Forum › Strawberry Fields Once Again discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

One problem I have with the plot: what does the future Akira do now that her girlfriend is gone to the past?

Three words: The Dandelion Girl. ;-)

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 3:17AM

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Let me take you down, cause im going to strawberry fields

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

My problem is that bottom panel on this page. Look how tall she is! She must be a full 15cm taller as an adult than she is at age 16! Maybe it's just Pure embellishing things in her mind.

Anyways, this looks fantastic.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 3:29AM

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Hoping this is really a Time Traveller manga because it would awesome like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - (Then it will be "The Girl Who Leapt Back 7 years Through Time" Haha) but what if it turned out to be like this manga? Sorry just having some trust issues.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 4:08AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Hoping this is really a Time Traveller manga because it would awesome like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - (Then it will be "The Girl Who Leapt Back 7 years Through Time" Haha) but what if it turned out to be like this manga? Sorry just having some trust issues.

You haven't even mentioned the best time-travel manga of them all.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Wait if the time travel is true, does that mean adult Akira is dating a high schooler or is Pure an adult pretending to be a high schooler?

Judging by Pure's flashback, I'd say it's the former.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I hope it IS really time travel - that would be more of a twist than her being some kinda Chuunibyou stalker.

Also Chuunibyou really annoy me lol. If the author is smart they will start to insert clues that hint she knows things she shouldn't but without being solid proof to keep you guessing - does she know that because she is from the future or is she just a good stalker?

And yes time travel stories are always very complex to write - you either need alternate realities - which raises other issues, or rewriting the past into a new reality you wont know the outcome of, or a time loop - and it's easy for authors to mess it up badly and leave huge flaws.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 4:49AM

N5203e802c394f_large
joined May 5, 2013

WHEN THE MOON HITS YOUR EYE LIKE A BIG PIZZA PIE, THAT'S AMOREEEEEE

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Let's count out how many goddamn tropes does Pure even have

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The first rule of enjoying non-hard scifi time travel stories is don't think about the implications of time travel.

joined Sep 4, 2016

Yandere tag?

Just a goddess with her guardian
Picsart_05-18-01.21.06
joined May 9, 2017

I can see Homura in Pure, except her personality thought.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

time travel huh interesting

joined May 24, 2014

Time travel invariably produces excessive headaches and bullshit, even in the hands of the best of writers.

Don't think too hard about it and just enjoy the rest of the story. >.>

It seems people DO WANT to play with sticks all day long

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

You haven't even mentioned the best time-travel manga of them all.

While both of these manga are alright, I think the yuri time travelling greats are pretty much just... (I guess this kind of spoils important stuff about the stuff I'm mentioning, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if you read/watched them) are Madoka Magica and Qualia the Purple. Such amazing series, and I'm happy to see another yuri thing that seems to be tackling time travel in an interesting way. It doesn't seem to be quite as dark as those two things, but, who knows, maybe it'll start off lighthearted then turn into something truly horrifying like those two things.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Long time lurker, first time poster.

If she is from 7 years in the future, shouldn't this have an age gap tag?

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Dat phone crushing though...... >.>

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Best Mangaka Rohan posted:

Maybe she's half android

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

This manga has my attention but I can easily see it screwing up. I'll keep an eye on it.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

It was made in China

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

#yandere?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wait if the time travel is true, does that mean adult Akira is dating a high schooler or is Pure an adult pretending to be a high schooler?

Judging by Pure's flashback, I'd say it's the former.

Hm if this is true, I can see this ending up with Pure staying in the past timeline to grow older together with Akira. Less controversy since they won't be dealing with a minor. Or it can end up bittersweet and Pure ends up going back to her original timeline after Akira figures out her feelings. I guess we'll see.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Maybe she won't return to the future by jumping, but want to instead arrive there at the same speed as her amore? Spending their highschool years together?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Maybe she won't return to the future by jumping, but want to instead arrive there at the same speed as her amore? Spending their highschool years together?

She'll get the fiercest possible romantic rival at some point in that case.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Chikaon posted:

Could be something like X-Men: Days of Future Past where only the time traveller's consciousness is sent back in time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.