Forum › Sakura Trick discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riz5bO1GayY

I am speechless.

Isn't internet culture a wondrous thing?

It would not be the internet without glorious works of art like those.

OMG I know right?!Majestic as fuck!

joined Mar 11, 2015

seriously where is chapters 9 - 25, i had to watch the anime in hopes that the chapters that i cant find were as accurate in the anime as 0-8 were, but i still want to read volume 2 but i cant find it anywhere!

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I wanted to get back to this manga... 2 volume gap. Hum no, maybe another time when I will have the courage to go search for the raw of these two volume x)

Mig
joined Jun 25, 2015

So I hope there will be a Season 2 !! I watched the anime when it came out and since then I really start loving Yuri thanks to Shizuku x Kotone ♡

MITSUKI X RINA

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I doubt there'll be a season 2. The first one didn't work that well. Not bad, but not good either.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The Oricon charts don't count international sales(though they collect the data), which I expect were probably disproportionately high for this series. But if they were high enough to make the production committee sit up and take notice, the manga publisher would've almost certainly been tripping over themselves trying to license it for sale in the west; since nobody's announced it, I'd surmise they didn't reach any higher than "at least somebody liked it" levels.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I wanted to get back to this manga... 2 volume gap. Hum no, maybe another time when I will have the courage to go search for the raw of these two volume x)

those chapters were skipped because the anime covers them.

65752315_p1
joined May 1, 2014

Mitsuki is annoying -_-

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

Well this all seems very familiar. That said I can't imagine Mitsuki making a move on Haruka at this point, given how it ended before. So I just hope she doesn't get in the way and actually adds to the story, possibly progressing Yuu and Haruka's relationship, thought that may be too much to ask for.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 6:19PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Mikan is never going to notice, Kaede. Just confess

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Haha, Kaede knows what's up

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

oh look Mitsuki still sucks

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

flips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riz5bO1GayY

I am speechless.

Can we give them award of some sort XD?

Yuri Guy

those chapters were skipped because the anime covers them.

Anime covers them faithfully? I read somewhere that manga and anime branch at some point.

If they don't, I'll probably start reading manga again, but I'm not trilled then. I was really take aback by conclusion, that Haruka has no idea what love is and that she and Yuu don't even consider what they are doing dating. Entire scene with Mitsuki's confession was so painful to watch. No matter how dense you are, If you are in high school, you has to know at least that if you are kissing and doing stuff with your "best friend" that means that you love each other and are dating. I just couldn't believe she was so naive (stupid) to not realize that. So basically, because they wanted to be special to one another, they became sex friends? I just couldn't look at their relationship in serious manner anymore and that turned me off to entire series. I understand it's 4-koma and Haruka's failing to notice that Misuki is serious for a joke was something I should expect, but there were way better ways to do that. That is my problem. Was it joke? Was it serious scene? Because either way, I couldn't stand it.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 10:17PM

joined Apr 6, 2013

Anime covers them faithfully? I read somewhere that manga and anime branch at some point.

If they don't, I'll probably start reading manga again, but I'm not trilled then. I was really take aback by conclusion, that Haruka has no idea what love is and that she and Yuu don't even consider what they are doing dating. Entire scene with Mitsuki's confession was so painful to watch. No matter how dense you are, If you are in high school, you has to know at least that if you are kissing and doing stuff with your "best friend" that means that you love each other and are dating. I just couldn't believe she was so naive (stupid). So basically, because they wanted to be special to one another, they became sex friends? I just couldn't look at their relationship in serious manner anymore and that turned me off to entire series. I understand it's 4-koma and Haruka's failing to notice that Misuki is serious for a joke was something I should expect, but there were way better ways to do that. That is my problem. Was it joke? Was it serious scene? Because either way, I couldn't stand it.

The anime is very close to the chapters it covers.

