Forum › Citrus discussion

Teko-and-pikari-holding-hands
joined Jul 23, 2017

...Is it just me, or are there death flags popping up for Mei? Constant bouts of sickness, very reserved, and now this overheard shocking conversation? I really hope I'm wrong on this.

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

The author already stated that Mei and Yuzu will have a happy future and a happy ending (see all the author’s words at the end of volumes 5,6,7) so no death for Mei but a health problem serving a plot device drama is possible. Yuzu lost her father maybe cause of illness (cancer ?) so i would not be surprised that one of the girl could be ill. But that is probably for another arc.

Capture
joined Dec 21, 2016

I used all thursday night to read completely this manga again, and I would like to say that I love it very much.

For the longest time, I want to find out a manga that will bring me so many emotions, and I realize that thing when reading Citrus XD

Maybe everybody has different taste to read another material, but in my view Citrus has enough good points for me to be addicted to it.

First: it has a nice art with beautiful faces, not overdoing boobs, thin bodies,....
Second: two feminine girls love each other, their relationship is improving slowly.
Third: I can feel the love from Yuzu ( of course I love Yuzu more than Mei because I love how she is consistent with her love for Mei), and sometimes she said many lovely words to cross my heart * lol *
Their growing in their mind against with social problems....

These are some good points that made I love this manga so much. XD

When I read chapter 32, I love this manga more and more because I know they will not have sex promply, they have to face a few problems before having memorable night with each other :))

I love Mei's status because that is the emotion of girl who fell in love XD

I will wait for their future love :)) Yuzu x Mei is more than real XD

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

News on that anime adaptation:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-16/citrus-anime-casts-hisako-kanemoto-rei-matsuzaki/.122820

tl;dr;

Hisako Kanemoto as Sara Tachibana
Rei Matsuzaki as Nina Tachibana
Tomoaki Maeno as Shō Aihara
Kana Ueda as Ume Aihara

Sara and Nina's VA means we're getting to Volume 4, at least.
And Yuzu's mom has a name now.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Well, fuck you too, chapter 33. I thought we were past this crap, into genuine, cute romance, but nope. And a complete ass-pull, at that. Like, literally, OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE! I mean, I enjoyed the crap BEFORE, when I started it, back in first chapters. It was basically in the same category as "Netsuzou Trap", and I liked it for its crappy drama. But now I actually EXPECT things here. Because the last ten or so chapters were genuinely good, and cute, and feel-y, and stuff. AND THIS SHIT CAME OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE, and the worst part is, MEI HAS BEEN KEEPING IT A SECRET THIS WHOLE TIME, effectively painting these last ten GOOD chapters into decidedly different light, in retrospect.

But it just does not feel believable, like, not a hint before, not even an inkling of foreshadowing, nothing. I think Saburouta literally pulled this out of her ass. Fuck it, we shall see.

Only good thing here is how genuinely dedicated to Yuzu's happiness Matsuri actually is. Like, before it seemed she shipped the main characters mostly for kicks, but now is apparent she was genuinely invested into them succeeding, bless her.

__gertrud_barkhorn_world_witches_series_and_etc_drawn_by_amakawa_ginga__970ec8089e5295274b5d2dc3d38d2725
joined Oct 21, 2015

-bangs head against wall repeatedly-

Saburouta, I shiggy diggy

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

So the rapy teacher from the beginning is used for drama now? Kinda late, I already forgot about him. o.o I like the characters and the art, but the pacing and drama is weird.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

wtf happend? the art and story just went out the window

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 3:14PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

So the rapy teacher from the beginning is used for drama now? Kinda late, I already forgot about him. o.o I like the characters and the art, but the pacing and drama is weird.

I kind of thought that was called off once Yuzu destroyed his reputation, and he was forced to resign. I actually went back and re-read it, and true, it is never explicitly stated the engagement is off, but it seems logical. Like, what would be the point, he is obviously the one who does not have the money and status compared to Mei's family, and now his reputation is in tatters. Why would they go through with it?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I thought we were past this crap

That is the only kind of drama Saburouta can write. And we need drama to keep interest and popularity of the series. There is even a high chance editor was the one who forced this, saying something like "ok, we had enough of nothing happening, create some tension so we can keep reader wondering what will happen next and not get bored of reading this".

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 3:21PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

It's not the teacher from vol. 1.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Wow, someone did not make it to deadline I see. Half of this chapter were barely sketches.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Everything from the story to the art was just a big middle finger from Saburouta to the readers.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

The café / villa owner seems to be the new fiancé if he had to take that out of place phonecall. Assuming we've actually seen his real self (kind) and how he must've figured out Mei and Yuzu's relationship one way or another, isn't this actually a nice turning point? Since there's a high chance he'll find a way that those two can be together.

He seems like the type that doesn't give a dip about family traditions, working on his own like that instead of working in a company that his family owns (if that café is not their family's that is).

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hey guys been a while since i've last read this, what's goingoh god oh crap i'm out, will be back once i have enough booze

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

But it just does not feel believable, like, not a hint before, not even an inkling of foreshadowing, nothing. I think Saburouta literally pulled this out of her ass.

