Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

The last page is missing a text bubble. It's supposed to say:

"Nee-chan...you idiot...I want you to be my mama."

Iftv
joined Jun 3, 2023

I KNEW SHE WAS A SISCON

joined Feb 11, 2022

Well, that was certainly unexpected (at least to me).
If it weren't for the fact that it's her own sister we are talking about, I would have no doubt that the last few pages imply that she likes Aki.
If we rule that out (I certainly hope that's the case), a second option would be that she has a crush on Shiho (Edit: I have just read the chapter in English and now this seems very unlikely), which would also be pretty strange since I don't remember seeing them interact or even Miki mentioning her (I'm sure she did, but nothing relevant). Still, I wouldn't dislike it, to be honest.

A third option would be some trauma related to her old boyfriend (which she mentioned to Hima at the beginning of the series). Although, being a manga where men basically don't exist, I doubt the author wants to put too much emphasis on anything related to him. Maybe Miki lied, and she never even had a boyfriend to begin with? Maybe it's just that she feels more lonely and "left behind" now that Aki has found a partner?

Another option would be that the author came out with this out of nowhere to extend the series, of course.

In any case, I hope Shiho plays an active role again in this Arc, helping Aki with whatever problem Miki is facing.

Edit 2: In the anime, they replaced the mention of Miki's boyfriend with a "partner" instead. Interesting.

This isn't super surprising to me, we always knew Miki was a bit of a siscon

Huh, I don't think I ever suspected that. Maybe I should reread the first chapters.

last edited at May 20, 2024 6:43PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well, that was certainly unexpected (at least to me).
If it weren't for the fact that it's her own sister we are talking about, I would have no doubt that the last few pages imply that she likes Aki.
If we rule that out (I certainly hope that's the case), a second option would be that she has a crush on Shiho, which would also be pretty strange since I don't remember seeing them interact or even Miki mentioning her (I'm sure she did, but nothing relevant). Still, I wouldn't dislike it, to be honest.

A third option would be some trauma related to her old boyfriend (which she mentioned to Hima at the beginning of the series). Although, being a manga where men basically don't exist, I doubt the author wants to put too much emphasis on anything related to him. Maybe Miki lied, and she never even had a boyfriend to begin with? Maybe it's just that she feels more lonely and "left behind" now that Aki has found a partner?

Another option would be that the author came out with this out of nowhere to extend the series, of course.

In any case, I hope Shiho plays an active role again in this Arc, helping Aki with whatever problem Miki is facing.

Huh, I don't think I ever suspected that. Maybe I should reread the first chapters.

Yeah I always thought she was only fond of her sister, as a sister. Not a siscon, so I didn't see this coming myself.

Ummm... I don't like where this is going to be honest. Like please be something else, please. At least the “incest” plot in Citrus they are half sisters that didn't grow up together or were raised by their parents, they were strangers, Mei and Yuzu's parents relationship is weird, not the point. Here, in sasakoi if they are going that pat is blood related incest, it's gonna ruin this story for me.

Adding I was expecting a messy story with HajimexMomoka and being in love with the girlfriend of your deceased sister.... please no incestplot.

I think in Ctirus they're step-sisters, half-sisters they would be blood related still. Half-sibling means your parent had a kid with another person, so they're half related to you, but still a sibling all the same. Step-sibling is when your parent remarries and they have kids already. Which is the case in Citrus if I remember correctly, where Citrus being controversial for the "incest" is really an almost non existent factor, due to them not being blood relations and dating almost as soon as their parents married, they didn't grow up together or anything. It's basically a way for Citrus to be "taboo" and have the characters live together.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Edit 2: In the anime, they replaced the mention of Miki's boyfriend with a "partner" instead. Interesting.

It's at 6:50 of episode 3 if anyone wants to check. Himari uses the term "koibito", which to my knowledge is gender neutral and often translated as "lover". Miki talking about it also sounds gender neutral...but somebody who actually understands Japanese should verify my amateur understanding.

Really it'd be best to look at the manga raws to see what's said there.

RileysticDani
Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

Ummm... I don't like where this is going to be honest. Like please be something else, please. At least the “incest” plot in Citrus they are half sisters that didn't grow up together or were raised by their parents, they were strangers, Mei and Yuzu's parents relationship is weird, not the point. Here, in sasakoi if they are going that pat is blood related incest, it's gonna ruin this story for me.

Adding I was expecting a messy story with HajimexMomoka and being in love with the girlfriend of your deceased sister.... please no incestplot.

I think in Ctirus they're step-sisters, half-sisters they would be blood related still. Half-sibling means your parent had a kid with another person, so they're half related to you, but still a sibling all the same. Step-sibling is when your parent remarries and they have kids already. Which is the case in Citrus if I remember correctly, where Citrus being controversial for the "incest" is really an almost non existent factor, due to them not being blood relations and dating almost as soon as their parents married, they didn't grow up together or anything. It's basically a way for Citrus to be "taboo" and have the characters live together.