Haruka is kind of an idiot, but further chapter in the manga do show that while the two are a bit naïve in their feelings they do understand that they are not a normal relationship. Yuu also outright comes to the conclusion that she is in love with Haruka, but keeps it to herself.

All in all, it seems the two are still in the exploring phase of their relationship. Though the cynical thought is that the two are in the infamous S-relationship

Still it's a cute manga/anime that I don't think is meant to be heavily analyzed.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Thanks for clarification Hoskins88.

Still it's a cute manga/anime that I don't think is meant to be heavily analyzed.

I know. I was reading/watching it only because we finally got yuri with kisses and actual couple from the start. That was my problem. I thought they were aware that they crossed the line and become lovers, that is why I was so shocked when in last episode they proudly announced that they weren't >.>

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 10:30PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i always figured that they are confused about their relationship because they essentially started backwards. its usually [confession -> dating -> lovers] or something similar but haruka and yuu are going [lovers -> dating -> confession].

mitsuki went the traditional route and that is what threw haruka for a loop. to her, [lovers -> dating -> confession] is the norm so she didnt understand what mitsuki was talking about.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 11:15PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

i always figured that they are confused about their relationship because they essentially started backwards. its usually [confession -> dating -> lovers] or something similar but haruka and yuu are going [lovers -> dating -> confession].

mitsuki went the traditional route and that is what threw haruka for a loop. to her, [lovers -> dating -> confession] is the norm so she didnt understand what mitsuki was talking about.

Thing is, that it seems like they are COMPLETELY unaware of what love is or even dating. It's as if it is a foreign concept that does not cross their mind at any time (yet Haruka fantasizes about being married with Yuu (and Yuu thought she was gonna marry her)). They are so unbelievably ignorant (and dense) about the matter that it makes no sense, specially for high school girls.

last edited at Jul 14, 2015 1:14AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I know. I was reading/watching it only because we finally got yuri with kisses and actual couple from the start. That was my problem. I thought they were aware that they crossed the line and become lovers, that is why I was so shocked when in last episode they proudly announced that they weren't >.>

I know how you feel. That last episode was a slap in the face for me. I was like: "What? Seriously?" Now I know what the title really means.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Ikeno Kaede
"Makes a good pair with Yuzu"

YESWEFLIPPINGKNOWNOWSTOPTEASINGUSALREADYTACHISENSEI

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Thing is, that it seems like they are COMPLETELY unaware of what love is or even dating. It's as if it is a foreign concept that does not cross their mind at any time (yet Haruka fantasizes about being married with Yuu (and Yuu thought she was gonna marry her)). They are so unbelievably ignorant (and dense) about the matter that it makes no sense, specially for high school girls.

I think it's a bit too harsh to use such absolute language. Yuu clearly has a brighter picture of what's going on with her heart, and Haruka may be dense and a bit ditzy but she absolutely knows 100% she values Yuu above anyone else, and the kisses do hold a very special meaning to both of them.

So while by no means experts in love, they have a qualified understanding of the concept and also a high level of confidence in what they think of each other.

joined Jul 7, 2015

Ikeno Kaede
"Makes a good pair with Yuzu"
YESWEFLIPPINGKNOWNOWSTOPTEASINGUSALREADYTACHISENSEI

Just what I was thinking.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Lol was I the only one thinking that prez SumiSumi was hiding the umbrellas for the school image as a yuri wonderland lol would have been funnier if she had been in the shadows going "yes...yes." while twirling her fake mustache
^_^

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Am I the only one who thinks the ending of the anime actually reinforces how much they love each other?

joined Apr 6, 2013

Am I the only one who thinks the ending of the anime actually reinforces how much they love each other?

I certainly saw that, given the "I love you" make out and Haruka being quite happy to think that her and Yuu are a couple.

But I do also see how people were confused as to how the Two had no idea what they were doing. Still they are young enough that its on the edge of believability. What high school kid understands love anyway?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I think it's a bit too harsh to use such absolute language. Yuu clearly has a brighter picture of what's going on with her heart, and Haruka may be dense and a bit ditzy but she absolutely knows 100% she values Yuu above anyone else, and the kisses do hold a very special meaning to both of them.

