Forum › Motto Hanjuku Joshi discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Need to resist re-reading this chapter again, it's distracting me from work...

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

So, we will had a bunch of couples based on Facing sport, is like Duel but now with proper romances.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I don't think I expected that storyline to turn out that way... I guess I expected it to end in pain.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Youko is still a shitty person.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Those girls are me when I found Youko had dumped what's-his-face to be exclusive with Ayu.

I was so sure she was planning to keep them both... Girl has more uprightness than I thought.

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

AAAA MARI SEMPAI IS HERE I'M SO EXCITED ᕕ(՞ᗜ՞)ᕗ

joined Sep 4, 2016

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Fuck Youko. You can try to fluff it up as much as you want, but at the end of the day she was two-timing, and stringing along both her partners. Of course, since it's a yuri story, the guy is easily cast aside, even though he did nothing wrong and seemed to be a faithful and caring boyfriend. Pretty shitty storytelling IMO.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Fuck Youko. You can try to fluff it up as much as you want, but at the end of the day she was two-timing, and stringing along both her partners. Of course, since it's a yuri story, the guy is easily cast aside, even though he did nothing wrong and seemed to be a faithful and caring boyfriend. Pretty shitty storytelling IMO.

Right. Get that everyone?—torches and pitchforks at Youko’s house at midnight.

Um, what was that address again?

last edited at Jan 14, 2021 9:03AM

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I pretty much emphatically disagree with the person you're responding to, but implying they shouldn't be feeling that feeling when the story is intentionally evoking themes of infidelity is crass at best.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I pretty much emphatically disagree with the person you're responding to, but implying they shouldn't be feeling that feeling when the story is intentionally evoking themes of infidelity is crass at best.

People can feel however they want, and I need no pious lectures from you about it.

If readers want to approach stories as if they are hanging judges in a moralistic small-claims court, no one is stopping them.

last edited at Jan 17, 2021 8:06AM

joined Jul 26, 2016
  • Crimes shall never be presented in such a way as to create sympathy for the criminal, to promote distrust of the forces of law and justice, or to inspire others with a desire to imitate criminals.
  • If crime is depicted it shall be as a sordid and unpleasant activity.
  • In every instance good shall triumph over evil and the criminal punished for his misdeeds.
  • Inclusion of stories dealing with evil shall be used or shall be published only where the intent is to illustrate a moral issue and in no case shall evil be presented alluringly, nor so as to injure the sensibilities of the reader.
  • Illicit sex relations are neither to be hinted at nor portrayed. Rape scenes, as well as sexual abnormalities, are unacceptable.

- excerpts from the 1954 Comics Code

The irony of that sort of high moral indignation being quite alive and well here of all places never ceases to equally amuse and disappoint me.

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

People can feel however they want, and I need no pious lectures from you about it.

If readers want to approach stories as if they are hanging judges in a moralistic small-claims court, no one is stopping them.

Sure, and it should be understood that LOUDLY side-eyeing others is liable to earn you a response. Lecture or otherwise.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sure, and it should be understood that LOUDLY side-eyeing others is liable to earn you a response. Lecture or otherwise.

The feelings you are feeling are duly noted.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Okay, I'm on board with this. It's kinda dumb, but I like it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hanashima being 10/10 as usual. Gotta love deadpan imouto-chan's benign "long as you're happy" resignation to her (half?) sister's foibles.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And here we can observe an idiot in her natural habitat.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Jesus fuck, i hope Edogawa don't give up that easily on the relation. i absolutely hate when a character think they figure out completly someone and know how they will react. I just want her smug face to be gone and realise she can't play with Edogawa like that. But given how the couples have been treated so far, i'm sure she just gonna crawl back to Mari. Just can't have a normal relation hey ?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But given how the couples have been treated so far, i'm sure she just gonna crawl back to Mari.

I wouldn't say crawl back, but she'll certainly accept it once Mari explains what she thought, as dumb as it was. We'll just have to hope Mari will learn from this as well.

joined Nov 14, 2013

I mean - Edogawa is the one that said she wanted to break up, which is we remember from the last series is pretty on point for her. Mari is just playing along because she knows this is just how Edogawa is.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not to mention Ran's reasons are pretty ridiculous, no shit Mari isn't taking her seriously. Plus her smug self-assurance is based on fairly extensive firsthand experience of being very able to charm sensei's pants off as necessary. (A necessary reminder how her brain processes the whole "relationship" thing in the first place...)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, I actually found this way more true to character than the earlier chapters. Their relationship was basically always in this weird, playful place. I don't mind it staying there for now.

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 9:12AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I just hate smug-ass character like that who always have the upper hand. I don't care how ridiculous the situation is.I want some reflections on both of them. The fact she agree to the break-up isvery infuriating to me, it's like she doesn't take serioiusly the worries of Edogawa and by extent doesn't take seriously the relation. As ridiculous as it sound, i want Edogawa to stand her ground and make understand to Mari the relation isn't granted. But who i am kidding. She will not, she just gonna smugly that Edogawa apologize and then fucked and nothing would have changed beside Edogawa being ridiculous. Not like plot being ridiculous isn't something we know. This sequel barely hold a candle to the original. Between that and the one arc before who where straight up bad.

last edited at Mar 30, 2021 10:06AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Not to mention Ran's reasons are pretty ridiculous, no shit Mari isn't taking her seriously. Plus her smug self-assurance is based on fairly extensive firsthand experience of being very able to charm sensei's pants off as necessary. (A necessary reminder how her brain processes the whole "relationship" thing in the first place...)

Thanks for the reminder. Some people tend to forget these details.

Me, I wish I could recall if at some point we were told about their family situation. Are her parents married? Divorced? I don't remember at all.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Me, I wish I could recall if at some point we were told about their family situation. Are her parents married? Divorced? I don't remember at all.

If they are still married, it gives a whole new meaning to Mari's comment: "Me and mother have always been showing up with boys."

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

(A necessary reminder how her brain processes the whole "relationship" thing in the first place...)

In a way this reminds me of A Room For Two. She doesn't see a need to define their relationship with any specific labels, it's perfectly fine for them just to be together. Unlike that one, the understanding is not quite mutual here, though, leading to the current situation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.