Yeah, step sisters, english is not my first language and forgot the correct term. And exactly, you expressed my exact point of view with better words.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Uh why would anyone think that Miki has a crush on Shiho?

joined Jun 19, 2021

Mostly copium tbh, since it really seems like it'd have to be her or Aki and that second option seems unpopular.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Mostly copium tbh, since it really seems like it'd have to be her or Aki and that second option seems unpopular.

Her issue could also be unrelated to crushes on either of them. Her support of Aki didn't really lean romantic before this chapter but I guess it's not completely out of the realm of possibility considering how little Miki has been involved. She can make Miki however she wants, since she's been mostly a blank slate.

last edited at May 20, 2024 8:38PM

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

The second option is the only option that makes sense though since Miki was shown to obsess over Aki since chapter 1. I don't think she ever cared about Shiho before.

last edited at May 20, 2024 8:35PM

joined Jun 7, 2019

i really hope it’s just bait plz be normal miki
if it’s really incest well…it’s gonna be awkward…i will not like it but i think i can handle it cuz it’s pretty obvious they won’t have a thing

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

i really hope it’s just bait plz be normal miki
if it’s really incest well…it’s gonna be awkward…i will not like it but i think i can handle it cuz it’s pretty obvious they won’t have a thing

The fact that, that's obvious is the main reason I'd at least initially be skeptical of the decision. The author has already stated her main couples and main interests moving forward are AkiShiho + YoriHima, and Aki won't suddenly do a 180. So it's not a secret it would have nowhere to go, especially with Miki's potential partner properly introduced. Another reason I'm leaning against there being anything romantic, though I could see Miki's feeling disgruntled. Execution is what matters at the end of the day though, so we'll see.

last edited at May 20, 2024 9:42PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yeah I always thought she was only fond of her sister, as a sister. Not a siscon, so I didn't see this coming myself.

Just to clarify, the term siscon doesn't have to have incestuous implications. It's also frequently used when a sibling is just a bit too focused/possessive/concerned/protective about their sister~ Miki fangirling over Aki fits that bill, though it's not as obvious as it could've been with a bit more previous screen time

joined Feb 11, 2022

Well, it is more of a wish than anything else, since no one with a healthy mind would prefer the other option. In any case, Miki's issue with Aki will most likely not be romantic. At least not in a literal sense.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah, step sisters, english is not my first language and forgot the correct term. And exactly, you expressed my exact point of view with better words.

Very understandable, glad I could help.

Just to clarify, the term siscon doesn't have to have incestuous implications. It's also frequently used when a sibling is just a bit too focused/possessive/concerned/protective about their sister~ Miki fangirling over Aki fits that bill, though it's not as obvious as it could've been with a bit more previous screen time

Fair, I'm mostly familiar with the term being associated with the incest implication so that's where my thoughts go.

Well, it is more of a wish than anything else, since no one with a healthy mind would prefer the other option. In any case, Miki's issue with Aki will most likely not be romantic. At least not in a literal sense.

I wouldn't go as far as saying "no one with a healthy mind", it's not the route I want the story to go here, but it's also not something I'm going to say people are unhealthy for enjoying. Especially with this story being fictional, and there's way worse things in media out there.

joined Apr 6, 2013

It's hilarious the amount of people sucking on hard copium trying to come up with any reason for Miki's actions other than that we now have to add an incest tag. Come on, she never even met Shiho and from day one was going on and on about her sister. Just accept it and move on.

Plus it's not like it's actually going to happen Aki is with Shiho. Just another fun arc

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Isn't it a bit early to assume she's in love with either her own sister or a girl she never met?
The way she reacted makes me think she's mad at all of them for something else, maybe for their breach of her privacy.

Sorawoavsleep2
joined May 11, 2024

Well, it is more of a wish than anything else, since no one with a healthy mind would prefer the other option.

y'all need to calm down about incest

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Isn't it a bit early to assume she's in love with either her own sister or a girl she never met?
The way she reacted makes me think she's mad at all of them for something else, maybe for their breach of her privacy.

She was crying at the last page when she remembered Aki saying she's dating Shiho and wanted to support the girl who confessed to Miki. What do you think this scene is trying to imply?

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Strange that people are getting bent out of shape about Miki's apparent crush on her sister. Girls having a special relationship with their Onee-sama is an important part of Yuri's history.

last edited at May 21, 2024 10:12AM

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

That chapter was extremely cringy, to the premature celebration to the implied incest at the end, Ngl I kinda was hoping the story was wrapping up after the Shiho stuff I have no idea why they decided to keep going with this angle

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I actually really like the sister so I'm glad we get some focus before the story wraps up... but if we're going there too, how about one last random couple? maybe with a teacher hahahaha just kidding, if that was a possibility, a sexy sensei would've been introduced long ago

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Strap in boys, s'looking like we're in for another 29 chapter melodrama.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Ladies and gentlemen, the captain has turned on the seatbelt sign. Please return to your seat and assume crash positions.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Goddammit, guys, jumped the gun and ruined it all...

To reply you must either login or sign up.