Forum › Sakura Trick discussion

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Well shit, who will work on this now? (also this may sound very harsh but im kinda glad it wont be lazy lily any-more, for a fansub group all they did was moan and shout at each other, it was doomed from the start)

I've been the editor for Sakura Trick since April, and not even once I witnessed shouting at each other. Furthermore, the "hiatus" post is dated november 9, and yet we released a new chapter yesterday, didn't we? We just have a really really lazy translator, which complicates matters. I love this stupid manga too much to let it go, so as long as I'm on board I'll do whatever I can to keep it going. If people are glad it won't be us anymore, I just hope someone else will pick it up, then.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just a reminder here, don't hate on the scanlators. Groups may have issues, but they're all volunteers putting in the work to do what we all love. Don't make it harder on them.

By all means point out mistakes when they crop up, but don't get personal about it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Queenky: So you guys aren't out of the picture yet? What a relief, why not ask another group for support at least until you get your things sorted out? Well either way I/we apreciate what you're doing thank you!

joined Apr 9, 2014

@Queenky NOOOOOO your work is appreciated :c

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Love triangles can be nice (though I'm not too fond of them myself) when there is an actual chance for the two "contenders" to "win", so to speak.

Reason why the one in Sakura Trick was so crappy was mostly because Haruka and Yuu were already pretty much together way before Mitsuki came in the picture, so yeah, it felt totally forced and useless as there was just no chance for her to get Haruka without completely messing up the whole story.

It wasn't just forced, it even went so far as to make me completely hate Mitsuki as a character. Trying to steal someone from someone is bad enough, but when that person is also your own sister? Dick move.

The problem with triangles to me, is that no matter who's chosen, there's always someone left behind. So regardless of the outcome, it always ends up un-satisfying. Unless one of the characters is a bitch, of course. I know some people like Mitsuki, but to be honest, I don't, that's my personal opinion on the matter (I'm entitled to one)! :D

This is exactly why I hate Mitsuki too and I curse the anime for focusing on that arc completely, yet I know that route would be the only way people would watch it. Also yes I totally agree with the rest of what you said.

65752315_p1
joined May 1, 2014

Watched all the anime today, I didn't like all the stuff with Mitsuki, was weird... but I'm happy to start reading manga again :D

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

You guys are crazy, Mitsuki was the only one that actually tried to make Haruka face reality and actually think about what she wants from Yuu while trying to figure her own problems and being selfish enough to know what she herself wants

joined Jul 5, 2014

You guys are crazy, Mitsuki was the only one that actually tried to make Haruka face reality and actually think about what she wants from Yuu while trying to figure her own problems and being selfish enough to know what she herself wants

That's really how you saw it?
Here's how I saw it -> Mitsuki knew that Yuu (her sister) had a 'special' kind of relationship with Haruka, a person who she didn't even know visually, let alone on any personal kind of level. She only knew her through how often Yuu talked about her, and was curious as to why she'd had such an affect on her. She started to develop feelings for her from there on...

She caught the two of them kissing in Yuu's room and knew that their relationship was more than just friendship, and instantly tried to stop it out of jealousy. Even going so far as to get their OWN FRIENDS to spy on them and report back to her on what they were doing.

The second Yuu showed any kind of weakness and confusion between the relationship between Haruka and herself (which is natural for someone that age with a lot less experience than her older sister), she immediately took that chance to pull the rug out from under Yuu and try to take Haruka for herself.

No matter how you look at it, she's just a bitch and, an even worse sister.

/essay

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

That's really how you saw it?
Here's how I saw it -> Mitsuki knew that Yuu (her sister) had a 'special' kind of relationship with Haruka, a person who she didn't even know visually, let alone on any personal kind of level. She only knew her through how often Yuu talked about her, and was curious as to why she'd had such an affect on her. She started to develop feelings for her from there on...

She caught the two of them kissing in Yuu's room and knew that their relationship was more than just friendship, and instantly tried to stop it out of jealousy. Even going so far as to get their OWN FRIENDS to spy on them and report back to her on what they were doing.

