Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Somebody's SALTY

joined Jun 12, 2019

Just kissssss

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

EDIT #2: I don't like abandoning mangas before end. Unless the plot just screams "absurd" looking at you, I'll cheer on my Onee-yuri" or sth

You find I'll cheer on my Yuri Onee-chan droppable?

Somebody's SALTY

Turks salty at Wonder flashbacks

joined Oct 10, 2016

Kurokawa wants to improve her looks.

Sure not for herself. She got hella nostalgic when she looked at her glasses.

Fujishiro doesn't need friends who backstab her or are mean to someone she likes.

But that's the point: Nanaki doesn't understand what Kanade likes. All the time she looks at her through her popular eye. And I am certain Kanade just says okay to not make Nanaki mad again.

clearly have feelings for each other

Had no idea screaming at every potential threat and then blurting it all out into face of the other is positive feeling. Plus, they both have better matches around.

I'll end this conversation now before they will ban me. I will not abandon this manga because I went too far already. If there were like three chapters maybe I'd leave it.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Plus, they both have better matches around.

Eh ?Who is a better match for Fujishiro ? Her ex gyarus friends are bitchs and Izumi is a freaking sleeping psychopat.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Kurokawa wants to improve her looks.

Sure not for herself. She got hella nostalgic when she looked at her glasses.

Oh really? Being nostalgic for glasses somehow means all the other things she liked doing... she didn't do for herself?

Fujishiro doesn't need friends who backstab her or are mean to someone she likes.

But that's the point: Nanaki doesn't understand what Kanade likes. All the time she looks at her through her popular eye. And I am certain Kanade just says okay to not make Nanaki mad again.

Of course the fact that Fujishiro actively went out of her way to understand Kurokawa better or the fact that Kurokawa several times said thank you to her for helping her to become prettier are just not good enough for you. Inner monologue on Kurokawa's side that explicitly stated that she is happier this way and that being like Fujishiro is her way to become more courageous. She was trapped in just helping other girls to be the "princess", but Fujishiro is giving her the strength to also believe in her own beauty.

clearly have feelings for each other

Had no idea screaming at every potential threat and then blurting it all out into face of the other is positive feeling. Plus, they both have better matches around.

I'll end this conversation now before they will ban me. I will not abandon this manga because I went too far already. If there were like three chapters maybe I'd leave it.

You also don't seem to have any idea what is actually going on in general. That's not even a coherent argument.
What "potential threat" are we even talking about here? What feelings were blurted out? Are you actually complaining that the characters are honest with each other and actually solve conflicts through talking?
They don't have "better" matches around, because better doesn't matter. They are in love with each other. Love does not work on a point system.

Do whatever you want, but your constant misrepresentation of the story is not beneficial.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 6:12AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ BugD, I actually resist reading the the subtext of other readers’ comments to infer what they’re “really” saying, but it’s clear there’s a pattern with this reader of a peculiar form of shipping, or rather “anti-shipping”:

“They aren’t cute together, there are better matches, they should each go back to their own worlds, their constant arguments make me sick,” etc.

And you know there’s no arguing with a shipper—even a funhouse mirror one.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

And you know there’s no arguing with a shipper—even a funhouse mirror one.

I can't really deny it, but when someone claims they have actual good reasoning to their points I feel like it's worth discussing them.
Sadly Loralei hasn't revealed any good reasoning yet and instead seems to base this dislike on personal bias/experience, so it does start to feel futile.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 8:10AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

And you know there’s no arguing with a shipper

I suppose I'm a "shipper" and you can argue with me all you want. Then again, I can't blame you for that generalization. There's plenty of them with who you can't discuss anything and they tend to be the most vocal.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 11:25AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

I suppose I'm a "shipper" and you can argue with me all you want. Then again, I can't blame you for that generalization. There's plenty of them with who you can't discuss anything and they tend to be the most vocal.

Well, anyone who comes at this one from the POV that FujIshiro and Kurokawa “don’t get along, don’t belong together, and aren’t cute together,” they’re pretty much going down with the ship.

