Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

I must say the drawing is very nice. The story... I still don't know.

yeah bonus chapter 1 page 3 looks very nice

joined Apr 16, 2014

This manga manages to make my heart hurt for Amane in every update

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Just done a re-read.... DERR AAAH MAAAH! Although there is some blatantly obvious shit going on (past relationship crap, possessive childhood friend etc) I need more chapters to decide what the hell is up with these characters... kinda realized Nene has a fair bit of interest in TarouTarou since earlier than I originally expected tho (I'm talking like before the date I think?). Anyway, we'll wait and see I guess

DschingisKhan
joined Feb 18, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch04#12

This page right here seems really important to me, because the rest of the chapter basically spells out that Nene wants to smile. Amane being so blithe about something that is clearly shown to be a long term trauma point tells me she's oblivious to how Nene feels and corroborates what I thought earlier: I think it's very plausible that Amane unwittingly drove a wedge between them by assuming Nene was fine being in that box.

Why break up on graduation day? Because that's the day you take a lot of photos. You're supposed to be happy. You're supposed to smile. Something was the final straw.

Alternatively, Nene was given an ultimatum by some shitty person. Hayama or her family or her garbage ass manager. Or she may have even done it to herself because she was too happy and she couldn't help smiling; something that she's told repeatedly isn't for her.

Also, Kou is clearly feeling conflicted because she likes them both and she never learned that triangles are the strongest shape.

Eh
joined Dec 16, 2014

I really want Amane to move on and realize sometimes people just lose interest in their own partner. I hope she find someone else better and not senpai please for the love of the author. Not senpai.

Profile_picture_by_sejuani_winterswrath-d6lk1uw
joined May 18, 2013

Dudeeee my heart!!.

Am I the only one doesnt think sempai had anything to do with their break up?.

joined Jul 3, 2017

damn my heart breaks for amane ;(((

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dudeeee my heart!!.

Sempai is only one of several possibilities (that we know of), but she's the most obviously duplicitous and manipulative person that we've seen so far.

So if there is a reason for the breakup beyond Nene's loss of interest in/tolerance for Amane due to natural causes, sempai is the #1 suspect at this point, simply because she has a potential motive to separate the two.

Evidence against that theory: Nene seemed genuinely surprised that Hayama was aware that Nene and Amane had previously been in a romantic relationship. So if sempai did have anything to do with Nene's change in attitude, it would have had to have been indirectly.

Some other elements that haven't been mentioned: something that I myself have overstressed is Amane's surprise at the the graduation-day breakup; she specifically says that Nene had been getting distant all during their third year. BUT Nene still applied to the same high school.

That last part is one reason (of several) to see Nene's reason for the breakup as at least more ambiguous than her explanation--she had the opportunity to make a clean break then and didn't take it.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Basic human decency dictates that you actually tell a person why you break up with them and don't just make a half-assed excuse.

Without even looking the person in the eye. . . .

I suppose we should be thankful that she didn't break up with a text.

I saw a poll a while back that said a slight majority do this even though majority hate being broken up with that way.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I suppose we should be thankful that she didn't break up with a text.

I saw a poll a while back that said a slight majority do this even though majority hate being broken up with that way.

It's in human nature to avoid painful confrontations. It's an emotionless and quick solution, almost painless if you manage to ghost them afterwards.

Some people cannot look another in the eye when they feel guilty or bad.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Pfft. Someone said the discussion around this story has been rather nice. I was gonna agree. For the most part. But I can't find it. Gotta snooze now.

joined Apr 23, 2019

Like, everyone is doing evil to each others in this manga, some consciously, some unaware...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Your username is the Serbocroatobosniomontenegrin word for firefly, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I agree, Amane. It's all wrong T_T

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 2:40AM

joined Feb 18, 2013

I honestly think that's on the less likely end of the spectrum myself. But it's still possible.

Question this series is part of Comic Yuri Hime right? So does that mean that the new chapter will be out on the 18th, like with Citrus Plus & My Unrequited Love?

joined Oct 7, 2017

Love the manga and the plot so far, even though ugh it's so painful to watch Amane getting hurt. But totally loved how unpredictable it is so far.

On a side note, the camera nerd in me was so STOKED to see so many different types of camera bodies and lenses. Like, asdfghjkl excited. I know this manga is never going to head for the seinen route where they start to go all technical and spout out stats (and it should stay that way), but also Iwami Kiyoko did an amazing job putting together a list of distinctively different but equally expensive high end-ish camera bodies and lenses XD. One thing I wished was Iwami would draw a thicker straps for the cameras, especially like the one in https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch06#5 cos that set up is heavy and lizard girl deserves better ergonomics.

What I'm so excited about is that Kou and lizard girl have now gone into my list of fictional lesbian photographers, with Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura being the first one XD.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Love the manga and the plot so far, even though ugh it's so painful to watch Amane getting hurt. But totally loved how unpredictable it is so far.

On a side note, the camera nerd in me was so STOKED to see so many different types of camera bodies and lenses. Like, asdfghjkl excited. I know this manga is never going to head for the seinen route where they start to go all technical and spout out stats (and it should stay that way), but also Iwami Kiyoko did an amazing job putting together a list of distinctively different but equally expensive high end-ish camera bodies and lenses XD. One thing I wished was Iwami would draw a thicker straps for the cameras, especially like the one in https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch06#5 cos that set up is heavy and lizard girl deserves better ergonomics.

Looks to me like Hayama is using a Canon 5D series body. The long lens looks like one of the long zooms, as indicated by the straight barrel and the the depth-of-field gauge mid-barrel, maybe the 70-200mm/f2.8.

Her shorter lens (as seen in Chap. 3) is pretty generic, so I can’t tell. Canon normal lenses tend to be pretty short and/or tapered in at the body, so that could be a 60mm macro.

I also can’t tell much about Kou’s rig. The back dials look like a Canon, but the front reminds me more of Nikon at times. (Faceplates are blank, of course.) I don’t know much about rangefinders, either, so I don’t know what her old camera would be. Looks like a nice one, though.

(That’s obviously one of those Fujifilm Instax Minis in Chapter 4. My money would be on Kou going for a pink one, although the purple or lime green wouldn’t be out of the question.)

Lumasmall
joined Feb 17, 2018

Question this series is part of Comic Yuri Hime right? So does that mean that the new chapter will be out on the 18th, like with Citrus Plus & My Unrequited Love?

Correct. No promises on how long it'll take to get translated though.

Correct. No promises on how long it'll take to get translated though.

Thank you.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

I read the chapter 7 and wow, I really want to puch Nene's face.

If anyone want's to see the raw's go here

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 3:10PM

I read the chapter 7 and wow, I really want to puch Nene's face.

I would have to agree she being a jerk at the moment yes, hopefully it will be fix in the next chapter.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Don't tease me too much you guys. The suspense is killing me at the rate of a medium-spreading lead poisoning.

Anyway I'm going to go on a limb here, & say that chapter's 1 through 5 is Vol 1. And chapter's 6 & 7 are going to be in Vol 2.

To reply you must either login or sign up.