Forum › Caged Lovers discussion

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Uranus, cut it out. Trying to provoke a debate like that isn't cool.

I second this^

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Uranus, cut it out. Trying to provoke a debate like that isn't cool.

I second this^

It's already been resolved. We can move on. :)

This manga tries so hard to be dark and depressing, it's hilarious.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Does killing off an off-screen character which no one was ever expecting to see, raise any sort of feelings among the readers?

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

It will raise some feelings in her sister, and we can feel for her after we watch her cry or something.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

No feelings with me, I got past my initial ".... aww. Well, that's shitty." when I read the spoiler way back in the beginning.

I will still feel bad for Mio though, even though this story in general is pretty irredeemable.

0ac36mn-_400x400
joined Mar 22, 2019

dunno why im staying but i guess im staying

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

dunno why im staying but i guess im staying

"Trainwreck Syndrome"...

joined Jun 9, 2018

Anyone spoil me who killed her.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wait, they can just walk around without supervision at night? They could just walk out of the grounds uncontested, surely?

joined Aug 21, 2017

Who's Fuyuko?

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Does killing off an off-screen character which no one was ever expecting to see, raise any sort of feelings among the readers?

I don't think it's meant to make you feel bad for her, it's meant to give you a sense of unease about the rest of them that a seemingly perfectly healthy young girl is now dead only a short while after being "sold", and the expectation that maybe isn't exactly uncommon given the reaction when reading the letter. Well, I mean the news is pretty terrible for Mio too, after all.

I mean the impression the story is trying so hard to paint for us is that this place is pretty shady, and now they're implying that there's a good chance "graduation" means you're simply being sold off to some sort of pervert who is likely to literally screw your brains out of your head, while the B class who doesn't graduate appears to sell you to a brothel...

But reading between the lines, this story is only ever really told from the perspective of these girls who feel extremely oppressed. Many/most did not have the option to go here and simply ended up there. The way I've been seeing this place is more akin to an extremely conservative catholic boarding school, admittedly on the atomic end of the spectrum. Even when the woman is explaining to Chizuru how the system works, she speaks in vague terms that I could honestly imply meaning nothing more than corporal punishment, though the imagery we're given seems to imply something more sinister. These B class girls talk about how they're taught to be subservient is pretty typical of that sort of institution.

Well, I can't explain the "practical skill training notice" thing that seems to pair up girls for sexytimes. That doesn't even make sense to me. I guess you could get better at kissing, caressing? I mean the partner is missing the most important part, there... So that's just kind of weird. Unless the girls are reading a bit too much in between the lines and going a bit off the intended course there.

I do hope there's a twist to this story and it isn't really as sinister as it really wants you to think it is.

last edited at Jun 21, 2019 6:36PM

joined May 17, 2019

Ah shit. The owner killed her??? This manga I swear to god.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What, why die... Do they sell them to killers or something? Or did she scape the house and faked her own death? This setting cant become more stupid

Well, wait.. it kinda makes sense since people who buy virgins high school girls as their wife's can't be right in the head... But why tell the school? Does he wants seconds?

last edited at Jun 21, 2019 7:11PM

joined Apr 26, 2016

So if they are pure why allow lesbian sex

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Who's Fuyuko?

Mio's sister, the one who "graduated" in the beginning, who Mio is "working hard" to join, and who that other glasses-girl was in love with/in a relationship with.

What, why die... Do they sell them to killers or something? Or did she scape the house and faked her own death? This setting cant become more stupid

Well, wait.. it kinda makes sense since people who buy virgins high school girls as their wife's can't be right in the head... But why tell the school? Does he wants seconds?

I think there is probably a "third party" sort of "proctor" that takes care of the "business" part of selling off these girls. I'm going to assume they keep tabs and are responsible for the notification given that Mio is still there and presumably Fuyuko's only known next-of-kin.

So if they are pure why allow lesbian sex

I assume because of that shitty "it's not a real relationship/real feelings/real sex" line of thought that I detest with absolutely every bit of myself.

last edited at Jun 21, 2019 7:41PM

7903736f-23f1-43d2-bcca-91f78cf5aff1
joined Feb 18, 2019

I will keep reading because yes.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

it went from 0 to -100 real fast

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

it went from 0 to -100 real fast

K15 your avatar is +100! Lolz. I love that show, it was just so good.

I just finished chapter 1, pretty confident I know how this will go, but it looks like a gem. IDK how I missed it entirely until now, I do check the front page several times a week :/

Many 'finishing schools for girls' back in the olden days were little more than ways to make 'marriageable young ladies' available for the wealthy. Usually for 'less than perfect' sons of semi-rich families. Hey, life was harsh back then, freedom was this imaginary thing you might get for your children one day. Until then? Do your duty. (that went for the boys too. You think they liked getting sent off to wars or placed in the priesthood? We (you) have come a long was as a (human) race!)

Edit: Ok, Ch.02 got (early) into some of the dark stuff. But that part is highly unrealistic. Just titillation really. Oh well.
Edit: Well Ch.03 gets even stupider... I may have to abandon all hope, but will read it anyhow. Disappointingly...

last edited at Jun 22, 2019 1:54AM

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

Oh shit, that was Mio’s sister who died!!! What the fuck!? Damn Mio is gonna become a super crazy girl probably. She loved her sister. Wonder if it was a fake death or an actual death. The series is “Depressing as fuck” so.....

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mio go next, this is going to break her.

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

Me: Whaaat the! This is way more depressing as it should be. Death is such a low blow, man. I can't stomach that.
Also me: reads following chapters facing a great risk of being dead

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Every time I think it can't get more 'wtf', but then it gets more 'wtf' lmao

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 9:34AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The tags are accurate enough, but I dunno, they don’t seem to capture a certain piquant je ne sais quoi about this one.

What the fucking depressing fuck? is probably a bit too wordy . . .

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The tags are accurate enough, but I dunno, they don’t seem to capture a certain piquant je ne sais quoi about this one.

What the fucking depressing fuck? is probably a bit too wordy . . .

at least we haven't crossed into depressing ass fuck territory with this one.

... yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.