Or in this case, the anti-ship.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Blastaar posted:

Well, anyone who comes at this one from the POV that FujIshiro and Kurokawa “don’t get along, don’t belong together, and aren’t cute together,” they’re pretty much going down with the ship.

So, to carry on with the metaphor, we literally got a ship made of anti-matter, and the crew (in this case, Loralei) presumably wearing clothes and equipement made from anti-matter resistant materials.

GOD! I'm really suffering from not having watched the Rat of Mapping for well over half a year!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The Lorelei is a famous German poem/song about a Siren that sank ships.
One letter off. Just food for thought.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorelei

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 1:30PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Wow! Ships, pause Loralei pause AND Germany! Though you're replying to Blastaar here, it kinda seems fitting with my own reply to Blastaar, too (since the Rat of Mapping is a German, more precisely, a Hessian).

joined Oct 10, 2016

*Facepalm* I have this nickname from my teenage obsession with game League of Angels. A guardian out there was named Loralei. #justsayin

Before you start attacking me by my nationality, I live more to the east from Germany.

EDIT: I mostly use nickname InessaMaximova. I don't remember why I haven't used it here.

EDIT #2: I said teenage, as I turned 22 few days ago.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 8:41PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

*Facepalm* I have this nickname from my teenage obsession with game League of Angels. A guardian out there was named Loralei. #justsayin

Before you start attacking me by my nationality, I live more to the east from Germany.

EDIT: I mostly use nickname InessaMaximova. I don't remember why I haven't used it here.

EDIT #2: I said teenage, as I turned 22 few days ago.

This level of missing the joke is downright impressive in a way.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I think I'm falling for Izumi. Kinda hard to be on that boat right now. XD

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

How? I came here to scream this:

GET REKT IZUMI, GET REKT!!!!

joined Jul 26, 2016

...she hasn't really even done anything yet you know. -.-

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

...she hasn't really even done anything yet you know. -.-

Yeah, but she really, really looks like she is going to do something. What, we don’t know.

But something.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, but she really, really looks like she is going to do something. What, we don’t know.

But something.

Loitering With Intent

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Why does this manga remind me of the yuri works from the early 2000s (say Morinaga Milk kinda)

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Wait, someone mentioned, "Failed Lesbians?" Please don't tell me this is one of those things where the obviously gay protagonists find a way to just be friends so the manga can get published...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Wait, someone mentioned, "Failed Lesbians?" Please don't tell me this is one of those things where the obviously gay protagonists find a way to just be friends so the manga can get published...

Actually "Failed Princess" is the name for the physical release of Useless Princess by Seven Seas

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 6:10PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Finally caught up on this one

I had read the first 4 chapters in the beginning but did not like Fujishiro and her obsession with looking pretty

But I like how progressively she is maturing, and also, being so passionately overprotective of Kurokawa

Izumi is scary and very very dangerous but it's looking (as of ch16) as if she's given up on her manipulation plan. I want her to be paired up with Iroha =w=

Aw man. It's obvious that Fujishiro is in lesbians with Kurokawa but it is not as obvious the other way around. Though that's partially because lately the POV has only been on our dear Fujishiro. Kurokawa is a fujoshi aaah!! Not saying that's a bad thing. It's just interesting that she's never mentioned being into yuri (like Iroha). If she hasn't, she'll soon realize the beauty of world of yuri. I mean she was already kind of shipping Izumi x Fujishiro lol

Ch16: wonder whether Kurokawa did the "taking off glasses. Get close to your crush's face" thing on purpose but knowing her she probably didn't think of it much. Aaah I wonder if they'll get together during this school trip. Story tropes seem to suggest that yes they will. But I'm hoping it'll last a bit longer than that because I really dont want this story to end this soon man.

I'm really enjoying it.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

So Izumi really has a thing for Fujishiro...

Tbh, this manga kinda lack of something. I can’t get the sweet teenage romance feels in it. Well, maybe they’re kinda in a slow pace and the mc has different focus than crushes and everything, only Fujishiro and Izumi are the ones that really stood out in this story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.