If you consider the context of her family and the fact that she was already promised to the teacher back in vol1, it was pretty much expected even if we didn't hear about it until now. Also, this would further explain why Mei was so cold up until now.

For once, nobody can tell this isn't realistic! Bad mouth would say it should have been the only real drama. Even if does bother me that it hinders our beloved protagonists once more. But I don't mind after all, I'm here for the angst and the melodrama, I'm here to feel all kind of emotions. I can't wait to see how they will all react and deal with it.

I don't think it would be him, not after the scandal Yuzu did about him.

wtf happend? the art and story just went out the window

It already happened once, I think it's when she is late and is giving it to be on time.

The café / villa owner seems to be the new fiancé if he had to take that out of place phonecall. Assuming we've actually seen his real self (kind) and how he must've figured out Mei and Yuzu's relationship one way or another, isn't this actually a nice turning point? Since there's a high chance he'll find a way that those two can be together.

I could deal with that!

Edit : Ah and apparently no one is surprised that Mei and Yuzu are going together. I guess they're really bad at hiding stuff.

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 4:42PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Wow, someone did not make it to deadline I see. Half of this chapter were barely sketches.

She had to work on the extras for Volume 8.

Personally I feel people are overreacting here and jumping the gun no unlike Matsuri herself is doing. We know Yuzu and Mei are endgame so arranged marriages is just the next obstacle to overcome and is pretty in line with the "We have to live for ourselves and make our own decisions" theme that has driven the entire story. And that is assuming Mei does indeed have a fiance and is not a red herring.

Teko-and-pikari-holding-hands
joined Jul 23, 2017

Curses and naughty words!

joined May 11, 2017

He seems like the type that doesn't give a dip about family traditions, working on his own like that instead of working in a company that his family owns (if that café is not their family's that is).

Yup my thoughts exactly. And he has been hinting to Yuzu that "He'll be brave too" since Yuzu had inspired him so. I don't think Mei is actually engaged now. I do think that there is a suitor/fiance in the pipeline and that person is this guy. I can't see why she'd still be engaged to an opportunistic teacher with a shitty reputation. I mean she IS the gorgeous and prestigious Mei Aihara, a catch if ever there was one.
I do believe Mei in her own way is trying to fight tradition. Wanting Yuzu to kiss her in public. Wearing the ring. Bit marking her. I daresay Mei seems to want this relationship to be out in the open more than Yuzu does.

Also as an awesome twist... Mei's mother would reappear and this time with the reason why they divorced.... I'm assuming she also is from a prominent family and as per tradition was promised to Mei's dad.... But she divorced him and moved in with her highschool lover... her girl lover!! Maybe it's just me but I'm liking the drama! I just wish there were more memories that were made in their lame summer trip!

joined May 11, 2017

Hmmmm.... I wonder if Harumin has a fiance too..... I wonder how Matsuri will react.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

She had to work on the extras for Volume 8.

Personally I feel people are overreacting here and jumping the gun no unlike Matsuri herself is doing. We know Yuzu and Mei are endgame so arranged marriages is just the next obstacle to overcome and is pretty in line with the "We have to live for ourselves and make our own decisions" theme that has driven the entire story. And that is assuming Mei does indeed have a fiance and is not a red herring.

We know Mei and Yuzu are endgame, doesn't stop it from being a dumb twist to reuse the same cliche plot from the very beginning of the manga. Not to mention the constant convenient interruptions that stop characters from talking to each other. And to top it off the art, one of the best parts of the manga, was completely forgotten.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The circumstances between the first chapters and now is very different to say they are the same. Is like people claiming this summer trip was an exact mirror to the school trip where Yuzu met the twins, the context of both plots is completely different and people is seeing parallels that aren't there.

Furthermore, as previous chapters have shown Saburota is actually a pretty clever writer and one that doesn't stretches outside conflicts on her plots. Remember how the whole thing with Matsuri's blackmail was solved on a couple of panels?

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

mei's dad doesn't seem the kind of guy who would aprove his daughter marring into money and reputation to someone she doesn't love(anymore), wouln't he had something to say against gramps? also don't know if yuzu's mom could also get into the decision being her legal tutor

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Wow whats with the art?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The circumstances between the first chapters and now is very different to say they are the same. Is like people claiming this summer trip was an exact mirror to the school trip where Yuzu met the twins, the context of both plots is completely different and people is seeing parallels that aren't there.

Except they're not, the circumstances are the exact same. It's literally "SURPRISE! Mei has another arranged fiance! Isn't that so dramatic?"

Unless this is just a red herring and they are referring to the first arranged marriage that was called off then the parallels are there. At the very least it's lazy writing, ironically goes hand in hand with the lazy art.

Furthermore, as previous chapters have shown Saburota is actually a pretty clever writer and one that doesn't stretches outside conflicts on her plots. Remember how the whole thing with Matsuri's blackmail was solved on a couple of panels?

Come on, I've defended this series too from critics, but I have to admit that "clever" is not how I would describe Saburota's writing. You can only have so many different love triangles before they get repetitive.

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 5:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.