Forum › Girlish Sweet discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i wish i knew wtf was going on.

Pretty simple. Their relationship had stalled because Kana's mother issues made it hard for her to connect with people emotionally, and Kikyo's friends forced the issue which allowed them to communicate more and start moving forward with their relationship.

joined Sep 9, 2013

Pretty simple. Their relationship had stalled because Kana's mother issues made it hard for her to connect with people emotionally, and Kikyo's friends forced the issue which allowed them to communicate more and start moving forward with their relationship.

I really feel that Kikyo's friends crossed some serious lines here. I work in this situation but it could easily have made it worse. Helping is one thing but interfering and threatening people is going too far IMO.

last edited at Jun 17, 2014 11:03AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really feel that Kikyo's friends crossed some serious lines here. I work in this situation but it could easily have made it worse. Helping is one thing but interfering and threatening people is going too far IMO.

Agreed, but then Nonaka isn't portrayed as a necessarily good person in the first place, what with the lying, impulsiveness and so forth. So making a risky and intrusive move like that is pretty much in character for her.

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

Agreed, but then Nonaka isn't portrayed as a necessarily good person in the first place, what with the lying, impulsiveness and so forth. So making a risky and intrusive move like that is pretty much in character for her.

It kinda makes me wonder if her losses are what's lead her to having such a disconnected lifestyle, with the lying, infidelities, and the like.

I'm liking Girlish Sweet because it's one of those where Takemiya is exploring her characters' depths a bit more than usual.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 8.5 pg 1: "I'll go as soon as soon as..." (soon as said twice).

joined Mar 30, 2012

Ya, some people make really good credit pages.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

ch 8.5 pg 1: "I'll go as soon as soon as..." (soon as said twice).

Yeah, that ... came to our attention. (QC! shakes fist) I sent in a v2 a while ago, so that should be up at some point? Alternatively, http://www.mediafire.com/download/3hybpdmxj0anj5l/Girlish_Sweet_ch07.5_%5BDivulge%5D.zip if you want?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ah, sorry, actually uploaded it over an hour ago but didn't double-check - site was being picky for some reason. Fixed now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hmmm, that extra chapter really soured me on the whole thing :/

Is good to have more Takemiya Jin though!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Man, Takemiya Jin just loves torturing Katou, doesn't she?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm liking this less and less with each new chapter :(

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

aaaaaa Katou :( i realy wanted to see more of these two since that first snippet of them, and now to be rewarded with this argh. hope things get better for her

1601027_795818500441432_7671980177939230942_n
joined Apr 14, 2014

If they're on the cover, things have to get better, right?

Right?

I hope so ...

joined Mar 23, 2013

Inb4 that's her mother.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I feel bad for Katou...! Hopefully things will get better.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

aaaaaa Katou :( i realy wanted to see more of these two since that first snippet of them, and now to be rewarded with this argh. hope things get better for her

I think this is the cover of the collection: http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/manga/3/34643l.jpg

Right?

Well, they seem to be going to the play at the end separately, so... Maybe she ends up with the tall blond?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think this is the cover of the collection: http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/manga/3/34643l.jpg

Right?

Well, they seem to be going to the play at the end separately, so... Maybe she ends up with the tall blond?

From what we've seen so far, it might be healthier for her in the long run. Nonoka doesn't seem to be really stable relationship material.

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

yay!! new chap~ thanks for the upload!

and now she is stabilized... or not? xD

last edited at Jun 21, 2014 1:33PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

finally! justice for Katou.

welp, that should be just about all the couples. final chapter coming soon?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Guess so, they are entering that concert/play thingie at the end of that chapter... lol

last edited at Jun 21, 2014 1:58PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That extra panel, with her going "Ooh!" suggests she's still got a wandering eye for that type. But then, that only takes place what, a couple of weeks away or so? Certainly the same school year. So maybe with time she'll eventually stop with all that.

Still think Katou would have been smarter to let her go and find a more healthy relationship.

joined Mar 23, 2013

That extra panel, with her going "Ooh!" suggests she's still got a wandering eye for that type. But then, that only takes place what, a couple of weeks away or so? Certainly the same school year. So maybe with time she'll eventually stop with all that.

Still think Katou would have been smarter to let her go and find a more healthy relationship.

Come on now, the "wandering eye" is not something that stops.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Am I the only one that was hoping for Katou to kick the crap out of Nonaka and left?

Nonaka's kind of a bitch.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 10, pg 2: "You can think we can just drop by whenever?" it should be "You think we can just drop by whenever?" that first "can" doesnt belong there.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

ch 10, pg 2: "You can think we can just drop by whenever?" it should be "You think we can just drop by whenever?" that first "can" doesnt belong there.

Ah, thanks. Our QC's off travelling somewhere, so we sometimes miss errors with last minute edits. A v2's been submitted, so it should be up shortly.

last edited at Jun 22, 2014 11:09AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.