try to kill the mother asap regardless of what Pesha might feel...If he manages to shake off the joker.

aaah I need to read about this arc again because I forgot the detail about her mother, did Pesha ever said what supposedly happened to her mother? like, she was found dead or she disappeared one day ? I guess that after a couple of days the landlady decided to call the police and she ended up in the orphanage.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

did Pesha ever said what supposedly happened to her mother? like, she was found dead or she disappeared one day ?

I don't remember so. She just said that she go the orphonage because her mother was from here too but she never said how she die.

joined Jul 26, 2016

People generally notice corpses floating in rivers so unless supervillainy shit got involved already that far back (which seems rather unlikely) or the local authorities were staggeringly incompetent it should be assumed Pesha knows well enough.

Would be quite natural for her to not want to dwell on the details of such traumatic childhood memories unless absolutely necessary tho.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah but from her story, it makes it sound like the bad guys found her when she was just about to die drowning, so it makes me think that hey took her body and all right there when she was most vulnerable, because otherwise they took her from the grave with necromancy! and I know, it shouldn't think so hard when it comes to shonen with super powers but maybe the fact that they've been around for quite a lot of time is not a stretch.

There has to be a way for them to detect people's dark desires around the world and take advantage of it.

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 8:06AM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

The pages are all scrambled.

To reply you must either login or sign up.