Forum › Motto Hanjuku Joshi discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Need to resist re-reading this chapter again, it's distracting me from work...

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

So, we will had a bunch of couples based on Facing sport, is like Duel but now with proper romances.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I don't think I expected that storyline to turn out that way... I guess I expected it to end in pain.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Youko is still a shitty person.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Those girls are me when I found Youko had dumped what's-his-face to be exclusive with Ayu.

I was so sure she was planning to keep them both... Girl has more uprightness than I thought.

Hermes%20darker
joined Jan 21, 2019

AAAA MARI SEMPAI IS HERE I'M SO EXCITED ᕕ(՞ᗜ՞)ᕗ

joined Sep 4, 2016

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Fuck Youko. You can try to fluff it up as much as you want, but at the end of the day she was two-timing, and stringing along both her partners. Of course, since it's a yuri story, the guy is easily cast aside, even though he did nothing wrong and seemed to be a faithful and caring boyfriend. Pretty shitty storytelling IMO.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Fuck Youko. You can try to fluff it up as much as you want, but at the end of the day she was two-timing, and stringing along both her partners. Of course, since it's a yuri story, the guy is easily cast aside, even though he did nothing wrong and seemed to be a faithful and caring boyfriend. Pretty shitty storytelling IMO.

Right. Get that everyone?—torches and pitchforks at Youko’s house at midnight.

Um, what was that address again?

last edited at Jan 14, 2021 9:03AM

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I pretty much emphatically disagree with the person you're responding to, but implying they shouldn't be feeling that feeling when the story is intentionally evoking themes of infidelity is crass at best.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I pretty much emphatically disagree with the person you're responding to, but implying they shouldn't be feeling that feeling when the story is intentionally evoking themes of infidelity is crass at best.

People can feel however they want, and I need no pious lectures from you about it.

If readers want to approach stories as if they are hanging judges in a moralistic small-claims court, no one is stopping them.

last edited at Jan 17, 2021 8:06AM

joined Jul 26, 2016
  • Crimes shall never be presented in such a way as to create sympathy for the criminal, to promote distrust of the forces of law and justice, or to inspire others with a desire to imitate criminals.
  • If crime is depicted it shall be as a sordid and unpleasant activity.
  • In every instance good shall triumph over evil and the criminal punished for his misdeeds.
  • Inclusion of stories dealing with evil shall be used or shall be published only where the intent is to illustrate a moral issue and in no case shall evil be presented alluringly, nor so as to injure the sensibilities of the reader.
  • Illicit sex relations are neither to be hinted at nor portrayed. Rape scenes, as well as sexual abnormalities, are unacceptable.

- excerpts from the 1954 Comics Code

The irony of that sort of high moral indignation being quite alive and well here of all places never ceases to equally amuse and disappoint me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.