Forum › Alien Girl discussion

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Clicking around on the patreon, it looks like the alien's name is 'Ada'. Willing to bet it's an acronym.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How is this yuri? Because "boobs" and cute? It doesn't seem to have nipples. So it's not a mammal. Maybe some kind of reptile,

Well I can't say much for the rest but the artist tags this girl as 'alien girl' 'monster girl' and does have a post tagged as 'yuri' as well. And also goes on to call the main scientist despicable person but good at her job so take that as you will!

Word Of God says it's yuri, it's yuri.

Images
joined May 22, 2014

So the black haired scientist is belgian. Now I can't decide in my headcanon whether she has a hot french accent or an adorable dutch accent.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I'm fully prepared for this thing to be evil, or have some weird sense of alien blue and orange morality, but by gosh is it cute.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I will never understand hair straightening. Curly/wavy hair is thicker, more interesting, and wonderfully fluffy. Doing it repeatedly is also very damaging.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

So cuuuute !!! :D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I will never understand hair straightening. Curly/wavy hair is thicker, more interesting, and wonderfully fluffy. Doing it repeatedly is also very damaging.

It can also be very hard to control, prone to split ends and frizzy in damp weather.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I had fun thinking up different scenarios with this thing's anatomy and behavior. Like how some parts of it look too human to be a coincidence, but other parts show off what might be its 'true' form. I wonder what the artist had in mind beyond 'cute alien/monster girl thing'. Is it a Species-style hybrid? Maybe it has minor transformational abilities and morphed part of its form to better endear itself to the humans studying it. It has apparently perfectly human arms and hands, but neat digitigrade legs with..disturbingly adorable feet (I feel so weird).

'Because it's cute' is probably the right answer, but it's a great design and is making me want to know more about it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Where did it show sapience?!?

Does this look like a dog playing fetch to you?
Don't ask me how Scientist Lady communicated the idea though, probably showed some pictures and E.T. worked out the rest from there.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Where did it show sapience?!?

Does this look like a dog playing fetch to you?
Don't ask me how Scientist Lady communicated the idea though, probably showed some pictures and E.T. worked out the rest from there.

The implication seems to be she's mute but understands whatever language the Scientist uses.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

i have a really hard time deciding if this is cute AF or just plain disgusting and really wrong since i saw that movie where some scientific actually fuck a creature like this i think was called "splice"

joined Jul 26, 2016

The implication seems to be she's mute but understands whatever language the Scientist uses.

Don't really see how that'd compute. They rather seem to be at the stage of getting across general meanings and intents by body language etc. For all we know that species doesn't even vocalise in the human-audible range and might rely on different "communication channels" entirely (taste/smell and touch would seem strong candidates here) in the first place.

I'd reconstruct that particular scene as Scientist Lady (yet again) dressing E.T. up , showing her(?) a vid of her favorite meido cafe (or something) and more or less just indicating the glass - even across the obvious cultural and communications barriers the gist of the game oughta been readily enough apparent.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 1:14AM

joined Sep 9, 2016

So the black haired scientist is belgian. Now I can't decide in my headcanon whether she has a hot french accent or an adorable dutch accent.

As a French speaker myself, I prefer to think she speaks French, but I'm not sure that you could call her accent (whatever it may be) as strictly "French" or "Dutch" as those adjectives in solitude would refer to accents in the countries south and north of Belgium, in my mind.

Mais, qu'est-ce que j'en sais, moi? J'attends qu'un(e) Français(e) ou un(e) Belge intervienne pour dire s'il suffit de parler français pour avoir un accent français, quel que soit leur pays d'origine.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 3:01AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

^ Wait what is your question exactly?
What to call her possible accent?
Well, if she speaks French and it shows when she speaks English, then that's it? She has a French accent?
I'm sorry if I'm getting this wrong, I'm not entirely sure what you're wondering about
Je peux essayer de te donner un exemple tho. J'ai une amie chinoise avec un anglais déplorable. En particulier, j'entends parfois les traces de son français dans son anglais. But there's all sorts of things going wrong when she speaks English, so I'd really just say that "she has an accent", cus it wouldn't just be limited to her French.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 3:53AM

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

disgusting

joined Sep 9, 2016

Well, if she speaks French and it shows when she speaks English, then that's it? She has a French accent?
I'm sorry if I'm getting this wrong, I'm not entirely sure what you're wondering about
Je peux essayer de te donner un exemple tho. J'ai une amie chinoise avec un anglais déplorable. En particulier, j'entends parfois les traces de son français dans son anglais. But there's all sorts of things going wrong when she speaks English, so I'd really just say that "she has an accent", cus it wouldn't just be limited to her French.

My question was whether you could say a Belgian has a French accent, strictly speaking. Maybe I was thinking too much of the speaker's native language, not a second language. What you say makes sense, that their [language] would have a French accent if you didn't know any better, but I'd have a hard time calling their accent (in French) French unless they were from France, if that makes any sense. Maybe I'm being too literal... I hate feeling like I'm a moron.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 4:30AM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Every resistention is useless.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Neither nor. Imagine her with a sweet soft GERMAN accent. ;)

Personally I'd prefer french.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

My question was whether you could say a Belgian has a French accent, strictly speaking. Maybe I was thinking too much of the speaker's native language, not a second language. What you say makes sense, that their [language] would have a French accent if you didn't know any better, but I'd have a hard time calling their accent (in French) French unless they were from France, if that makes any sense. Maybe I'm being too literal... I hate feeling like I'm a moron.

As a French person who's been several times in Belgium, I can tell that French speaking belgians have a... belgian accent. The same way French speaking canadians have a distinct accent from the one spoken in France. I imagine it's the same for Flemish belgians. They speak their own flavor of Dutch, probably with a distinct accent.

As for when they speak a foreign language it's the same. They should taint it with their own flavor of belgian accent.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 11:21AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I suppose that to a Belgian in Belgium, it'd just be 'French', and there would be no need to specify, because within place and context, it's a given.
If the author were to describe the scientist as being a French speaking Belgian and having an accent, they may choose to specify it as well. If she were to speak French, and it reflected in wtv else she spoke, I think it's safe to assume that it'd be a French Belgian accent, the same way you can assume that a French Canadian's French accent would be one from Quebec, and not France.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 1:42PM

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Mewtwo+xenomorph?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I suppose the big question is how she got there? In her own ship, or found on another world by humans?

Wait, wait! The REAL big question is will Earth legalize same-apparent-sex interspecies marriage?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I suppose the big question is how she got there? In her own ship, or found on another world by humans?

Wait, wait! The REAL big question is will Earth legalize same-apparent-sex interspecies marriage?

They'll ruin the sanctity of marriage, one moment we are marrying xeno's the next moment we are marrying dogs! this has to be stopped

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

disgusting

Welp if you find her disgusting you will love the half human/half rotten meat girl the author created <3 Also the author likes to draw horror, so maybe we see her disemboweling intruders or smth like that (which I doubt)

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 6:38PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

They'll ruin the sanctity of marriage, one moment we are marrying xeno's the next moment we are marrying dogs! this has to be stopped

Xenodogs

To reply you must either login or sign up.