Forum › My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel discussion

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I could've sworn Mel's age was stated to be around 12-13.

BTW, my headcanon for the "Mel is indeed Marie's love interest" scenario is that Marie kept her love secret from Mel because she knew it that it's practically impossible for them to be adopted by the same master together, and thus should she actually confess and Mel reciprocate (very likely, considering her all-loving nature), the only thing that would come out of it is the heartbreak and grief of separation and the truth that statistically it's nigh-impossible for them to ever reunite again for any appreciable length of time.

Also, my guess on Master's thoughts at the end: "OMGOMGOMGOMG WHATDOIFUCKINGDOOOOOO?!"

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Master's eyes were those of surprise, or those of "JACKPOT!"?

Just a goddess with her guardian
Picsart_05-18-01.21.06
joined May 9, 2017

Inb4 DRAMA

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

The credit page remid me of the lewd doujin Hachi made.

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

oh snap O.o also, can we get a drawing/ mini comic of mel and master as a child, bc she was freakin adorable

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

The credit page remid me of the lewd doujin Hachi made.

It makes sense that it does: it's the first page of said doujin.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

It always had a bit of an angsty feel to it but damn that was a big drama bomb to drop! The slow pace it was going at balanced by cuteness and sweet little moments is so perfect that my heart renchest the tiniest bit of drama in this series! Always feels kinda taboo being a fan seeing as Mel is practically a child (she's beastkin but still...) but whenever I read again I feel the love! Anticipating like fuck for the next chapter!

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

There is official art of them fucking.

It’s really nice art too

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Man, Mel is way too cute. Despite my objections I'm still rooting for her and her master.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

BRO AT THE LAST FEW PAGES WHEN MEL SAID "I love you" I WAS CHANTING PLEASE BE AWAKE PLEASE BE AWAKE SO HARD AND I LEGIT SCREAMED WHEN SHE WAS. FRICK YEAHHHHHHHH

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

There is official art of them fucking.

It’s really nice art too

It really is

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

HAHAHAHAHA

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I was sure Master was awake.

joined Mar 6, 2016

Given the master's own feelings this should wrap up nicely right?

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Tbh, I've noticed this trend in mangas - Whenever a "secret" is happening (i.e.: the kiss and "I love you"), check the "sleeping" person's eyes, if they are not drawn - they are most likely awake. If they are drawn closed and then they are most likely sleeping :D

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Master had a Mel’s-lips proximity alarm chip installed first thing.

Like a person would.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

It's not like this is going to end in any way other than sunshine and loli puppies so I'm finding it hard to get that invested in the 'drama'.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I seem to recall there's some kind of law that Marie cites about the cohabitation of beastkins and humans. Probably some form of light apartheid. We didn't see any instance of racism (specism?) (yet) but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist in this world.

They have different tickets for the train for example.

So the barrier between humans and beastkins is there, only alluded to as of yet.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I seem to recall there's some kind of law that Marie cites about the cohabitation of beastkins and humans. Probably some form of light apartheid. We didn't see any instance of racism (specism?) (yet) but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist in this world.

So the barrier between humans and beastkins is there, only alluded to as of yet.

I think the ticket thing was more like an adult and minor prize

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Aw, shucks... Mel's sad ears make me a sad Trouserwitz.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

sadhomu82 posted:

I think the ticket thing was more like an adult and minor prize

I don't think so.

It was mentioned she's a beastkin on the ticket. So, clearly there's a discriminiation.

Probably, a minored price like you say, but more something like a ticket for a dog. Beastkins in this world, are, in my opinion, second class citizens. With masters. IE, slaves.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Probably, a minored price like you say, but more something like a ticket for a dog. Beastkins in this world, are, in my opinion, second class citizens. With masters. IE, slaves.

I think we've been through this before, and you could be right. In fact you're almost certainly at least partly right. But we just don't have a great deal of very, very basic information to tell us for sure. After all, "master" would be how a domestic servant (instead of a slave) would refer to their employer, etc. Among those questions:

• Where do beastkin even come from? Is there a beastkin community, or are they essentially mutations produced by humans? If there is a beastkin community, why can't the children stay with their families of origin?
  • Are beastkin with masters paid for their work?
  • Are beastkin ever abused or otherwise harmed by their masters?
  • Is a beastkin with a master ever allowed to leave? (We haven't seen any who want to leave, of course.)
  • What are the rights of first-class citizens in this world? What is the political system like?

I think it's been very interesting to watch the different iterations of the "Master and Mel" material go from a point where Itou Hachi had very little interest in world-building except as a kind of superficial stage set (vaguely early-20th century technology, sporadically late-Victorian social customs, etc.) to substantially more specific (but still quite slight) development of the conceptual underpinnings of the storyworld.

I'm surprised that the series ever got much beyond, "All you need to know is that Itou Hachi wanted to draw lovey-dovey scenes of cute little girls with furry ears and a tail."

Fb_img_1537931044292
joined Aug 22, 2018

Crying Mel is suffering ;^;

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 7:44AM

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

That crying Mel have destroyed my heart. Holy moly...........

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Why is the beastkin part more important than the fact Mel is a CHILD.
Or do beastkin stay that size forever here?

last edited at Nov 4, 2018 7:47AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.