Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

imagine that the author has never planned to write yuri and is reading this forum while thinking to herself "how did it come to this?"

But jokes aside, I have full faith in Makoto Hagino that she will never betray us like some other certain manga.
It really wouldn't make any sense if this ended up as just "friendship" even normies will read this kind of story and think that it's gay. I mean, the whole reason this manga has this yuri vibe to it because the author herself loves yuri. I trust Hagino that she will not make such a stupid choice like some other certain author. I just hope that some stupid editor will not pressure her into ending it as a friendship.

In the meantime, let's enjoy the beautiful build-up of their love!

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 6:27PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But only because she recognized a fellow super friendship bottom.

Kaede-chan has that lively, over-agitated persona which makes me believe she's actually a topper, you know, when you're sleeping at your friend's house and you learn your friend has a bunk bed, for sure she's gonna top you by sleeping at the top, that kind of friendly stuff.

I don’t think Konatsu is a person who could give Kaede all the scolding and cheek-squeezing she needs in a fulfilling long-term relationship.

that may be, but there will be feeding for sure

Oh, sure—*friendship* feeding. Lol

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

In the meantime, let's enjoy the beautiful build-up of their love!

Yes I am so enjoying this beautiful friendship

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Based on how similar that girl looked to Konatsu, I have to assume that the school is actually a secret cloning facility dedicated to creating yuri clones of people. Konatsu was the first yuri clone to escape and the two girls that Koyuki met were about to run off with one another.

It's the only logical conclusion one can come to.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Based on how similar that girl looked to Konatsu, I have to assume that the school is actually a secret cloning facility dedicated to creating yuri clones of people. Konatsu was the first yuri clone to escape and the two girls that Koyuki met were about to run off with one another.

That's also why you have secretly bioengineered, intelligent animals roaming around everywhere and engaging in furious yuri shipping.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think they're actual clones--that school just has Touma-kun (from the series of the same name) doing everybody's hair.

Same effect.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

If this was any gayer it would be Utena

wrong

there was het in Utena

this has surpassed

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Ah whenever a new chapter comes out I feel so blessed. Ever since April this year that this manga started coming out in translated form it has helped me cope with so many difficulties in my life along the way.
I definitely see it as more than just subtext. These girls act as textbook lovers secretly in love who aren't aware of it yet.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Long story short (though it's a short story.), "The Salamander" allows the reader to interpret the salamander and the frog's relationship however they want. It doesn't set in stone what they think of each other at the end of it, only their dialogues and actions are written down. This is pretty much the same here. We have countless "flags" of Koyuki having her friendship with Konatsu going over 9000, but it feels like the Yuri Goddess swore to secrecy until one of the girls actually say something directly. That, and the lilies blooming in the background.
So honestly, even if it's frustrating, it feels like the author just wants to give the same freedom of interpretation as "The Salamander"...

Counterpoint: the Salamander short story is just the starting condition of Koyuki and Konatsu's relationship and not meant to be its end state. In the first chapter, Konatsu tells Koyuki she reminds her of the salamander from the short story, to which Koyuki replies that she doesn't think she's as stubborn as the salamander. Then in chapter 14 Koyuki muses about how the salamander and the frog should've been more honest with each other and changes the "I think I've had it" line with "I wish we could always be together", making her own interpretation of their relationship (and her own relationship with Konatsu) explicit. Since then she's been trying to figure out her own feelings towards Konatsu and Konatsu's towards her. To me there's been a clear build-up towards a clear resolution rather than leaving it up to interpretation. Whether that resolution will be super friendship (which would personally feel like a major cop-out to me at this point given how the characters act and many other situations that have occurred) or romantic is a different matter.

Also, this was my very first post, I guess. Hi all.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is something that I wish would happen to this series.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

So much hnnnnnnng

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggg...

Rsz_jpeg_20190930_231506
joined Nov 12, 2018

Now if I had to be fair, I think this is the best yuri manga I've ever read. It's starts slow just to see how their love is blooming.

As a Yuricon I wait for the kiss, but it would take awhile.

joined May 7, 2017

Now if I had to be fair, I think this is the best yuri manga I've ever read. It's starts slow just to see how their love is blooming.

As a Yuricon I wait for the kiss, but it would take awhile.

Well then, they already crossed the line (whisper hand-holding whisper) one can only imagine they're already friends at this point

joined May 20, 2013

Perhaps if we could take a page from Yuri Natsu: Kagaya Inn: They're "frindtt"s.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Maaan, I am way too invested in this series, lol. Normally I'm fine with waiting for new chapters but these periods where I know the raws are out but the translation hasn't come out yet are torture.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

It's not even as simple as going through raws actually, as far as I know they aren't easily found online and the translation group gets them privately and doesn't share them. I still can't find raws for chapter 15 in the usual places, and I've only seen a few pages from chapter 16 on twitter (I'll say to look forward to it). There used to be Korean scans, but the provider of those was busted just a few days ago too.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I've only seen a few pages from chapter 16 on twitter (I'll say to look forward to it).

Teasing is mean

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The salamander's tail with that unfortunately placed bubble looks like a cock.

Clearly foreshadowing of a het ending. You've read it here first.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OMG, these two are so fucking cute, I want to marry them, or have them marry each other and put them both in my pocket and take them home, or have Nenderoid figures of them getting married holding the shark and with the turtle on a leash.

Or something.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

kiSs WhEn

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 7:54AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

OMG. This is so cute.... I seriously can't wait for more, but man, I have to wait for January for the next chapter... Koyuki and Konatsu !!!

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Alright. The hug step has been fulfilled. It´s a slow process, guys, but we´re getting there.

joined May 20, 2013

;_;

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I see Fuyuki has also succumbed to the charm of best girl.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017
  1. Hug has been achieved!
  2. I want to take the time to acknowledge Dad-sama. He's been supporting them so much the entire time. I suspect he understands more about what's going on then Koyuki or Konatsu do. And he's backed them without blinking twice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.