Forum › flare discussion

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This was such a great an emotional story, I hope the rest of this book gets translated too.

Also the Wishful Thinking tag is a pretty bad spoiler, because of that as soon as the girlfriend appeared it was obvious what was happening.

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

Hmm where are the parents/teachers/any adult in this situation? I think writing for someone to kill themselves on table would warrant severe consequences? If you are going to make a "drama" one-shot at least make it somewhat believable holy lmao

Believe it or not, this kind of situation does exist in real life. It's called "Escapism" where your mind refuses to accept reality and believe the imaginary stuff in your head as the real 'reality.' It's not about seeking helps from parents or teachers, but it's more about accepting reality in one's self. In this story, for example, she's all alone with no friends or adult figures to talk about because she doesn't feel like she needs to--she got herself an imaginary girlfriend to talk with, after all. And even if she's talking about the issue with other people, it may work against her instead. More people might think of her as weird, she'd become depressed, and in turn becomes even more indulged into her own escapism.

As for escapism itself, humans have always found themselves in this kind of situation and tried to shun away the reality with anything that they see as the ideal 'reality.' Talking to an imaginary person, creating a make-believe life story inside their own head, indulging themselves in the reality of a certain story and thinking they're a part of it, the list goes on. This is why the only way out of it is to accept the reality, and the escapists themselves are the only ones who can do it. Other people who are truly supportive of them (and they're very, very rare) can only remind the escapists of the reality and not more, otherwise misunderstandings may occur and things could go downhill.

This is from someone speaking through experience as well. It happened to me, this whole story. Amidst my depression, I just found out that I'm actually gay and interested in one of my best friends. But I knew it would be impossible to be with him because other people (including him) would think of me as weird and dangerous. I feared my depression would've gone worse and led me to suicide, so I just imagined myself having him with me, thought that maybe I could get through my harsh situation. But the more I lived with it, the more it hurt every time I met the real deal. I didn't want him to hate me, we've been friends for years and he's always depended on me. Because of the consequences, I just thought that talking about it with other people would be meaningless, and I could never find the right place and time to talk about everything. So I ended up crying by myself every day, which is again another form of my escapism.

So yeah, this story is just as real as life itself. The problem isn't as simple as "Find adult figures to sort things out," it's more about accepting the reality. She has accepted the reality through more bullying, which is a slap to her sense of reality. Thus, her "Yuka" is finally gone from her mind.

straight_yuri
joined Jul 22, 2019

"Wishful Thinking" was such an absolute spoiler for this. It completely removed any potency from the twist, and a wonderful gut-punch instead became a frustrated read, devoid of any impact. I get tags are for finding things and avoiding others, but this is a bit much, I think.

Can people really not stomach reading a few pages of something that turns potentially unpleasant for them? Does everything in today's society have to have child-proofing and "rounded edges"?

Maybe the site could have an option tied to your account settings, where you can toggle "spoilery tags". So tags on certain works that would ruin an individual story can be hidden for those who don't want to be spoiled over potentially reading something that might not interest them, and not-hidden for those that simply want to avoid whatever might potentially discomfort them? (It would have to be per individual story, but it would be pretty obvious to the uploader what tags would spoil the story.)

Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

This was such a great an emotional story, I hope the rest of this book gets translated too.

That's the plan! :)

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 3:24AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ryu-chii posted:

That girl needs a therapist, are we all gonna overlook that?

what she need isn't a therapist (what can they do anyway?).

I see someone has really low opinion of therapists.

she need to be stronger mentaly (and retaliate against the bullying if necessary.)

And how exactly she would become stronger? By magic? Usually it's not easy to just go and change yourself by yourself. Most people need some kind of help. People supporting and pushing you to get better. Like some kind of... therapy.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I thought it was pretty obvious from the first panel Yuka showed up that she wasn't real so I didn't think the tags spoiled anything. What really made the manga was the emotional journey the character went on which is gaining confidence by herself (inner strength), and using that confidence to (accidentally) reach out and make a friend with someone else.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

No I don't agree that people should avoid looking at the tags to not get spoiled, looking at the tags help you understand what kind of manga it is and also to avoid certain stuff you might not like, I instantly avoid "cheating" and "futa" or "watersports". Also tags don't really tell you the whole story except for "cheating" and "wishful thinking", those two you can immediately put two and two together and voila, you just figured out the whole story, spoiled.

I think it's nice that they avoid using those tags when they can spoil a story's plot really easily, they usually only do it for the first couple days too and then end up tagging them along the way. So this is why I dissagree with that mentality, because in the end they get tagged anyways lol.

I need actual proof that the tags end up getting put eventually, because I could've sworn I've come across comics that have been up for months or even years and they lacked certain tags because of the staff's spoiler policy.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

That's the plan! :)

Neat! Thanks for the good job.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I need actual proof that the tags end up getting put eventually, because I could've sworn I've come across comics that have been up for months or even years and they lacked certain tags because of the staff's spoiler policy.

You say that is if there is a spoiler policy. It's pretty much completely random what does get accurately tagged and what doesn't.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

idk how I feel after reading this

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

And then she confessed, again, and got rejected, again, and then jumped from some roof.

The End.

God damn

Images%20(1)
joined Jul 25, 2019

Bittersweet feels man.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

At least tell me she's going to be okay...

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

This reminds me of the yuri cage story, imo

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 10:13PM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Ryu-chii posted:

That girl needs a therapist, are we all gonna overlook that?

what she need isn't a therapist (what can they do anyway?).

I see someone has really low opinion of therapists.

she need to be stronger mentaly (and retaliate against the bullying if necessary.)

And how exactly she would become stronger? By magic? Usually it's not easy to just go and change yourself by yourself. Most people need some kind of help. People supporting and pushing you to get better. Like some kind of... therapy.

Exactly, that's like saying someone who's injured should just "get stronger and be better." Healing requires active effort, reevaluation, and often can't be done alone. Running on a broken limb is gonna cause longer-term damage that could have been avoided, and there's an easier and kinder way to live.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

For some reason this feels appropriate right about now.

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

warm

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

We never saw "Yukiel" before, and she immediately is super-okay with Sayoko. Also, no one else is ever around to comment on them. Lucky thing she was there to replace Sayoko's imaginary girlfriend, isn't it? I mean, really, really lucky.

joined Sep 26, 2022

As soon as i saw yuka being sad i knew that she was some sort of illusion

To reply you must either login or sign up.