So while by no means experts in love, they have a qualified understanding of the concept and also a high level of confidence in what they think of each other.

I re-watched last episode before posting so I won't miss anything in my rant and at least at the point where anime ends, its exactly as flips described it.

Scene in the kitchen:
After Haruka and Yuu started kissing in front of Mitsuki, she jumps between them:
Mitsuki: Yuu, you haven't told Haruka-san you love her, have you?
Yuu: What the hell you are talking about?! This was something that Haruka and I decided! We have special relationship and it's fine. We're doing it because we're special.
Mitsuki: That's right. You kiss because you have special feelings for each other. Then... I have a chance, too.
Haruka: What do you mean?
Mitsuki: That's right. I love you Haruka-san. Please go out with me.
End of scene

Confession after school:
Mitsuki: I would like to hear your answer to what I asked you.
Haruka: Answer? I love you too, president Mitsuki.
Mitsuki: Huh?! What? You really love me? But you have Yuu... Oh I see! You haven't confessed to each other, have you? So, we can start going out?!
Haruka: Going at it?
Mitsuki: Going out!
Haruka: Go out and do what? (at this point I was honestly thinking, she was just trolling Mitsuki and I was waiting for punchline)
Mitsuki: Well... Holding hands... going out together... staying night at each other's houses... Well, to put it bluntly, something like dating, maybe? Kissing and such, too.
Haruka: (Thinking) The same thing I'm always doing with Yuu-chan!
Haruka: Huh? That means that Yuu-chan and I...
Mitsuki: You really don't understand what I mean by "love", do you?
Haruka: I do!
Mitsuki: You don't!
Haruka: Maybe... you're right. I'll think about it with Yuu-chan. What your love means.
Scene is little longer, but confession ends here.

At this point I was disappointed, but was still thinking. Ok, so they really have no idea what love and going out is. But it's ok, after that conversation they surly realized what their "special relationship" really is. And then this scene happened:

Haruka and Yuu sits in empty classroom:
Haruka: Yuu-chan, you did hear it, didn't you? What I and president Mitsuki talked about.
Yuu: Yeah
Haruka: I see. Hey, Yuu-chan... Do you know the meaning? The meaning of president Mitsuki's "love"?
Yuu: Onee-chan is weird because she's been studying too hard for her entrance exams!
Haruka: No, not that... I wonder what kind of love I have for you. I thought it was the same as president Mitsuki's, but I was told it's not. We hold hands, we go out together, we even sleep at each other's houses...
Yuu: We've kissed too.
Haruka: Right?
Yuu: Haruka?
Haruka: Hmm?
Yuu: I love you (and she kisses her) I thought I might figure it out if I kissed you while saying I love you.
Haruka: Did you figure anything? Let's do it again! I'll do it this time.
They kisses while saying "I love you" for a while.
Yuu: Did you figure anything?
Haruka: I feel like I kinda did, but really didn't.
Yuu: I see.
Haruka: I wonder if I'll ever figure out what president Mitsuki meant.
Yuu: Of course you will! Even onee-chan knows you will!
End of scene.

My jaw is dropped. They still don't get it after all that?!

I understand. It's comedy, it's supposed to be fluffy and funny, Haruka is a airhead, but I just can't suspend my disbelief that 2 high-school girls were so close and cared so much about each other that they wanted to be special, without knowing what love or dating is. Were they sheltered? Never saw any drama in tv, read manga or heard any of friends talking about love? I don't deny that they are aware of their feelings, but even when Haruka was fangirling about Shizuka and Kotone "They are like us!" she simply couldn't do that without common knowledge about dating and love. Or did she think they are just "special friends" like she and Yuu? Maybe in manga they become a real couple, but anime just seriously pissed me off.

To reply you must either login or sign up.