Forum › Selfish Fuzz and Pikapika-san discussion

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

I don't wtf did I just read but I kinda liked it

Ayuyu
joined Dec 20, 2016

So... Am I the only who like this very much?

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

When I was reading this, I was waiting for the rape scene to happen. but when rape scene began, it wasn't really a rape scene. It was more of an okay scene.

There was a distinct lack of "okay" in that scene.

Nozomi never offered any form of consent, and all indications she gave and actions she took expressed the contrary: she didn't want to have sex. That didn't change before, during, or after the fact.

That's rape.

But rape isn't gentle. but I see it, I just haven't seen a girl rape another girl in a Manga before this one

Rape is unconsentual sex, it doesn't matter if it's gentle or it, she didn't want it, yet her "friend" made her do it anyway.

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

I did not like this at all. The way the author handled this subject made my skin crawl.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I've been reading this site for a while, but this is my first post.
This story is going to haunt me. I've already read the secound half of the story twice. I still can't figure the ending out, though.
The rape was bad, but I think I could have forgiven it, if the story would have ended with a solid unambiguous yuri hook up. Intead I was left wondering, what was Hanna's motivations!? Was it romantic feelings, for Nazomi, that maybe even Hanna didn't realise she had? Was it a despite attempt to cling to a friendship she feared losing? Did Hanna think she was doing her friend a favor, by forcing Nazomi to "grow up" so she didn't get left behind? Maybe Hanna was sexually bullying Nazomi, because she was jealous, that Nazomi was free of the pressure, she felt to keep up with th other girls. There seems to be bunch of contradicting subtext, that could support a argument for each.
I hate manga that leave me wondering, what's the take away.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I expected this to go in the "I shouldn't leave my best friend behind just because I want to fit in with the popular kids, since they don't really care about my wellbeing and I love my bestiemore than I thought I did" direction.

It um. It didn't.

Shocked%20girl
joined Mar 29, 2017

The MC was a terrible human being. I think this would've been much better if it was written as a tragedy and Nozomi was the MC. Having her try to sort out her feelings after being raped by her best friend (who she may have had romantic feelings for prior to the event) as the focus of the story could've been good in my opinion.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 2:24AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

I think this is an okay one-shot with an interesting concept. It's criticizing the social pressure where high school girls think they have to grow up and is about how shit that concept of what's mature is. The protagonist is messed up by it and doesn't even have a framework to understand what she's done wrong and that's the perspective the story is told from but the reader is supposed to obviously understand better.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I think this is an okay one-shot with an interesting concept. It's criticizing the social pressure where high school girls think they have to grow up and is about how shit that concept of what's mature is. The protagonist is messed up by it and doesn't even have a framework to understand what she's done wrong and that's the perspective the story is told from but the reader is supposed to obviously understand better.

It's sad because the reader probably realizes what kind of attention they're going to get for going around school bragging about not being virgins that openly... So it feels like this would be the catalyst for something to happen that forces her to look at everything she's been forcing on herself and her friend to chase a fickle popularity and grow up so fast.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 9:30AM

BokujouMonogatari
joined Aug 27, 2017

Lame, just leave a bad taste in my mouth, but in reality people like her exist, so just get over it, strange world, isnt it?

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

I don't know how to respond to this apart from saying Hana did the wrong thing. It's just so....ugh

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I'll give you that. The concept is interesting, but the author fails to utilize it fully. The story never gets to explore the fallout of Hana's actions and how she and Nozomi's relationship would change after that. I was eagerly awaiting those things after the climax, but was severely disappointed when the story just abruptly ends.

Lame, just leave a bad taste in my mouth, but in reality people like her exist, so just get over it, strange world, isnt it?

It's reflective of a real-life scenario. That doesn't mean it's automatically good storytelling.

I'm honestly not that mad that the protagonist is a horrible human being; she had the potential to be a compelling character. The author just didn't fulfill any of that potential.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 3:07PM

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

i'm really surprised someone like Ohsawa messed up the story so much like that, especially since all of her other works are great and the other two in Okujou Pikapika Romance are a couple of my absolute favorites on this site... i hope it's just a one time thing, and that the other two untranslated ones are better :S

joined Mar 15, 2017

I'll give you that. The concept is interesting, but the author fails to utilize it fully. The story never gets to explore the fallout of Hana's actions and how she and Nozomi's relationship would change after that. I was eagerly awaiting those things after the climax, but was severely disappointed when the story just abruptly ends.

I actually think it's wrong to see that as a failure at all. It's perfectly fine for it to be focused as it is.

joined Apr 27, 2017

Not the het rape I expected.. so it turned out to be pretty ok for me.

joined Sep 2, 2017

Very weird that some commenters are okay with rape so long as it's girl on girl instead of guy on girl. She said no, she told her to stop, she also said it hurts. Mc kept going anyways. We saw afterwards that the poor girl was traumatised. That's just rape. Not kind of rape. Finishing it off with a joke at the end made this a very disturbing read.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Very weird that some commenters are okay with rape so long as it's girl on girl instead of guy on girl. She said no, she told her to stop, she also said it hurts. Mc kept going anyways. We saw afterwards that the poor girl was traumatised. That's just rape. Not kind of rape. Finishing it off with a joke at the end made this a very disturbing read.

B...B-B-B-BUT IF IT'S YURI THEN IT'S OK! RAPE IS PERFECTLY FINE IT IT'S YURI! Y-Y-Y-YOUR JUST READING TO DEEP INTO THIS!

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Does this even count as yuri? I mean two girls did it, but in the most un-yuri way possible.

last edited at Sep 2, 2017 10:17PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I expected this to go in the "I shouldn't leave my best friend behind just because I want to fit in with the popular kids, since they don't really care about my wellbeing and I love my bestiemore than I thought I did" direction.

It um. It didn't.

Yeah me too. The rape scene was icky enough but then afterwards when Noz is all clingy and crying because her friend (maybe her only friend) forcibly had sex with her and now she's super confused if they can even still be friends and the MCs reply is just "wow i took all your firsts thats hilarious, im gonna tell everyone at school"

just wtf

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

wow what the heck

Soo%20nice
joined May 10, 2013

Rape is wrong...But I like it....

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

One of the reasons I read manga was to escape reality. Ironic, isn't it?

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Well I regret not reading the tags for this before reading...

Vamoaver
joined Apr 16, 2013

well.... that was random. Wasn't expecting this from the artist.

joined Nov 11, 2013

The thing is, yes, people like this can exist, but they're stupid and a jerk, really, what fuck with her brain, she like five years old or something? And i even dont know what this story trying to do, kinda fuck up for no reason and meaning. Kinda pity for the short hair, she deserve a better gf that this dead brain.

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 2:09AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.