Forum › The Person I Hate discussion

joined Dec 18, 2016

the art is different but the story is so mochi

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Did Mochi changed art style? owo

And the credits are the very first thing after the title, too.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Seriously, it says who the artist is right next to the chapter title.

I am not sure that this girl chose the best stratagem to get her way. Constanlty talking to the one you hate to separate them doesn't really get you closer to the one you love. I get the playful asymmetry though.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

THAT WAS PLEASANT, Mochi Au Lait-sensei should stick to writing only, get an average/good illustrator to get it done and you're all set

I don't mind their art; I just want more than 4 page chapters.

I feel like the entire yuri genre has turned into these mini-chapters in the last year or two. Whatever happened to actual SERIES'?!

I know you're likely using hyperbole, but we still do get a good amount of series, arguably we're even in a yuri boom currently. Plus if you follow manga news outlets you'll see that we're going to be getting more series starting up soon.

One problem is also translators sometimes or often drop series. Another problem is sometimes authors have to stop making series because they need to focus on efforts like school or work, so they can make actual money to support themselves. Manga unfortunately doesn't always pay the bills to my knowledge, even more so if you're a small time author. So that's why a lot of authors do cute short stories on the side, which in my opinion is fine. Someone gets an idea and shares it with the rest of us through a short but sweet story, simple and to the point. Plus a lot of one-shots really don't need to be full length series since they effectively get the idea across. I much rather have an author do one-shots than a full series when they can't (at least currently) fully dedicate themselves to it. It helps keep their passion for creating going, without taking to much time out of school and work.

I'm tired so I'm likely going to forget a ton of series, but here's a general list of currently ongoing longer format yuri series. For starters here's 3 recently ended yuri series: Swap <-> Swap, A Kiss and A White Lily, Furry-Eared Mel. Yuzumori-san and Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! both ended last year. Moving on to the longer format yuri series that are still currently ongoing: Bloom Into You, Kase-san, Bright Amnesia, Citrus+, Shimeji Simulation, My Cute Little Kitten, Tadokoro-san, Fusoroi no Renri, Lily Marble, Useless Princesses, A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy, My Unrequited Love, Hana Ni Arashi, Futari Monologue, Murcielago, Miss Sunflower, Vampire-chan × Junior-chan, Tsurezure Biyori, Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru, We Can't Draw Love, Yuri Is My Job. Not sure if you'd count things like, Do You Think Someone Like You Could Defeat the Demon Lord?, Oddman 11, Dragon Maid. There's also the two Chinese series Beloved L and Their Story. Along with a good amount of Korean series as well.

If my math is correct I listed I think a total of 21 currently ongoing Japanese yuri manga series. That's without including the ones I'm unsure about such as Dragon Maid. I also didn't include things like Yuru Yuri either, since I'm not sure if something like that counts either. Even if you're not a fan of any of them, there are plenty of series out there. Plus I know for a fact that I didn't list 5-10 other series because the author or the translation is MIA. One reason is that some series haven't gotten a fan update in awhile because they got licensed, so I'm not sure if they're still ongoing or not.

Additionally as I said previously we're getting new series announcements recently as well. Here's one example quote from a manga news Twitter I follow "Upcoming Kiss magazine issue 5/2019 with Wandering Son creator Shimura Takako's new manga series start "Otona ni natte mo" (Even if I'm an adult) on its cover. It's about a woman who falls in love with another woman".

Edit: Hopefully this is informative and not rude, I'm not trying to argue with anyone. Just trying to be helpful, but sometimes my intent comes off the wrong way, apologies if that's the case here. I edited some of my wording to hopefully be a bit softer and less intense. Apologies also for the lengthy post.

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 8:48AM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Mochi did this? It looks nice. I like this new style.
...I miss the old one, though.

EDIT: Ah, Mochi wrote it, and someone else drew it. That explains the difference.

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 9:18AM

joined Jun 30, 2015

THAT WAS PLEASANT, Mochi Au Lait-sensei should stick to writing only, get an average/good illustrator to get it done and you're all set

I feel like the entire yuri genre has turned into these mini-chapters in the last year or two. Whatever happened to actual SERIES'?!

Giving that most series (not only Yuri, but manga series in general) are piles of shits, I actually appreciate some short and cute SoL.

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

My bet is lack of groups doing scanlation. If you don't mind webtoon (or whatever tf it is), you should take a look at Lumi White, Mage & Demon Queen and some KR stuff, quite neat imho.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

SEQUEL! FUCK! SEQUEL NOW!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Problem solved.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Eh..not terribly interested without the Mochi art.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Speak for yourself. Mochi's art is actually good in my eyes and stands on its own legs next to other good artists.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

M.NightShamalan

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

What is this? Too short.

And Touno-something girl didn't really like anyone.

joined Oct 9, 2011

So, which of the 3 were sisters again? It just isn't a Mochi story, without sister yuri.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I like Mochi's art, it's kinda charming and makes up for the usually predictable stories. I like this style but it's become so common :/

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Bloody hell, I did not even realise it was Mochi until after reading the doujin and only then looking at the author's name... Also, bloody hell, you can not end it there... I need more of this...

Edit: Ah... not the artist... well, in the future this will make me read those pesky little things on the front cover that I usually skip...

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 6:44PM

joined Mar 12, 2019

............................................................................................ok?

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

MOCHI IS A FUCKING GENIUS

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

EDIT: Ah, Mochi wrote it, and someone else drew it. That explains the difference.

Quoting for emphasis

I dunno about her but I'd take the 100% chance with her versus the .10% chance with Probably Straight Friend.

wise words but follow through rate is historically lower than that 0.10%

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I dunno about her but I'd take the 100% chance with her versus the .10% chance with Probably Straight Friend.

wise words but follow through rate is historically lower than that 0.10%

Naturally. You can't force your heart to love someone else, just because they are more convenient.

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

I saw this coming from a mile away and still enjoyed the cliche's out of it

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

My bet is lack of groups doing scanlation. If you don't mind webtoon (or whatever tf it is), you should take a look at Lumi White, Mage & Demon Queen and some KR stuff, quite neat imho.

Where is the Lumi White you mentioned? I looked for it on webtoon but it is not there...

last edited at Mar 23, 2019 10:21PM

__joseph_stalin_real_life_and_etc_drawn_by_danbo_3288624__sample
joined May 26, 2016

Where is the Lumi White you mentioned? I looked for it on webtoon but it is not there...

That one is on Stela Unlimited

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

This has to be a different author with Mochi’s name mistakenly tacked on...

Not gonna lie, I really got around to liking the old art.

It a collaboration Mochi just wrote the story.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

More!

To reply you must either login or sign up.