Forum › Honkai Impact 3 - Violet Sea Story discussion

joined Feb 21, 2018

Bronya x Wendy

Oh, I got some bad news for you...

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Okay, there's this really depressed onion cutting itself right next to me...

joined Dec 13, 2013

i just cried so hard with this
what the fuck

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I saw "FINAL CHAPTER" and still cannot decide should I read [whole story] or not? Citrus-depressing level?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

can anyone explain the ending? I dont really know anything of the game :(

joined Jan 31, 2018

Basically, Seele lost her physical body and Bronya planned to give up her physical body to be with Seele but decided to go back and find a way to rescue her instead. If you're asking about the part afterwards, basically Cocolia is affiliated with a group called Anti-Entropy, a group that researches and combats the Honkai, a threat to humanity.

A Herrscher is born when a large amount of Honkai Energy focuses in one individual and Cocolia was planning to capture and research Raiden Mei, the Third Herrscher to see if that would provide a hint to saving Seele. She fails to capture Mei and Kiana, Mei and Bronya all end up joining Shicksal, one of Anti-Entropy's rival groups that are also researching and combating the Honkai and the game's main story begins after the three of them joined Shicksal.

joined Jun 11, 2013

It's another "No you must not sacrifice yourself so you can be with me and must doom yourself to a lonely life ending"

Is this the most cliche of all endings? I think it's one above "We can't be together because work/society ending"

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Basically, Seele lost her physical body and Bronya planned to give up her physical body to be with Seele but decided to go back and find a way to rescue her instead. If you're asking about the part afterwards, basically Cocolia is affiliated with a group called Anti-Entropy, a group that researches and combats the Honkai, a threat to humanity.

A Herrscher is born when a large amount of Honkai Energy focuses in one individual and Cocolia was planning to capture and research Raiden Mei, the Third Herrscher to see if that would provide a hint to saving Seele. She fails to capture Mei and Kiana, Mei and Bronya all end up joining Shicksal, one of Anti-Entropy's rival groups that are also researching and combating the Honkai and the game's main story begins after the three of them joined Shicksal.

so the game starts after this story? sorry for all the questions I wanna check out the game I wanted to know more of it lol

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

so the game starts after this story? sorry for all the questions I wanna check out the game I wanted to know more of it lol

Yea the game after the story https://mangadex.org/manga/22297/honkai-impact-3. This is basically the continuation of this story. I wouldn't read too much ahead without playing the game.

last edited at Aug 31, 2018 12:48AM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

It's another "No you must not sacrifice yourself so you can be with me and must doom yourself to a lonely life ending"

Is this the most cliche of all endings? I think it's one above "We can't be together because work/society ending"

At least here, both Seele and Bronya want to be reunited and they're not okay with permanent separation. After that its up to the writers of the game if that comes to fruition.

Its the usual "oh you can forget about me and be happy" bullshit that I truly hate. Thank god this is not that.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Bronya x Wendy

I got me a hurricane revolver.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Bronya x Wendy

I got me a hurricane revolver.

Seeing these I feel guilty butchering Wendy in co-op mode earlier.

Anyway, thanks Repulsion Scans for picking this up. Hopefully someone if not you can work on the rest of HI3 mangas. I seriously would like an English version of Kallen x Sakura story.

joined Apr 6, 2017

I second that
kallen x sakura could be the OTP for me

joined Jan 31, 2018

Seeing these I feel guilty butchering Wendy in co-op mode earlier.

Anyway, thanks Repulsion Scans for picking this up. Hopefully someone if not you can work on the rest of HI3 mangas. I seriously would like an English version of Kallen x Sakura story.

We'll probably try to translate a few more Honkai Impact related things, so we'll see how far we get. The Sakura Kallen sidestory is one of the candidates to be translated soon if we can make it happen.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

At least here, both Seele and Bronya want to be reunited and they're not okay with permanent separation. After that its up to the writers of the game if that comes to fruition.

Its the usual "oh you can forget about me and be happy" bullshit that I truly hate. Thank god this is not that.

When I read further about their info I found out that Seele was revived but didn't indicate about a reunion with Bronya, plus, Bronya's feelings were shut down already so I wonder how will they act if ever they meet each other again coz I'm pretty sure Bronya is not the same anymore since she's emotionless :(

joined Dec 4, 2016

When I read further about their info I found out that Seele was revived but didn't indicate about a reunion with Bronya, plus, Bronya's feelings were shut down already so I wonder how will they act if ever they meet each other again coz I'm pretty sure Bronya is not the same anymore since she's emotionless :(

Brain damage that cause change of personality happens in real life. So I don't think that she lost all emotions but it only made her personality more cold or maybe less empathetic.

last edited at Apr 20, 2018 9:41PM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So wait. Wendy and Seele aren't the same character? I'm so confused right now. Also I'm happy that Bronya is canonically a lesbian

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

So wait. Wendy and Seele aren't the same character? I'm so confused right now. Also I'm happy that Bronya is canonically a lesbian

They're not! :)

So if we base it on the game's timeline, this manga would be sort of Bronya's backstory or flashbacks. In the game Seele had already died/dissipated into nothingness.

While Wendy is another character that appeared in the game (sort of looks like Seele except her color scheme is Black-Green instead of Seele's Black-Violet). She sort of had the same circumstances (sacrificial pawn) so Bronya got attached to her too and they became friends. Etc.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Awkward pacing and unrealistic character relationships, but it got me to download the game so it successfully made me interested in the possible yuri in-game. Seems it's got good reviews too so I hope the gameplay and story live up to expectation.

joined Apr 1, 2017

Gameplay is basically mobile Bayonetta, so its fun if you can get the hang of it.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Gameplay is basically mobile Bayonetta, so its fun if you can get the hang of it.

It's got smooth controls, definitely am enjoying it. Time fractures are extremely fun. Sort of wish they had more varied enemies, but I've never seen a game of this nature that doesn't have that issue.

last edited at Apr 29, 2018 4:33AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Fun fact: in the in-game "dormitory mode" one of Bronya's possible random events is a rather lengthy monologue about Seele and her own promise to live on for both of them, in a quite wistful "I miss you" kind of tone.

...and then there's the Dreamland event stages (which in terms of timeline happen during the coma she fell into after frying the A-E control implant in her brain). No Seele - understandable as she doesn't even remember her own name at the time - but a rather... interesting take on dealing with your inner demons; also suicide bomber plushies.
┐(°_o)┌
Her mind is a strange, strange place.

Brain damage that cause change of personality happens in real life. So I don't think that she lost all emotions but it only made her personality more cold or maybe less empathetic.

In-game it's clear that she's not entirely emotionless, just that her emotional register and particularly expression is severely gutted. She basically never ever changes the tone of her voice and about the most expression you get out of her in-story is the very rare slight smile of amusement (or sheer smugness). She's still definitely capable of strong affection; aside from still carrying a torch for Seele she's grown very fond of her Schicksal comrades-in-arms to the point that she Heel Face Door Slams out of Anti-Entropy to rescue one of them, knowingly causing herself further brain damage on the side which puts her into the aforementioned deep coma. To her credit Cocolia sounds legitimately horrified in that scene.

last edited at Apr 29, 2018 4:25PM

joined Jan 31, 2018

Well, we decided to continue it: https://mangadex.org/manga/15560/guns-girl-schooldayz-ex

We're not sure about how to organize all the Honkai related stuff for now, so I haven't sent a request to put it up on Dynasty.

Vhedwvd
joined Dec 10, 2017

So thats why she doesnt show much emotions

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Honkai impact 3 is coming to PC ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECGrnpQI4DA

To reply you must either login or sign up.