Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Edit: looking back on it I just realized that I agree with you lol

Dang--that makes it, like, a conversation, doesn't it? On the internet.

Is that even allowed? lol

Not that's illegal >:c

Go straight to jail, do not pass Go.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This feels like the start of a beautiful [insert gender here]ship between you two.

joined Jul 1, 2018

This feels like the start of a beautiful [insert gender here]ship between you two.

Blaastar is always taking my page long dissertations and shortening them to a sentence and I’m over here like :0 How

Also, Do you like Salamanders? lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

Blaastar is always taking my page long dissertations and shortening them to a sentence and I’m over here like :0 How

It's actually Clint Eastwood himself behind that nick and goofy avatar :v

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, no, one of the things I like a lot about the Dynasty forums is that there really is a critical mass of people (along with lots of others) who are truly interested in exchanging ideas about the stories and learning from each others' thoughts.

The fact that I recently got in a wrangle in a different thread with someone who just refused to accept that I was basically agreeing with them, only from a slightly different angle, led to a sigh of relief on that not happening this time.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Yeah, no, one of the things I like a lot about the Dynasty forums is that there really is a critical mass of people (along with lots of others) who are truly interested in exchanging ideas about the stories and learning from each others' thoughts.

Literally the reason why I stay away from the mangadex comment section. Btw, they removed both the Yuri and Shoujo-ai tag recently, I'm happy, but I wonder what caused that to happen.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Palmfire posted:

Btw, they removed both the Yuri and Shoujo-ai tag recently, I'm happy, but I wonder what caused that to happen.

Most likely angry people complaining that it's not yuri and feeling mislead.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Manga gay, IMO

Anyway if the boys were meant to serve any purpose beyond a cameo and/or visual proof that Konatsu has kouhai to look after, we probably would have gotten at least a name by now - especially if we're really heading into the final arc. I'm not sure the taller guy's even had a line yet.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Manga gay, IMO

Anyway if the boys were meant to serve any purpose beyond a cameo and/or visual proof that Konatsu has kouhai to look after, we probably would have gotten at least a name by now - especially if we're really heading into the final arc. I'm not sure the taller guy's even had a line yet.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch27#7

He’s literally had one lol.

I wouldn’t denote these guys as kouhai extras just yet, the mangaka puts everything in here for a reason. Remember the girls who were talking about all you can eat in ch 2? They actually show up later, always serving the purpose as a contrast to Koyuki, a representation of who she wants to be:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch02#5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch21#20
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch23#19

Looking at the last panel, Koyuki standing up to her means so much more, because this girl has been littered through the manga as that representation of her ideal self (socially). The fact that the author thought out this little extra thing makes the scene in ch 23 much more special, as it makes Koyuki look THAT much side of the person she actually wants to be. I’m expecting something similar with the kouhai, probably not like a confession or whatever (although Koyuki is popular with guys) but something about them might come back later.

Crucru
joined Oct 28, 2020

Man, this is so much more than a friendship

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s super-friendship.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Friends who should kiss

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

It’s super-friendship.

This summer, witness the beginning of an exciting new story! Confused teenage girls by day, and even more confused teenage girls by night, Konatsu Amano and Koyuki Honami star as Captain Frog and Admiral Salamander in a tale of heroism, friendship, growth, friendship, and also friendship! Watch as they defend their cozy coastal Japanese town from dastardly rogues like Social Anxiety, Mixed Feelings, Obligatory Last-Minute Male Love Interests and the occasional angry Dynasty poster demanding more yuri! Prepare for Feelings, Conversations (Or a Lack Thereof), Vague Amphibian Metaphors, Emotional Swashbuckling and Derring-Do! Coming soon to a bookstore near you (placed under the Shoujo, Aye Section).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s super-friendship.

This summer, witness the beginning of an exciting new story! Confused teenage girls by day, and even more confused teenage girls by night, Konatsu Amano and Koyuki Honami star as Captain Frog and Admiral Salamander in a tale of heroism, friendship, growth, friendship, and also friendship! Watch as they defend their cozy coastal Japanese town from dastardly rogues like Social Anxiety, Mixed Feelings, Obligatory Last-Minute Male Love Interests and the occasional angry Dynasty poster demanding more yuri! Prepare for Feelings, Conversations (Or a Lack Thereof), Vague Amphibian Metaphors, Emotional Swashbuckling and Derring-Do! Coming soon to a bookstore near you (placed under the Shoujo, Aye Section).