The second Yuu showed any kind of weakness and confusion between the relationship between Haruka and herself (which is natural for someone that age with a lot less experience than her older sister), she immediately took that chance to pull the rug out from under Yuu and try to take Haruka for herself.

No matter how you look at it, she's just a bitch and, an even worse sister.

/essay

General agreement

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Wow so much Mitsuki hate you guys are forgetting that she's very naive and has 0 romance experience, I'm not defending her actions but I understand them to an extend.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

In the end everything is a moot point since neither Yuu or Haruka fully understand their relationship (and Haruka is way too much of an airhead to seriously see anyone but Yuu on a romantic light)

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

neither Yuu or Haruka fully understand their relationship

This is actually why i liked Mitsuki, the friends with benefits relationship of Yuu and Haruke surely provides enough yuri for the eyes but they still acted like close friends most of the time, Mitsuki actually brought more yuri elements with her conscious gayness
Although Yuu and Haruka did deliver some time or another, that 2 episode thing about the marriage and them being overly conscious later was great, damn i wanted more of that

last edited at Nov 29, 2014 6:00PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I don't hate her as a character, I hate her as the unnecessary third wheel she was most of the time.

Haruka and Yuu already have romantic feelings for each other (tho they pulled that anime card "I don't understand what love is", which is nonsensical, really hate that trope). Mitsuki's involvement amounted to nothing in the end (like in most love triangles). And the romantic development that has happened happened on it's own between Haruka and Yuu with nobody cockblocking(lol) them, no "picking". Cut off Mitsuki's involvment in the whole thing and they will be standing in the same exact place as they are now. It was also so forced into the picture as others have pointed out, There was a lot of hate towards her due to all this... Also trying to steal Haruka RIGHT INFRONT of Yuu was a fucking DICK move.

Personally hate love triangles because they stop romantic development from happening. Making chapter after chapter of running around in circles feel like a massive mindnumbing drag of nothingness... and when someone is finally "picked" it feels like artificial development, which tends to be VERY predictable as well. Also, they are cheap and easy drama fuel, it's a cliche I stumble into so much since I gave a shot to the romance genre in general, it is ALL over the place, I am so tired of it that it irritates me.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Don't hate the player hate the game is appropriate here Mitsuki isn't a bad character her troupe is terrible love triangles don't work unless is just for comedy it's the same problem I had with Strawberry Panic it was a huge mess. I'm not even sure why the author fell that was necessary considering the rest of the series, but I guess you can see it as a sibling rivalry? either way I REALLY hope that gets dropped before the story ends.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Lina -> Miku(You know who)
Miku -> Haluka
Sumisumi -> Haluka
Haluka <-> Yuu
Kaede -> Orange
Shizuku <-> Kotone

And fuck that.
(But then again, maybe I can expect the skipped chapters translated if another group were to pick this up?)

last edited at Nov 29, 2014 10:41PM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

don't worry guys, she just needs some boobs to rest on. Don't we all wish to have some boobs to rest on sometimes?
I'm feeling you SumiSumi

Lol, ikr? SumiSumi should just hook up with Mitsuki already and then both their problems will be solved.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Dang it Haruka was so close to stripping Yuu! xD

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Holy crap that was close! lol @ Haruka shipping Yuzu x Kaede again.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

All these manga updates today make me very happy, indeed =w=

Holy crap this is getting lewd. Maybe someday we can see some nsfw? (wishful thinking) lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"Haruka turned scary for a second"
I love this

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Haruka knows her shipping. XD

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

"someone seems oddly happy so i'll stop"
Yuzu's anti-lesbian senses are tingling.

Also keep trying Haruka, one day you will finally be able to strip yuu, one day......
Seriously though i sense a budding love triangle and i swear to fucking god if this continues.......

last edited at Dec 23, 2014 5:51AM

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

This is kyaaah worthy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.