You forgot the blushing. There will be blushing—blushing in extraordinary quantities.

joined Jul 1, 2018

It’s super-friendship.

Best post in this thread.
EDIT: you forgot the hot and thoughtful dads

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 11:55PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

We honestly need a spinoff based on the dads. I'm thinking something like- A Tropical Chad Yearns for Bros.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Just gonna casually run my fingers through my senpai's hair while she sleeps... as friends

joined Jul 1, 2018

We honestly need a spinoff based on the dads. I'm thinking something like- A Tropical Chad Yearns for Bros.

What if this final arc where everything connects actually turns this manga into a yaoi :0

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

What if this final arc where everything connects actually turns this manga into a yaoi :0

Hagino: Welcome to the official How to Establish that Nettaigyo is Absolutely not a Yuri series Meeting.
Editor: Literally nobody was informed about this.
Hagino: So I'm thinking that we'll put a heterosexual relationship into the manga to convey that it isn't about lesbians.
Editor: But het relationships have girls. That's, like, 50% of a yuri ship right there.
Hagino: Damn it. Okay, forget about the girls. Remove them entirely. Let's make the manga about BL.
Editor: But that shows that you're willing to explore gay relationships. Just like yuri.
Hagino: Screams incomprehensibly

joined Jul 1, 2018

Hagino: Welcome to the official How to Establish that Nettaigyo is Absolutely not a Yuri series Meeting.
Editor: Literally nobody was informed about this.
Hagino: So I'm thinking that we'll put a heterosexual relationship into the manga to convey that it isn't about lesbians.
Editor: But het relationships have girls. That's, like, 50% of a yuri ship right there.
Hagino: Damn it. Okay, forget about the girls. Remove them entirely. Let's make the manga about BL.
Editor: But that shows that you're willing to explore gay relationships. Just like yuri.
Hagino: Screams incomprehensibly

Forget page long theories, this is so accurate we can just archive this thread at this point lol

EDIT: though I really do wonder what role the editor plays in the story. Like do they just go “we need to add some more anxiety here, so how about 6 pages of monologuing, and end it with them gazing into each other’s eyes in the most heterosexual way possible”

last edited at Oct 29, 2020 3:58PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

You forgot the part where she goes back home and cries herself to sleep into her life-sized Toothless plush.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You forgot the part where she goes back home and cries herself to sleep into her life-sized Toothless plush.

Everybody associates their closest friend with a fictional animal and then sleeps with a life-sized plushie body pillow of one—it doesn’t mean anything sexual.

What?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

EDIT: though I really do wonder what role the editor plays in the story. Like do they just go “we need to add some more anxiety here, so how about 6 pages of monologuing, and end it with them gazing into each other’s eyes in the most heterosexual way possible”

(Very) broadly speaking, there's two types of editors- the stretch it out types that encourage authors who've written successful series to keep churning out popular content for maximum moolah, human conceptions of time and behavior be damned; and the cut it down types, who inform authors that their fifteen act stream-of-consciousness Bildungsromans that approach the lengths of The Odyssey with the writing style of Ulysses might not be comprehensible to yon regular consumer. I can see Nettaigyo's editor being either, or possibly even both- maybe they told Hagino to sprinkle as much ambiguity and longing into the manga as humanly possible to pull readers in with agonized expectations, only to fill the final volume with enough yuri to make Virgin's Empire look, well... virginal (this might be me desperately projecting my hopes and dreams onto reality).

joined Jan 14, 2020

Everybody associates their closest friend with a fictional animal and then sleeps with a life-sized plushie body pillow of one—it doesn’t mean anything sexual.

What?

Heh, I just re-watched "But I'm a Cheerleader."

"Everything thinks about girls, right?"
"Oh my god, I'm a homosexual."

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

My heart aches when I read this, I think it's a good thing?

To reply you must either login or sign up.